Hedo: "That Organization Has Problems"

New Phoenix Suns forward Hedo Turkoglu took aim at his former team, the Toronto Raptors, and their general manager, Bryan Colangelo, this weekend.

“People have to realize something is wrong with that organization and nobody wants to go there any more,” he said in a phone interview from Turkey, where he is captaining the Turkish national team at the World Championships. “It’s not just the players who see this.”

“I don’t have to talk any more about it for me because it’s past now,” he said. “I don’t care any more what people say about me because I’ve got other things to worry about.”

“I just don’t understand why you would say these things,” he said. “Like I said, that organization has problems.”

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/08/01/10/Turkoglu-takes-a-shot-at-Raptors-Colange/landing.html?blockID=281529&feedID=3702

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

He's a hypocrite.

“It’s funny that people will talk behind your back,” Turkoglu said of Colangelo. “If he was feeling this way, why not have the guts to say it during the season? Why not say it to Chris? Now that Chris has left, it’s not nice to say those things.

Coming from the guy who cried to the Turkish media about the Raptors, tried to make ammends when it seemed like he wouldn't be going anywhere and is now blasting the organization once he has been traded to a different team.

As for the team having problems, sure, of course they do. There are maybe a handful of teams in professional sports that you can legitimately say doesn't have any problems. It is just funny that this is coming from Turkoglu who was the biggest problem last season.

Why are you all saying the organization doesn't have problems when apparently all these players are saying so after they leave? What makes your opinions more legitimate than the people who actually were apart of the organization? He's not just going to talk [expletive] about Toronto for no reason. Like he said, he is no longer associated with the team therefore he doesn't need to go into dramatic detail, yet you guys are calling him a drama queen. I'm no Hedo fanboy, but you are all acting as if he is a liar.

• Like 1

Why are you all saying the organization doesn't have problems when apparently all these players are saying so after they leave? What makes your opinions more legitimate than the people who actually were apart of the organization? He's not just going to talk [expletive] about Toronto for no reason. Like he said, he is no longer associated with the team therefore he doesn't need to go into dramatic detail, yet you guys are calling him a drama queen. I'm no Hedo fanboy, but you are all acting as if he is a liar.

Yep. The players are the affect of the issue, not the source. It's really too bad the whole country of Canada has only one team to root for, yet that one organization sucks so much.

Yeah because it's not like I said that the Raptors have problems in this thread or anything like that.

Oh wait.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Yep. The players are the affect of the issue, not the source. It's really too bad the whole country of Canada has only one team to root for, yet that one organization sucks so much.

What exactly is 'the issue'? Lol, not every franchise is situated in a hot climate where they can clear 60 million dollars to entice players to go there.

While the Raptors organization has it's problems obviously, I could probably find 10 more poorly run NBA franchises.

What exactly is 'the issue'? Lol, not every franchise is situated in a hot climate where they can clear 60 million dollars to entice players to go there.

While the Raptors organization has it's problems obviously, I could probably find 10 more poorly run NBA franchises.

Well, you obviously know what the issue is based on your last sentence. The organization needs to be run better. Seeing how most comments I hear from players about the Raptors, none are very positive. Getting player X and player Y, from draft or trade or free agency, isn't going to solve all of their issues. Things need to change from within.

It's probably frustrating to hear this as a fan, but all I'm saying is the fingers shouldn't always be pointed towards the players (specifically Hedo). He isn't the one causing the problems, though it's easy to assume so. All you see when you watch games are how well players perform, but what you don't see is what is going on behind the scenes. Like the trainers and the coaching staff that do everything they can to make sure their players are at their best, and are in the best position to perform. But unfortunately, the only thing we hear about are trade rumors and such, and sometimes certain events that are overblown by the media, like when Hedo was caught partying one time during the year, when in reality it may have been just a misunderstanding, yet it still damages his reputation.

When a team commits to a player the way the Raptors did, especially with such a long contract, it's up to the organization to utilize the player to his fullest potential. Instead, the Raptors stuck him into the starting lineup with no defined role and nothing of value to give. They already had a point guard that can make plays in Calderon, and they already had shooters. They put Hedo in an awful situation, and appeared to put little to no effort to make better usage of his abilities, yet they still expected him to produce the same way.

A great coaching staff may have found a way to make both Hedo and the rest of the team just as affective, but unfortunately, the Raptors don't have that. Again, Hedo is not the source of the issue. He is the same player as he's always been. His poor play is the affect of a poorly run organization. You'll see what I mean when he picks up his play in Phoenix.

