iPhone 4 vs. Blackberry Bold 9700

Which one is better? Im planning on getting one of the two and i cannot decide. Currently i have the Bberry Curve 8320, and im looking for an upgrade.

I like both phones equally but i can't decide which one is better.

Pros for me for BBerry:

Speed of texting/calling (the physical keyboard)

good os

nice look

Cons:

Apps

Pros IPhone 4:

appstore

design

camera

all the different customizations, etc.

cons:

touch (takes forever to txt and do [expletive])

1) If you like the Blackberry already, than stay with that brand.

2) You can get almost every app that the iPhone has, that doesn't involve motion detection.

3) The touchscreen on the iPhone is by far the faster and easier way to type and 'do [expletive]'. Just gotta get used to it.

4) Set up on iPhone [menu/screens etc] is much easier to navigate.

5) iPhones are much better time wasters for class and stuff like that, you have a bigger selection of games and such.

6) iPhone don't have BBM.

Just made your decision harder? Just go to the store, test them both out and see which one you like. I'm 100% pro-iPhone, I'm getting on in September, but if I couldn't get an iPhone, I would get a blackberry because EVERYONE else has one and they all have BBM.

And don't listen to the whole 'antenna issue' thing for the iPhone, if that's apart of your decision making process. A simple fix for it is to buy a case, or put a small peice of tape over it.

BTW, Apple is offering a FREE case for those having antenna issues, so if you were to get an iPhone, you get a free case [or at least side bumper case] to fix everything.

Nothing really compares to the iPhone. I was messing around with my sister's b/f's iPhone last week, and the thing is fuggin amazing.

but there are some problems so i'd wait a little bit before going to it.

all i can say is stay away from the blackberry storm. that is waht i have, and boy was it an awful decision.

Don't get the IPhone 4 yet, wait for all the problems to be fix.

They won't be fixed for a while to be honest. Apple isn't going to recall their current sales, and they're not going to change how the phone is made. They have a simple fix with the case, which every new-smartphone owner should have already.

I'm assuming they'll release a fixed iPhone by September earliest, most likely November in time for Christmas.

In all honesty, the iPhone is probably the best smartphone available right now, with the Droid X/Incredible creeping up slowly. Blackberries are good, but you can tell when you're using them they're more business oriented. Barely any games, lack of fun apps. iPhone is for a casual phone user, that enjoys being entertained. I never got bored of my iPhone because I had so many apps to choose from. The BB has BBM [faster version of texting, but everyone uses it] and brick breaker.

If I were you, I'd be choosing between the iPhone and the Droid X.

I'm not a big touchscreen fan either, never really got used to it. Plus everyone has the I Phone nowadays and that's mainly the reason why I didn't buy the phone. Plus the Blackberry is cheaper so you can't really go wrong.

Edited by Confidence

I'm not a big touchscreen fan either, never really got used to it. Plus everyone has the I Phone nowadays and that's mainly the reason why I didn't buy the phone. Plus the Blackberry is cheaper so you can't really go wrong.

Bold 9700 = $200 with 3 year plan

iPhone 4 16GB = $200 with 3 year plan

Just out of curiosity where did you get those figures from?

AT&T's website.

EDIT: Sry it's for a 2 year plan for both.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-details/?device=BlackBerry%C2%AE+Bold+%28TM%29+9700&q_sku=sku4130251

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/packages/iphone-packages.jsp

Edited by Jammin

Honestly, get the iphone if those are your two choices.

I owned a blackberry 9000 for 2 years and I got tired of it having NO apps. There is absolutely no worthwhile apps for the blackberry.

Also, RIM doesn't know how to innovate with their design, the 9700 has specs from last gen phones, all new phones are so much faster and better at mostly everything. RIM phones are not moving forward at all. The best thing about blackberry's is that they have the best keyboards, i can type without looking on my bberry and im very fast at it too.

I personally am going to wait for the windows phone 7 series that come out later this year, but if you want a new phone already on then go with the iPhone.

And don't listen to the whole 'antenna issue' thing for the iPhone, if that's apart of your decision making process. A simple fix for it is to buy a case, or put a small peice of tape over it.

BTW, Apple is offering a FREE case for those having antenna issues, so if you were to get an iPhone, you get a free case [or at least side bumper case] to fix everything.

So if i go to the store and buy the phone, they'll let me pick a case?

BlackBerry wins it. Why? because Iphone breaks all the time.

BlackBerry is way better to work. Iphone is just for 16 year olds that just want to play Jelly Car or Monkey ball lol

BlackBerry wins it.

Even though I'm 16 :D

BlackBerry wins it. Why? because Iphone breaks all the time.

BlackBerry is way better to work. Iphone is just for 16 year olds that just want to play Jelly Car or Monkey ball lol

BlackBerry wins it.

Even though I'm 16 :D

Blackberry breaks 10x more than the iPhone. I had my 2G iPhone for almost 4 years before I had ANY problem with it. My girlfriend's has had her 3Gs for 1.5 years with no problems. I know at least 5 people who have had to send their Blackberry in for service/get a new one. My one friend's phone broke 4x.

The iPhone has more apps on it that are business oriented than the Blackberry has too, so it's not just 'Jellycar' and 'Monkeyball'.

Honestly, get the iphone if those are your two choices.

I owned a blackberry 9000 for 2 years and I got tired of it having NO apps. There is absolutely no worthwhile apps for the blackberry.

Also, RIM doesn't know how to innovate with their design, the 9700 has specs from last gen phones, all new phones are so much faster and better at mostly everything. RIM phones are not moving forward at all. The best thing about blackberry's is that they have the best keyboards, i can type without looking on my bberry and im very fast at it too.

I personally am going to wait for the windows phone 7 series that come out later this year, but if you want a new phone already on then go with the iPhone.

I've found plenty of worthwhile apps to play around with and I don't even have a data plan. :lol: Google is your friend.