Top players from the 2006 NBA draft class

Dash

Its officially been 3 seasons since the draft. Rank the top players.

1. Brandon Roy

2. LaMarcus Aldridge

3. Rudy Gay

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Andrea Bargnani

Edited by Dash

1. Brandon Roy

2. Rajon Rondo

3. LaMarcus Aldridge

4. Paul Millsap

5. Rudy Gay

Pretty weak draft looking back at it. And Rondo is better than everyone in this draft not named Brandon Roy. He makes more of an impact on the game than Aldridge, Gay, or whoever you want to make a case for.

Edited by Diesel

Rondo got lucky with being on the Celtics to play with KG, Allen, and Pierce. If you were to put Jarret Jack in place of Rondo, I'd imagine he could do something similar to what Rondo did. Rondo was a nobody at the time the big three came to be. I mean, I like Rondo, don't get me wrong but LaMarcus is a much better player of the two (of the three if you add in Gay). He'll also have the better career of the three as well.

Maybe I'm just a really biased Blazer fan, but I honestly would take LaMarcus any day of the year over Rondo or Gay.

Rondo got lucky with being on the Celtics to play with KG, Allen, and Pierce. If you were to put Jarret Jack in place of Rondo, I'd imagine he could do something similar to what Rondo did. Rondo was a nobody at the time the big three came to be. I mean, I like Rondo, don't get me wrong but LaMarcus is a much better player of the two (of the three if you add in Gay). He'll also have the better career of the three as well.

Maybe I'm just a really biased Blazer fan, but I honestly would take LaMarcus any day of the year over Rondo or Gay.

lol lol lol lol ... yea.... maybe ...

Right, like any 2nd year guard can come in and start for a squad that was completely revamped over the course of one summer and help lead them to a Championship. It's easier said than done, and Rondo has done it. That excuse is pretty lame now.

Back on topic.

1.)Roy

2.)Rondo

3.)Gay

4.)Aldridge

5.)Milsap

Right, like any 2nd year guard can come in and start for a squad that was completely revamped over the course of one summer and help lead them to a Championship. It's easier said than done, and Rondo has done it. That excuse is pretty lame now.

You fail to mention that this revamp was the gaining of two extra (for a total of three) franchise-all star-HOF-players. One being one of the most dominate big men in the past 15 years and the other being one of the greatest pure shooters in the past 20. Yea... You really could have added any second year guard to that roster and have been just as successful. All those young guys on the Celtics roster did better because the leadership and drive on the team was fantastic.

To be fair all rondo had to do was not screw up and he would have been deemed a success the year they won the championship. After that though he has done everything the celts asked, like improving his jumpshot and cutting down turnovers. I would still take Aldridge, and believed the raps would have as well till they took bargs (as a raps fan, i was really pissed, just throwing that out there). I still believe the Blazers got the 2 best players in that draft.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i agree, any pg on the celtics could have averaged a triple double in the bulls celtics series.

Alot of you have Gay way to high. Sure his stats look good, but he doesn't play a lick of defense and he plays when he wants. It is said he is working his [expletive] off this offseason, but as of right now my list would be like Diesel's.