LeBron prefers NYC

Guest STL10

Guest STL10

Several sources told Frank Isola of the New York Daily News that they believe LeBron James still prefers to sign in New York.

"Although the Bulls and Heat are clearing cap space, several people familiar with James' thinking believe that the Knicks are still his desired destination if he elects to leave Cleveland in his rearview mirror," wrote Isola.

"He told me after the Olympics he wanted to live in New York," one of the sources said. "And as far as I know nothing has changed."

When the Knicks meet with James, they will tell him: "Come here and there is no pressure to win a title the first year. We'll win 50 games, make the playoffs and you'll be the conquering hero. The next year we'll reload and we'll make a run at it."

Part of the Knicks' pitch will be that not only can James bring a second maximum-salary free agent with him to New York this summer, the team is also set up to have significant salary-cap room again next summer when Eddy Curry's contract comes off the books.

Some have speculated that Curry's expiring contract could be traded this off-season to help strengthen New York's roster.

An executive whose team is in the hunt for James said the superstar free agent could take three weeks to make a decision.

During that time, James might stop in New York and visit other teams in each of their respective cities.--New York Daily News

LINK

Edited by STL10

Haha was just about to post this, you're fast.

But I'm not sure about this, it's still a lot of speculation... I think if he chooses the Knicks it will still be sometime before he eventually wins. Chicago or Miami would be the places where he would almost contend immediately.

Right city but wrong team forum:

"My favorite borough? Brooklyn," James said, choosing the proposed future home of the New Jersey Nets over the borough of Manhattan, where the Knicks play their home games. "Brooklyn is definitely a great place here in New York City, and some of my best friends are from Brooklyn, so I stick up for them."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468173

day1. lebron prefers new york

day2. lebron prefers new jersey

day3. lebron prefers chicago

day4. lebron prefers miami

day5. lebron prefers clippers

day6. lebron prefers cavaliers

day7. lebron surprises all and signs with harlem globetrotters

• Like 1

From almost every article that I've read, it seems like his first choice is to stay with Cleveland, but if he chooses against that then it'll be another team. I'm thinking if it's not the Cavs, then it'll be the Bulls. I don't think LeBron would go somewhere where he knows he can't win right away. Chicago will most likely have Bosh and LeBron, when paired with Rose/Noah and their supporting cast that's an automatic top 3 NBA team.

You're veering off topic because you have nothing relevant to say, I'll ttyl.

Not really. He asked you a real question, which I would like to know the answer to as well. What in the world is the Knicks selling point?

Not really. He asked you a real question, which I would like to know the answer to as well. What in the world is the Knicks selling point?

Exactly...

The Knicks have NOTHING to offer LeBron other then money and a bigger stage to play on. If they sign him to a max, he'll be playing with a mediocre AT BEST supporting cast.

Bulls - Bosh coming, Noah/Rose/Bench

Nets - Harris/Favours/Lopez

Miami - Wade

LA Clippers - Griffen, Baron, Kaman

Knicks - TMac, Curry

Hmm..

I'm not going to comment on the last few posts, but my problem with this article is the ONLY backing to the title is:

"He told me after the Olympics he wanted to live in New York,' one of the sources said. "And as far as I know nothing has changed."

So, because LeBron (supposedly) said he wanted to LIVE (not play) in New York TWO YEARS ago automatically means he "still" prefers NY as his next playing destination?

That's why I hate living in this media market. It's entertaining for sure, but there's nothing but crap coming from these newspapers and such.

What Knicks can offer is that they allow LeBron to pretty much control the team like a GM this summer. He gets to choose who he plays with (if money allows).

Yeah and the Knicks selling point is also you will be on the biggest stage and there is no pressure to win this year. Win 50 games, be the hero of why the Knicks are back in the playoffs, then in 2011 we will get Paul/Melo/Durant, or something and you can win a championship then. Or in 2010 you can get a few guys to come to NY as well, we will trade Currys expiring for something useful and we can make a run now.

I never stated anywhere that he stated it recently did I buddy? Why is two years would he suddenly hate Brooklyn if he hasn't lived there yet?

:lol:

My question is how can Brooklyn be your favorite borough if you never lived there. What you heard Brooklyn in a rap song so you think it's cool now? Dumb.

The conversation wasn't about the Knicks selling point, unless I missed something. Maybe my reading comprehension skills are falling off.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29n7xjn.gif

Edited by Cotton Camby

My question is how can Brooklyn be your favorite borough if you never lived there. What you heard Brooklyn in a rap song so you think it's cool now? Dumb.

That's ridiculous reasoning. Chicago is my absolute favourite city, but I've never lived there but I've been there. You don't have to LIVE somewhere to like it.

The conversation wasn't about the Knicks selling point, unless I missed something. Maybe my reading comprehension skills are falling off.

Maybe they are. You are the one that brought up the fact that Brooklyn would be the selling point for the Nets. Well I was wondering what the amazing selling point for the Knicks is. I'm pretty sure Lebron could care less about being a "hero in the city for taking the Knicks in the playoffs". :lol: He wants to win rings, simple.

Maybe they are. You are the one that brought up the fact that Brooklyn would be the selling point for the Nets.

Did I?

Reading comprehension again... I said the draw would be the roster. Universe said it was Brooklyn.