And also, being able to name 10 worse teams isn't good enough. 16 teams make it to the playoffs, 14 are out. You should be able to name at least 14 worse organizations if you expect the Raptors to consistently make the playoffs. Name 25 or more worse organizations if you expect them to ever win a championship.

so many things are wrong with that post I don't even know what to tackle first, I will just go paragraph by paragraph.

Well, you obviously know what the issue is based on your last sentence. The organization needs to be run better. Seeing how most comments I hear from players about the Raptors, none are very positive. Getting player X and player Y, from draft or trade or free agency, isn't going to solve all of their issues. Things need to change from within.

I was asking what the specific issue is, run better how?... and which players are you referring to that have talked badly about Toronto, besides Hedo? Everything you think you are hearing are assumptions lol, I don't think there are many players that have left Toronto and didn't enjoy their time here, even VC admitted how much he loved Toronto, things just got sour towards the end. Again, what specifically needs to change?

It's probably frustrating to hear this as a fan, but all I'm saying is the fingers shouldn't always be pointed towards the players (specifically Hedo). He isn't the one causing the problems, though it's easy to assume so. All you see when you watch games are how well players perform, but what you don't see is what is going on behind the scenes. Like the trainers and the coaching staff that do everything they can to make sure their players are at their best, and are in the best position to perform. But unfortunately, the only thing we hear about are trade rumors and such, and sometimes certain events that are overblown by the media, like when Hedo was caught partying one time during the year, when in reality it may have been just a misunderstanding, yet it still damages his reputation.

The only thing frustrating is seeing you acting like Toronto is the most poorly run organization in the NBA. Hedo isn't the one causing problems? lolwut? So because I don't know what goes on behind the scenes means what? Neither of us know, so I don't know how you can use that to validate your claim that the Raptors are a poorly run organization.

When a team commits to a player the way the Raptors did, especially with such a long contract, it's up to the organization to utilize the player to his fullest potential. Instead, the Raptors stuck him into the starting lineup with no defined role and nothing of value to give. They already had a point guard that can make plays in Calderon, and they already had shooters. They put Hedo in an awful situation, and appeared to put little to no effort to make better usage of his abilities, yet they still expected him to produce the same way.

Okay, I agree with you Hedo was not utilized properly, that was pretty clear. But while we made no effort in your view, Hedo definitely made no effort himself, you could tell based on his body language and his overall lack of intensity on the floor he was disinterested all year and was making no effort to embrace a role the coaches (his boss) wanted him to.

I sitll can't believe you are defending Hedo, the only reason I posted this was because of the irony that Hedo called the Raptors cowards for talking behind Bosh's back or whatever, but he only said anything bad about Toronto when he was being being interview by the Turkish media :lol:

A great coaching staff may have found a way to make both Hedo and the rest of the team just as affective, but unfortunately, the Raptors don't have that. Again, Hedo is not the source of the issue. He is the same player as he's always been. His poor play is the affect of a poorly run organization. You'll see what I mean when he picks up his play in Phoenix.

What does our coaching staff have to do with how well the franchise is run? Are the Heat poorly run because their coaches were unable to help their number 2 overall pick become a good NBA player?

And also, being able to name 10 worse teams isn't good enough. 16 teams make it to the playoffs, 14 are out. You should be able to name at least 14 worse organizations if you expect the Raptors to consistently make the playoffs. Name 25 or more worse organizations if you expect them to ever win a championship.

lol wtf, I never even said that the Raptors were a top run organization, I was just trying to get you to explain why the Raptors are such a pathetically run franchise in your opinion.

So basically the Raptors are poorly run because our coaches were unable to utilize Hedo? Got ya.

Edited by travesy3

Other than Hedo and Bosh, what players have spit on the franchise after their departure? Just curious...because I really have no idea.

Vince talked about how he didn't try. I think Damon Stoudemire or Tracy McGrady said some things also, but I'm not sure.

Travesy, you are misinterpreting my post. I'm not going to bother arguing anything regarding Hedo because I'll only be repeating myself... as I usually end up doing.

So basically the Raptors are poorly run because our coaches were unable to utilize Hedo? Got ya.

Well, that's part of it. The main reason I believe so is because they've only been to the playoffs 5 times in the past 15 years, and only made it past the first round once.

So perhaps they aren't the very worst run organization in the NBA. But according to their rate of success the past 15 years, they are clearly in the bottom five along with the Warriors, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Knicks... though the Knicks seem to be turning things around lately.

For the entire country of Canada to only have one team to support in the best basketball league in the world, it's too bad how poor it is.