Bogut could miss first month of season

http://www.docsports.com/images/lib/large/andrew-bogut.jpg

Bogut could miss first month of season

-----------------

The gruesome right elbow injury suffered by Andrew Bogut last year could keep him out for the first month of the new NBA season due to fluid buildup.

"I'm optimistic that I should be ready for the season but you never know with these things because of the nerve damage and so on, it's on its own course," he said. "I'm one of those guys who will play through injury but if I'm not 100% for the season to start, there is no sense going into an NBA season at 85% 'cause we're playing up to May." Bump him down a bit on your cheat sheets and keep an eye on him as the Bucks enter training camp. At this point, our guess is Drew Gooden would take over the starting center duties until Bogut is healthy.

---

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/23989050

Not good, although if it's just fluid buildup that can be drained at least 1-2x per month. If it's more about the structural damage, then that's some horrible new for the Bucks. I'm sure they'll remain competitive without him, but I'd be more concerned about the time it takes for Bogut to shake off rust and mesh with an already revamped roster. Going to be interesting.

[expletive] that sucks for the Bucks if Bogut can't play in season opener. Hopefully he will. Good luck to him on his recovery. It's the end soon so it's all good. Can't wait to see him play again. Got to love this player and I will always remember how he posterized Glen Davis and went crazy.

Hope to see him in the season opener with the Bucks jersey and not with a suit.