Chicago at Oklahoma City

The Thunder are no doubt a top team in the west. Who ever says these guys cant contend with the best are UNDERRATING them. These guys live up to them hype believe me, It's there coach scott brooks who has to make it all work. Great execution by this team down the stretch.

thats a bit unfair to say. rose carried this team all 3 quarters and his team has failed to convert in the last quarter

Derrick Rose is my favorite player, and it's tough for me to be critical of him, but when it came to crunch time all I saw him do is turn it over.

• Owner

I wouldn't really say he's not a superstar just yet, nor would I consider him one. All-star player, for sure. Rose is going to need to play both ways, as a scorer and a facilitator, so this season, he'll need to find a balance. Expect it to be rough for a bit, especially without Boozer.

I've said it, and will again, the Bulls are no contenders with Rose as their top scorer.

He's a facilitator first and foremost who can score. He can score, but doesn't mean he's a natural scorer.

Down the stretch I see Bulls' top option is Kyle Korver running off screens? Because he can shoot... and when Kyle couldn't take a shot off, resulted in a 22 footer by Gibson.

This is no way to compete...

I know they're missing Boozer, who is a great scorer, but I doubt he'll solve Chicago's offense. They need shooting, they need more than one Kyle Korver. They need a scoring wing who can shoot.

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

I've said it, and will again, the Bulls are no contenders with Rose as their top scorer.

He's a facilitator first and foremost who can score. He can score, but doesn't mean he's a natural scorer.

Down the stretch I see Bulls' top option is Kyle Korver running off screens? Because he can shoot... and when Kyle couldn't take a shot off, resulted in a 22 footer by Gibson.

I know they're missing Boozer, who is a great scorer, but I doubt he'll solve Chicago's offense. They need shooting, they need more than one Kyle Korver. They need a scoring wing who can shoot.

IMO Rose is a scorer then a facilitator.

We really should have taken T-Mac or re-signed Flip Murray when the Magic matched JJ Redick's offer sheet. Yes they are not the best options, but they can still put the ball in the basket better than Ronnie Brewer. Now, we are going to be using CJ and Bogans to try and shoot as a 2, which isn't very good.

Hopefully we can make a trade or something for a wing scorer.

He can carry the Bulls in the first three quarters... but to do it for 4 quarters, 82 games + playoffs, taking 31 shots like tonight? It's too much for a PG, even a scoring one.

If he has to keep being the top option, taking 25+ shots a night, the wear and tear are going to show by the time playoffs roll.

Rose is no 25+ ppg scorer... but in this system he might not have a choice but to be. He's better off being a 22ppg scorer + supporting cast who can score consistently, creating balanced offense. Korver can shoot, Gibson can knock down 15-20 footers, Noah is a monster on offensive boards and putbacks, Deng can score here and there... but even a collection of them is no consistent option.

And in tight games like this, they're left gasping for offense even after a defensive stop.

On the other end, good game by Thunder :glasses:

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

Good point there. Rose can't be the one carrying the offense. We've seen Chris Paul does the same in NO and the result is not terrific.

On a sidenote, Asik and Kurt Thomas, our two bigs off the bench, only played for like 5 minutes combined while Scal played for 10 minutes... :mellow: I know Cole didn't play for OKC and Krstic played for like 17 minutes but I would have liked to see more of Asik out there rather than Scal.

^I remember reading somewhere that Noah and Thib were excited about Asik... they think he's going to be a very good player.

A way to observe the offense of supporting cast around Rose is to ask yourself a question, "assuming Rose is having an off game, can we count on Korver, Gibson, Noah, Deng, Boozer to score possession by possession in a tight playoffs game?" If the answer is no, or you don't feel good about answering, it's time to look to improve it. My answer to that question is a resounding "no" without Boozer and still a "no" with Boozer.

And delegating Rose to score 25 ppg might be the worst disservice the Bulls can do to their franchise player. It will make Rose no different than Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis.

What makes Rose special and a legitimate All Star is he always looks to make the right plays, whether it's scoring or assisting to a teammate.

Those guys (Marbury and Francis) always looked to score. If the Bulls turns Rose into this scoring PG, it's gonna do a major step back to Rose's game.

And delegating Rose to score 25 ppg might be the worst disservice the Bulls can do to their franchise player. It will make Rose no different than Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis.

What makes Rose special and a legitimate All Star is he always looks to make the right plays, whether it's scoring or assisting to a teammate.

Those guys (Marbury and Francis) always looked to score. If the Bulls turns Rose into this scoring PG, it's gonna do a major step back to Rose's game.

No doubt, the answer to your question is a definite "no" without Boozer, and a "no" with Boozer. I am hoping Deng would be that type of player, but it doesn't look that way now. We definitely have the pieces to make a trade for that player though, so I am hoping Forman can make it work.

I think the Bulls are going to be a very good team once they are fully healthy. I know Kyle Korver has been hurt (bothered by an ankle injury) and then Boozer will probably be out for the next month.

Deng needs to step up as well. 13 PTS in 36 MINS isn't great at all, and Deng was 5-13 (2-6 FT). He needs to shoot better as well.

Derrick Rose and Durant were amazing, that's pretty much all I have to say about this game. The OKC fans were loud as ever, but D-Rose making some crazy up and under moves for the Bulls. Not too mention he's on my fantasy team so I was very happy with the way he performed. I really enjoyed seeing the youth of these two teams going against each other, and I'd watch out for this possibly being a Finals matchup at some point in the future. They both have great cores, and assuming they keep adding to them, they are both going to be great teams. Good game, and exciting to watch.