Happy Ramadan

Dash

I've got a friend who is Muslim and during the time of ramadan back in high school, I tried it a day and it sucked. I couldn't do it anymore.

Good luck to those who participate/celebrate it.

The first few days are absolutely horrible for me, but after that, I get used to it.

No, isn't it something like, you can't eat after 5pm? I could google it right now but I'd rather get the answer from you guys. Anyway good luck, probably makes you appreciate food more.

No, Ramadan is to get rid of your bad sins. When you fast you get rid of sins, and so you can see how it is for homeless people.

Edited by AI#1fan

and so you can see how it is for homeless people.

..no it's not.

[2:185] Ramadan is the month during which the Quran was revealed, providing guidance for the people, clear teachings, and the statute book. Those of you who witness this month shall fast therein. Those who are ill or travelling may substitute the same number of other days. GOD wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfil your obligations, and to glorify GOD for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.

From the Quran.

It has nothing to do with seeing how homeless people live. Your ignorance annoys me.

• Like 4

• Owner

How can you guys do this for a month? From sunrise to sunset...that's pretty impressive, honestly. No eating or drinking.

Being a diabetic, I definitely couldn't do it and I'm guessing I'd be exempt from it (disease)...but even if I weren't a diabetic, I just can't see how I could make it even a week. I rarely go six hours without stuffing my face.

How can you guys do this for a month? From sunrise to sunset...that's pretty impressive, honestly. No eating or drinking.

Being a diabetic, I definitely couldn't do it and I'm guessing I'd be exempt from it (disease)...but even if I weren't a diabetic, I just can't see how I could make it even a week. I rarely go six hours without stuffing my face.

I think youre aloud not to do it when yoour diabetic. In the jewish religion we have this for a day and pregnant women and also sick people with diabete or anything are aloud not to fast

It's really not as hard as it's made out to be. I love to eat, but even I manage to do all 30 days.

But you're right, you would be exempt from this anyway since you're a diabetic.

If your diabetic/pregnant/sick/elderly/too young (11 and under?), or have any disease then you are exempt from it. However if you do not fast due to those circumstances, you need to give money to the charity (if you have it).

The one thing that's hard about it for me, is waking up @ 5 to eat. I can't do that.

If your diabetic/pregnant/sick/elderly/too young (11 and under?), or have any disease then you are exempt from it. However if you do not fast due to those circumstances, you need to give money to the charity (if you have it).

The one thing that's hard about it for me, is waking up @ 5 to eat. I can't do that.

Same here. I hate waking up. Also, kids younger can fast. I've done it. Little 7 and 8 year olds can do it too.But till like 12pm.