ESPN Stephen A. Smith on Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol Trade

I think it actually turned out to be a good deal for Memphis now. Marc is probably going to be better than Pau in a year or two, and all these youngsters are developing great chemistry together. The Grizzlies will be a top 6 team in the West in 2012.

Edited by Bean Burrito

I think it actually turned out to be a good deal for Memphis now. Marc is probably going to be better than Pau in a year or two, and all these youngsters are developing great chemistry together. The Grizzlies will be a top 6 team in the West in 2012.

Dude Pau is the best all-around big man in the NBA right now. I'm sure Marc Gasol could reach the all-star game in a year or two but not all-nba caliber. At least that's what I see so far. And is top 6 in a growing western conference that great?

I seriously expected your rep to be a Lakers logo, this was a terrible deal and Marc will never be close to Pau's level, never ever ever. The Lakers gave nothing of value to themselves, for Pau.... it would be like if Chris Paul got traded for Daniel Orton and 2 firsts.