Raptors To Play A Preseason Game In Montreal

Hey, Montreal, guess what?

The Raptors are coming.

For a pre-season game.

Don’t have the exact date, believe I heard Oct. 7, and there is nothing on tickets right now but they’ll definitely be in town.

Which is more than I can say for the last time they tried to get there.

It was way back in the day, maybe the second pre-season, and they tried to get a game down there. Couldn’t sell a ticket to save their souls and abandoned the idea before it got embarrassing.

I have no idea where basketball fits in the sporting landscape in the city – I know about the Habs being even more Leaf-like than the Leafs are here – so it’ll be interesting to see what kind of exhibition game crowd they’ll get in the Forum, or the Bell Centre or the Molson Centre or whatever it is they call that shrine these days.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2010/08/a-bunch-of-little-things-including-some-news-for-montreal.html

So the Raptors will be holding their Training Camp in Vancouver, playing a preseason game against the Suns in Vancouver and now will be playing another preseason game in Montreal? Interesting to see them branching out of Ontario and moving into other areas of Canada.

I'm curious to see what the game in Montreal is going to be like attendance wise. Like Doug Smith said, they tried having a preseason game there back in when the franchise was just getting started and the thing absolutely tanked. Obviously I expect it to do a lot better than that, but I'm curious to see how popular this will be in Montreal as I know very little about them as a potential basketball market.