Miami at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Arroyo and Anthony even serve a purpose? They really have no role on offense, and their defense sucks 70% of the time, and Anthony's blocks is the only thing that keeps it from 100% useless.

Do Arroyo and Anthony even serve a purpose? They really have no role on offense, and their defense sucks 70% of the time, and Anthony's blocks is the only thing that keeps it from 100% useless.

Championship starting line ups usually consist of a defender/dirty work player and a glue guy.

Artest/Ariza and Fisher filled those roles for LA, Perkins and Rondo filled it for Boston, Bowen and Finley for San Antonio, Ben Wallace and Prince for Detroit, etc etc.

Anthony and Arroyo fit that mold.

I would say that there are other players that could play those roles on the team though, which are Haslem and Miller, but I suppose starting them would put certain players in the Big Three out of position.

Edited by Poe

Philadelphia has taken 12 more shots, we have 11 turnovers compared to their 7, they have 8 offensive rebounds and we have 4, and yet we are up by 16. Our defense has held them to a solid 35%, which is probably why we are up by so much. That and Wade is playing great. Hopefully we can finish this game on a strong note and not let them back into this.

Haven't seen any of this, just getting home from the airport (ironically, drove past the arena on my way home...seeing the WFC parking lot filled for a Sixers game is a rare sight). I guess it's cool that they were able to hang in as long as they did...

Miami will play like the 2009 Cavs when they play teams like Boston.

Then they'll revert back to the 2009 Heat when they play someone like the Sixers.

I figured them out after two games.

They've only played 2 games together. How bout we reserve judgement until mid December when they're already used to playing with one another.