Fox Sports: Raptors 2nd Most Hopeless Team

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/Five-worst-teams-in-the-NBA#sport=NBA&photo=11508163

Toronto fans had resigned themselves to the departure of Chris Bosh. They weren't unhappy to see Hedo Turkoglu's contract shipped off to Phoenix. But what remains? Maybe the least athletic team in the league, led by former No. 1 pick Andrea Bargnani (pictured), who has improved but still isn't adept at creating his own shot. Indeed, the Raptors have shooters galore but won't be able to rebound, run or defend. That's not a recipe for success in the NBA.

I don't deny that the Raptors are going to absolutely suck this upcoming season (and I absolutely love it) but I question whether or not whoever wrote this even knows anything about the Raptors.

First off, you can probably count the number of Raptor fans who weren't happy to see Turkoglu traded to Phoenix on one hand. It was clear that he wanted out and it was even more clear that the majority of Raptor fans wanted him gone even more than he wanted out.

Secondly, how is this the least athletic team in the NBA? Since the VC days the Raptors may have been the least athletic team in the NBA, but I don't see how that is the case anymore. DeRozan, Weems, Davis and Johnson are all very atheltic. Barbosa is one of the quickest players in the league and Bargnani is a solid athlete for a 7 foot, 250 pound player. The only players who may get minutes this upcoming season who I would consider to be unathletic (by NBA standards) is probably Jose Calderon and maybe Marco Belinelli as well.

Lastly, why won't the Raptors be able to run? More than half of their rotation this upcoming season are all better suited to an uptempo game. Guys like DeRozan, Weems, Johnson, Barbosa, Belinelli and Davis are clearly more suited to playing in a fast paced system. Hell, you can argue that Jack, Kleiza and maybe even Bargnani (as a trailer 3 point shooter) are more effective in a fast paced system. The only player on the team who is clearly more suited to a half court game is Calderon and he might now even be on the team next year.

Again, I'm not delusional enough to think that this team is going anywhere other than the lottery, but I love how completely inaccurate this article is.

It's true. We're not going to go far this year without Bosh. Hopefully, Bargnani will wake up and become our leader. But I still have hope because Ed Davis looks like a solid player and most importantly a solid defender. Raptors have been struggling for a lot of years in the defensive part. Hopefully, Ed Davis will help us on the defensive end. (I dreamed about him blocking the [expletive] out of Dwight Howard not a long ago haha). We don't have a horrible front court. Barnani averaged 2 blocks (I think) per game last season. I hope he will keep it up so our front court will be good defensively. (offense will be way easier if we play good Defense).

Our back court isn't bad either. We have Calderon which is a good PG. Even though he had injuries this year, and didn't have a strong come back, I'm sure he's going to have a good season with Jack as the back-up PG.

DeRozan, has been good in his rookie season and amazing in the summer league and I really hope he's going to play good defense and good offense. He has a good game and developed a nice jump shot.

Weems is the same as DeRozan. Both of them are energetic, good dunkers, fast players and really exciting to watch them play.

Anyways, I don't see my team as the worst team because we have some good talent in here. We also have Amir Johnson off the bench which is amazing. We will have a better defensive team then last year because of Ed Davis and also DeRozan who developed his defense pretty well..

Can't wait to see my new team play.

I would rather be in our situation than the Pistons and Pacers easily lol..... the Wolves future isn't bleak at all, they have a bevy of talent despite dealing Al Jefferson for trash, and the Nets still have a few talented players, and a sick frontcourt in Brook/Favors in the making.

This is a pretty bad article, the Raptors might be in one of the worst situations in the NBA right now, but a top 3 pick in the coming draft would make us one of the brightest young teams in the league, it is that simple... this team has everything besides a franchise player right now, Demar and Barganani are good secondary scorers, Davis is a good defensive big in the making it seems, and we have all the other role players in place.... we just need a top pick in the coming draft, unfortunately Colangelo seems disinterested in obtaining a high pick and would rather win 35 games.

Our future is pretty suspect right now, just not for the reasons this idiot thinks. Shooters galore? Not athletic? I think maybe he is still looking at the 2008 roster just taking Bosh off.

• Like 1

Raps will be hopeless this season but with Caproom coming and some high draft picks there should be a change coming soon. With our added Youth; Demar, Weems,Johnson, and Davis.

Good thing we suck now, while team USA and Lakers kill the league.