Rumour: Andre Miller + 22nd Pick For 10th Pick Being Discussed

Rumblings persist: Andre Miller and 22 to indy for 10.

I don't know who Gery Woelfel is or how credible he is, but this makes sense for both teams. The Pacers desperately need a point guard and Andre Miller is one of the better point guards in the NBA.

The only thing about this trade for Indy is that their system is so heavily dependant on three point shots, and Miller is a poor shooter from distance. However, I think that with his playmaking ability, it would compensate for his lack of three point shooting because it would open things up more for the rest of the team.

As for Portland, they clearly want to hand over the reigns to Bayless and Miller is in his way. They trade a player who isn't in their plans and they aren't exactly thrilled with and the 22nd draft pick to get into the top 10. I don't see why they wouldn't do this, if this rumour is actually legit.

EDIT: I just realized that Miller is 34 years old. For some reason I thought he was younger than that. His age makes this a bit of a head scratcher for the Pacers. Not sure if it makes much sense to trade the 10th pick for a 34 year old point guard who will probably only be with you for another 2 years.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Is Andre Miller even that good? The trade makes good sense for the Blazers because they get to move up and they get rid of a washed-up point guard.

I dunno about the Pacers' side of this, but it seems like they aren't giving up that much in return, and they still get a decent first-round pick.

This is a dumb move for Pacers, good for Blazers I guess since Andre Miller was an unneeded signing in the first place.

Pacers give up a lotto for a band-aid fix at PG, this team isn't going anywhere and trades like this are exactly why they never will, they will always be stuck in the 10-15 pick range.

Guest STL10

This is a dumb move for Pacers, good for Blazers I guess since Andre Miller was an unneeded signing in the first place.

Pacers give up a lotto for a band-aid fix at PG, this team isn't going anywhere and trades like this are exactly why they never will, they will always be stuck in the 10-15 pick range.

Exactly, but the Blazers don't really have a good guy to take at 10 that fits them. Well unless they draft Paul George then it's a good trade for them.

Exactly, but the Blazers don't really have a good guy to take at 10 that fits them. Well unless they draft Paul George then it's a good trade for them.

Yeah but that's probably not gonna happen. The only reason the Blazers are interested in this is because they have more good options at 10 then they do at 22, and Miller wasn't doing that great anyways

Guest STL10

Yeah but that's probably not gonna happen. The only reason the Blazers are interested in this is because they have more good options at 10 then they do at 22, and Miller wasn't doing that great anyways

George is going to go at #12 in my Mock Draft, but Chad Ford suggests he might go at #9 to Utah.

Edited by STL10

Miller wasn't doing that great anyways? Another person who doesn't watch Blazer games. He had a fantastic season this year with the Blazers. He was the man when Brandon Roy was hurt. He stepped up in Roy's absence when LaMacrus Aldridge couldn't handle it. He put the team on his shoulders and got us key wins against Dallas (in Dallas in which he scored a career high 52), against Boston in Boston, against the Lakers. He's been one of the key parts for the Blazers this year.