What are you expectations for Amare

I expect him to score 24 ppg, grab about 10 rpg, and 2 bpg

nothing incredible but very good. i still think he'll thrive in d'antoni's offense even with the great nash not beside him

Since the Knicks don't have many stars other than Amar'e I don't see a big deflation in his stats compared to when he was in Phoenix. Sure Nash fed him easy baskets from time to time but I think Amar'e is still capable of scoring himself. I'd say somewhere between 23-26 PPG would sound realistic.

He's not going to do [expletive] without Nash. Guarantee it. He's not that good creating a shot for himself which you all will witness in NY.

His averages will be 17 ppg 8 rpg....if that.

No way dude. In the wide open D'antoni offense that stresses no defense he's going to get plenty more then that.

Since the Knicks don't have many stars other than Amar'e I don't see a big deflation in his stats compared to when he was in Phoenix. Sure Nash fed him easy baskets from time to time but I think Amar'e is still capable of scoring himself. I'd say somewhere between 23-26 PPG would sound realistic.

I agree with this here. Nash will help anyone else offensively, sure, but in the D'antoni system, Amar'e is going to get plenty of points

I expect him to score 24 ppg, grab about 10 rpg, and 2 bpg

nothing incredible but very good. i still think he'll thrive in d'antoni's offense even with the great nash not beside him

I dont think Amare blocks shots anymore but otherwise id expect similar numbers. maybe 8 or 9 rebounds. And 22ppg

Guys you forget Tony Douglas. He's becoming a great PG. He's having a great summer league and gets 6 assists per game. I think he will be great off the bench and will get some fishes to STAT. Amare will have 25 and 8 rebounds a game. He will obviously be the Knicks leader. Can't wait to see him play. I think it would be amazing for the Knicks if they could sign Parker.

Guys you forget Tony Douglas. He's becoming a great PG. He's having a great summer league and gets 6 assists per game. I think he will be great off the bench and will get some fishes to STAT. Amare will have 25 and 8 rebounds a game. He will obviously be the Knicks leader. Can't wait to see him play. I think it would be amazing for the Knicks if they could sign Parker.

Tony Douglas is a nice role player, but I can't picture him being a starter or leader...at least not this upcoming season.

I expect Amare to average about 24PPG on 50-51% shooting (to go with 9RPG and 1.5BPG). In other words, he'll be producing as much scoring as he did in Phoenix, just not quite as efficiently. The notion that he needs Nash to spoon-feed him open dunks and jumpers is ridiculous. Yes, his efficiency will go down a bit without an elite PG, but he is still a very capable scorer regardless. He has a great jumper, is impossible to stop off the drive, is great at drawing contact and getting to the line, and will still be finishing off plays in PnR situations just like Lee did last year.

• Like 1

I do believe his numbers will drop without Nash, more specifically his field goal percentage and such. Considering he is the number one offensive threat for the Knicks, I expect him to average the same amount of points and rebounds, but unfortunately, unless the Knicks can make an offseason move soon or grab a great draft pick, his tenure in NYC will be nothing but eliminations in the quarter and semi-finals

Tony Douglas is a nice role player, but I can't picture him being a starter or leader...at least not this upcoming season.

from what I see right now, this guy is a beast (in summer league) the problem is that he has to be the same on the court in the NBA and not only in the Summer League. That's obviously another level. So.. yeah.. maybe.. not this upcoming season but next year, I see him being a starter if he continues to develop

from what I see right now, this guy is a beast (in summer league) the problem is that he has to be the same on the court in the NBA and not only in the Summer League. That's obviously another level. So.. yeah.. maybe.. not this upcoming season but next year, I see him being a starter if he continues to develop

Yeah, you can never get too pumped up about the summer league, lets be honest haha.

But, I see where you're coming from. I do believe Douglas has great potential for the future. You've gotta love the fact he's already a very good defender, his offensive game just needs to continue to develop.

16ppg 6-7rpg 1.5bpg 3topg

he will fail without Nash.. This guy finds it difficult against average big men to get a good shot up by himself of dribble or post moves (has none)

How obvious is it that he won't be getting over 20ppg this season?

• Like 1

he will fail without Nash.. This guy finds it difficult against average big men to get a good shot up by himself of dribble or post moves (has none)

Agreed.

Exactly what I said. Amare is NOTHING without Nash. I guarantee he won't be an all-star next year.

Amare is great off the dribble, has a near automatic midrange jumper and is amazing at drawing contact. And it's not like he needs Nash to be an effective PnR player...David Lee managed to get a ton of looks off PnR situations last year and Amare is even better at it.

Wayyyy back in 2003-2004, when Amare lost Marbury to NY via trade, he was still averaging 25PPG under D'Antoni. That was before he added a consistent jumpshot and a few new moves. I doubt he'll drop that much in terms of production, if at all. Only in FG % will he take a hit IMO.

Amare is great off the dribble, has a near automatic midrange jumper and is amazing at drawing contact. And it's not like he needs Nash to be an effective PnR player...David Lee managed to get a ton of looks off PnR situations last year and Amare is even better at it.

Wayyyy back in 2003-2004, when Amare lost Marbury to NY via trade, he was still averaging 25PPG under D'Antoni. That was before he added a consistent jumpshot and a few new moves. I doubt he'll drop that much in terms of production, if at all. Only in FG % will he take a hit IMO.

Uhm...yes he does.

Majority of Amares points were off of PnR situations. Raymond Felton isnt going to get the job done in PnR situations especially when the Knicks have no shooters to spread the floor.

Edited by Prodigy

Uhm...yes he does.

Majority of Amares points were off of PnR situations. Raymond Felton isnt going to get the job done in PnR situations especially when the Knicks have no shooters to spread the floor.

Once again, no he doesn't...did you watch any Knicks basketball last season? David Lee made a living off the PnR with Chris Duhon and Toney Dougles manning the point. Of course it is a huge plus to have one of the greatest PGs in NBA history playing the PnR game with you, but it is not a necessity. Amare is so dangerous in the PnR that he'll still get plenty of open jumpers and dunks. Not like he did with Nash, but the oppertunities will be there.

And just because the majority of Amare's points were from a certain play doesn't mean he can't score in other varieties. Amare's got a great face-up game, and that is how he usually scores against some of the elite teams in the post-season (see- 37PPG against Tim Duncan in the 2005 WCF, or his 42pt game agains the Lakers in the 2010 WCF). He's got plenty of skills to score in iso situations, and has shown them time and time again with the Suns.

you do realize that amare is gonna get a ton of garbage points...hell look at how many pts david lee was able to score.

it's going to be a run n gun offense, amare's gonna get his