Portland at New York

Real Deal

lmao, the Knicks obviously let this one slip away, but the officiating was horrendous down the stretch. Aldridge pushes off on Turiaf, Ronny gets called for a foul and Portland gets two shots. Amar'e is fouled by Camby with 10 seconds left, they review the out of bounds call and overturn it off of Amar'e. Unreal how much those two calls affected the final stretch of this game.

[expletive]ING POINTLESS FOUL AT THE END COST ME MY [expletive]ING BET TOO

(506) New York Knicks +4½ Sat@7:35p

Competitor:(505) Portland Trail Blazers

Basketball - NBA Lines (Game) Point Sprea

I [expletive]ING HATE YOU TONEY DOUGLAS

Edited by STATCity

Chandler didn't shoot the ball great, but 22 points, 16 rebounds, 2 steals, and 3 blocks is a solid night's work outta him.

Amar'e needs to stop trying to [expletive]ing drive through people from the top of the key, and needs to realize he can't beat a double team. 6 TOs a game is not going to cut it, big guy. Not digging this cat at all so far.

Danilo logs 15 minutes, shoots 2-9. GTFO, see you when you're healthy.

Solid efforts by Felton, Fields, Douglas, and Bill Walker too. Just won't work when your supposed top two scoring options play like garbage.

Portland should not have won this game, they were down 9 with like 4 minutes left, so comments like "Knicks need Melo" or "All about Northwest" can cease.

To be fair, if they had Melo they probably wouldn't have coughed up that 9pt lead, and Amare's GW attempt that went off his leg would have been in Melo's hands instead...

Just saying...;)

wow what a loss. I thought the knicks would prevail.

2 things:

1. The refs were HORRIBLE. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

2. The energy in MSG was ridiculous. I've never heard louder lets go knicks or defense chants. It felt like we are a solid team again :)

The ending was unfortunate, especially the over turned out of bounds call. These Knicks look better and once they settle down and come in to their own they should be great!

To be fair, if they had Melo they probably wouldn't have coughed up that 9pt lead, and Amare's GW attempt that went off his leg would have been in Melo's hands instead...

Just saying...;)

We def would not have blown it, but 1 game does not prove we NEED him.

more Melo ='s less of Fields and Chandler... is that a good thing?

EDIT: less of Fields and Chandler (especially) in this game would have ='d a loss as well as far as i could tell by looking at the box score...

Edited by N.1.A.K.

Portland should not have won this game, they were down 9 with like 4 minutes left, so comments like "Knicks need Melo" or "All about Northwest" can cease.

that's exactly WHY we need melo. someone who can create his OWN shot and put the ball in the basket in crunch time. we score 3 points in the last 5 1/2 minutes!!! lol!!!

Edited by JYD

that's exactly WHY we need melo. someone who can create his OWN shot and put the ball in the basket in crunch time. we score 3 points in the last 5 1/2 minutes!!! lol!!!

We're 3 games into the season calm down...Stoudemire can create his own shot

lmao, the Knicks obviously let this one slip away, but the officiating was horrendous down the stretch. Aldridge pushes off on Turiaf, Ronny gets called for a foul and Portland gets two shots. Amar'e is fouled by Camby with 10 seconds left, they review the out of bounds call and overturn it off of Amar'e. Unreal how much those two calls affected the final stretch of this game.

I just watched a re-run of this game and Turiaf was holding LaMarcus' arm down while he was trying to tip it, I didn't see Aldridge push off on him at all, all I saw was the correct call, Ronny holding his arm down while LA is working for the rebound/tip. I think you were just a bit bias there.

As for the overturn, that was also correct. Camby slapped the ball off of Amare's thigh and it went off of him, clearly. He didn't foul him either. I don't know how you can say it was bad officiating down the stretch, maybe because your team lost but from what I saw, the two calls you complained about were called correctly.

Camby didn't commit a blocking foul on Amar'e on that final drive? And you call me bias (it's biased, ftr)?

I'm not arguing that the ball went off Amar'e, I'm arguing there was a foul that was let go leading up to the strip, and that's a situation where they'd look the other way and give the ball on the non-call... But now there's replay.

Turiaf must have the ability to change direction mid-air, I dunno, didn't watch a replay :lol:

We're 3 games into the season calm down...Stoudemire can create his own shot

Sort of. You can see Amar'e is certainly struggling not playing alongside Steve Nash...I think it'll change...hopefully.

But lets be real here: if you think this team is anything better then a 35-40 win team, you're an idiot...

This team needs Melo to be considered a serious contender. Or at least make a playoff run.

Sort of. You can see Amar'e is certainly struggling not playing alongside Steve Nash...I think it'll change...hopefully.

But lets be real here: if you think this team is anything better then a 35-40 win team, you're an idiot...

This team needs Melo to be considered a serious contender. Or at least make a playoff run.

I think Melo makes us a title contender, w/o Melo we are just a play off contender. Keep in mind in these last 2 games we went up against 2 playoff teams w/o getting nething from gallo or randolph. I think this a 38-45 win team w/o melo 47-52 win team with him.

I think Melo makes us a title contender, w/o Melo we are just a play off contender. Keep in mind in these last 2 games we went up against 2 playoff teams w/o getting nething from gallo or randolph. I think this a 38-45 win team w/o melo 47-52 win team with him.

45 is generous. The team is definitely improved over last year but I don't see anymore than 40 wins...45 I'd be SHOCKED with this roster.

But yeah I pretty much agree with 47-52 with Melo. Still unsure about title contender; the roster is so inexperienced and youthful that I can't picture them going to the Finals or winning it. I do think it gives us a chance to win a round though.

Edited by JYD