What to Expect from Brandon Jennings

Flight

What do you guys think he's going to do this year? Is he gonna be the same player with improved scoring, passing, defense, or a combination of those?

I personally think he's going to see a huge increase in scoring, maybe average close to 22-25 points per game, and I think his passing and steals numbers will come up. Overall I expect a bigger workload pushed on him, and an improvement as well. I think he could be a couple seasons away from being one of the top scoring guards in the league, and if he improves as a floor general then I think he's on his way to being a top 10 player for years to come.

Hopefully his assists go up, his points stay around the same, and his efficiency goes up considerably.

16 and 8 with 2 steals on 45% | 38% | 85% seems reasonable and would help the Bucks a lot, they have the scorers but Jennings needs to manage the team. If he can average 20 and 10 on good percentages then go for it, but if he is going to put up Gilbert Arenas stats, it is useless.

Hopefully his assists go up, his points stay around the same, and his efficiency goes up considerably.

16 and 8 with 2 steals on 45% | 38% | 85% seems reasonable and would help the Bucks a lot, they have the scorers but Jennings needs to manage the team. If he can average 20 and 10 on good percentages then go for it, but if he is going to put up Gilbert Arenas stats, it is useless.

I kind of agree with this, but I think he's going to be a better scorer this year since he'll be more used to the NBA. He put up too many shots last year for the 16 points per he had, but like you said I think if he wanted to he could put up almost 25 points and be a [expletive]ty point guard.

He's going to be taking a lot less shots this coming season. He's also been working on his jumper. So I think his FG% will increase while his ppg will stay about the same. However, his assists should increase as he now has experience as well as some new additions in Maggette, CDR, Gooden, etc.

I expect Jennings to keep shooting but take more quality shots. As we know, this guy LOVES to shoot but misses a lot of them. So I expect him to still shoot a lot but take better shots then he did last season and pass a little bit more

He averages 18 ppg 3 ast 3 rebs 2.5 TO last years as a rookie, I expect the TO to remain the same but the assists to go up. They have added some decent pieces around him like Magz so the scoring work load will decrease but he will still manage 18ppg just off better shots. Perdictions 18ppg 6 ast 4 rebs.

He's also been working on his jumper. So I think his FG% will increase while his ppg will stay about the same.

His jumper is honestly the last thing that needs work...last season he shot better from 3 than he did the field, and according to 82games.com he shot 2% EFG better on jumpers than on close shots. That's horrible. He needs to hit the weight room because 37% shooting overall just isn't gonna cut it.

Anyway, I expect his stats to go down next season, except maybe FG % and assists. After the Salmons trade last season his scoring went down to roughly 13PPG, assists went down to about 5APG, and his FG % stayed the same. I'd like to think his efficiency and assists will go up this year with all the extra help, but I really don't know. Until he can effectively collapse defenses and be a threat around the rim, it's going to be hard for him to be a really good playmaking PG.