Brazil vs Côte d'Ivoire

Sħãlïq™

Who wins?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/worldcup2010/teamheaders/flags/flag-205-108.jpg vs. http://a1.espncdn.com/prod/assets/worldcup2010/teamheaders/flags/flag-4789-108.jpg

Drogba: I'm afraid of nothing

http://www.fifa.com/mm//Photo/Tournament/Competition/01/24/59/98/1245998_FULL-LND.jpg

is country's captain and primary source of goals, Didier Drogba has already won his first battle at the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ simply by taking to the field for Côte d'Ivoire.

Though his involvement in the showpiece was cast in doubt by surgery on his fractured arm on 5 June, Drogba appears to be winning the race to be fit enough to display his full range of talents in South Africa. He featured for nearly half an hour in the Elephants' opener with Portugal and the Chelsea marksman is now expected to start against Brazil at Soccer City on Sunday. He was Côte d'Ivoire's six-goal top scorer in qualifying but it is at the main event that he intends to leave the most lasting impression and ahead of the mouth-watering meeting with Brazil, he spoke exclusively with FIFA

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1250629/index.html#drogba+im+afraid+nothing

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cobb, Shaliq, Yugo, or any soccer guys lol, do you guys see Brazil not winning this one (in other words, draw or even lose)?

Put bet on Brazil's win. Interestingly the return is pretty high at $1.60... compared to England win (vs. Algeria) at only $1.20.

I think Brazil will score from different guys like they seemingly always do.

I think Brazil will win this but after seeing some of the shocking results in this years World Cup (Spain vs Switzerland) I don't know what to expect. But I still think Brazil will win this game.

Cobb, Shaliq, Yugo, or any soccer guys lol, do you guys see Brazil not winning this one (in other words, draw or even lose)?

Put bet on Brazil's win. Interestingly the return is pretty high at $1.60... compared to England win (vs. Algeria) at only $1.20.

Man, honestly, I see Brazil NOT winning this one. I HATE Portugal so I'm rooting for an Ivorian win or at least a draw -- that way Brazil would HAVE to beat Portugal, which would be a dream come true.

Wish you luck though...

Nah, Brazil should be fine unless Drogba does some magic. :lol:

Who just saw Kaka get a red? That dude in Ivory Coast should win an award, Kaka tapped him on the chest and the dude acted as if a bullet just went through his face and started rolling around and crying..wowwwwwww.

Yeah the guy clearly faked it and it was a straight up dive but the situation they were in with the two teams heating up, it was obvious he was going to get a yellow card for it at least since it was an elbow to the chest. He had a yellow card already before the game though which is why he got a red, they were up 3-0, he should have been taken out. But its not a big loss, they're already in the round of 16 so Kaka just gets to rest next game and prepare for that, no biggie.

What a finish by Luis Fabiano.

I thought you were at the beach? :lol:

This is easily the most entertaining game. Watching Brazil is like watching Harlem Globetrotters at work, esp passing the ball and making it look easy.

Ivory Coast is very physical, they're like the Bad Boys Detroit Pistons... muscular men ready to knock you to the ground, and most teams would fold to their physical style, but Brazil just toyed with them. Ivory Coast is like a bull in rage, and Brazil is the matador who keeps avoiding the sharp horns and charges with grace.

Brazil is just on a different level skill wise... Just when I thought Netherlands was a perfectly balanced offensive team, it pales in comparison with Brazil. It's an A class team.

Fabiano had 2 handballs in that 2nd goal... but I'm glad the ref let the play continue.

Concerns for Brazil are Elano's injury... if it's serious it could be damaging as his slashes to the goal seem to give Brazil a dimension to their offense besides Fabiano. And Kaka, but last game against Portugal should be little concern as they're pretty much in.

Fabiano is easily the most explosive striker in the tournament so far.

but that "elbow" happens like 900000000000 times during the game lol

this was a messy but at the same time very good game by brazil

i love fabiano, but 2nd goal..it probably shouldve been disallowed, in any case..looks like no matter how amazing brasils defense and goalie is..they almost ALWAYS have this thing about lettin ONE slide in their net..its been a problem for them ever since they started playing soccer in that country lol..they always fall a sleep and that one time usually is enough for the other team to score 1 and make it look more respectable lol

but w.e

ON TO THE LAST 16!!!!!!!!! BRASILLLLLLLL BABY!!! #6 HERE WE COME!

Edited by Clutch

^and miami heat

im not brasilian, and im not bandwagon fan..ive been watchin brasil since i was born (saudi arabia is not really gonna win anything...ever)

and im not a world cup fan either, so no..i know wat im supporting and its not a hype thing for me

Edited by Clutch

^and miami heat

im not brasilian, and im not bandwagon fan..ive been watchin brasil since i was born (saudi arabia is not really gonna win anything...ever)

and im not a world cup fan either, so no..i know wat im supporting and its not a hype thing for me

WTH. So how can you like JORDAN, KOBE, and WADE? :rofl: