LeBron hardly a king for taking the easy way out with star-laden Heat

Lkr

GREENWICH, Conn., July 8, 1990 -- Michael Jordan announced on national television leaving Chicago to join the Detroit Pistons. Jordan said it was tough to bolt Chicago, where he was the most popular athlete in many years, because he thinks he has a better chance to win a championship if he plays with Pistons star Isiah Thomas. Jordan said by playing together, he and Thomas "won't have the pressure of going out and scoring 30 every night."

That would have sounded absurd, right? Well, it is no more absurd than what LeBron James is doing. Jordan was 27 years old in 1990, slightly older than James is now. He had never been to the NBA Finals. He had been beaten up by the Celtics and Pistons for years. He doubted his supporting cast was good enough.

But he never doubted himself.

And it became very clear Thursday night that LeBron James does doubt himself. James will be a champion in Miami -- if not next year, then sometime after that. If you put James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh together and give Pat Riley five years to find the complementary pieces, that team will win a championship.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/michael_rosenberg/07/08/lebron.event/#ixzz0t9oTdzXf

It is the easy way out, but its also the smart thing to do, I would make the same decision, and so would everyone else.

I wouldn't leave my hometown, I would keep trying as hard as I could to win them a title(something they haven't had for any sports in ages)

So you would waste your career failing over and over just to keep the place you were born happy? I would rather leave and do whats best for me, cause in the end, its the sport he loves, and he wants to win.

So you would waste your career failing over and over just to keep the place you were born happy? I would rather leave and do whats best for me, cause in the end, its the sport he loves, and he wants to win.

LOL, why you taking the easy way out bro? I hope you dont win any rings.

The Bulls had a young Pippen starting to bloom, an all-time great coach and a perfect supporting cast built around Jordan's talents. The Cavs have an old Jamison with a big contract, Mo Williams who chokes in the post-season, and a few other solid pieces and coach.

Much, much different situation.

Anyone able to find a video on Jordan saying he wants to join the Pistons? I don't really believe it so I want to see proof.

.......Seriously? Wow.

Uhm...anyways. It's really a tough decision to make. I mean, we can sit here and easily say "Yeah I would of joined Miami" or "I would never bail on my home town" but saying it to your friends and not actually being in his position is completely different. I can't imagine the stress LeBron was going through, you could clearly see it in his voice when he announced it that this entire process was stressful as hell. In no way am I fan of LeBron as I can't really stand the guy at all. Sure, he did take the easy way out. But why not make NBA history and form possibly the greatest trio to ever play on an NBA team?

Tough call.

He had the right to leave, he did it the wrong way, but the Cavaliers failed for 7 years to put a championship caliber team around LBJ, there was no upside... he did take the easy way out goign to Miami but you cannot blame if he had chose Chicago/NJ or even NY with Amare and some solid young guys in Gallo/Chandler there as well.

I think this decision really just represents where the NBA is now, everyone is friends, there is no competition.... guys like LBJ and Wade should be going toe to toe in the ECF, not alongside one another, there is just no pride and competition anymore... the only guy that really has the fire these days is Kobe.

• Like 2