Oklahoma City at Portland

• 2 months later...

Aldridge on Green is a huge mismatch right now. I really like Green's versatility, but when teams with a talented 4 isolate him in the post he is at a huge disadvantage as he is giving up size and length and he isn't athletic like a Josh Smith so he can;t use that to make up for it either. Aldridge has really been going at him to start the game.

I still think that in order for the Thunder to really become threats in the West they need to get a legit big man and either use Green as a 6th man, or use him to get that big. I don't see this lineup working unless Aldrich turns into a defensive monster down low or something.

harden cant make a layup to save his life

check out this nasty stat line

MPG 22.3

FG% 0.174

3P% 0.100

FT% 0.700

PPG 4.0

yes those are his real percentages

Ouch.

I actually thought he was going to have a breakout year of sorts. Nothing spectacular, but something like 14-16 points on 44/38/80 type of shooting percentages. Obviously he can turn it around still as it is early and the Thunder in general haven't been playing great.

Those are just awful, though.

Also, you gotta love it when a 36 year old center is diving on the floor for a loose ball. It makes it even better when that 36 year old has a history of injuries. I've actually really liked what I've seen from Camby so far this season (about a game and a half worth of ball).

Also, you gotta love it when a 36 year old center is diving on the floor for a loose ball. It makes it even better when that 36 year old has a history of injuries. I've actually really liked what I've seen from Camby so far this season (about a game and a half worth of ball).

Lol yea. I thought that was pretty funny. Camby doin alot of dirty work for his age.

Honestly I am not too surprised at the Thunder's slow start to the season as all offseason I was saying how they were being overrated. Last season they maxed out what they had, but they still lack the talent and depth after Durant/Westbrook to get far. I did not expect, however, for their defense to be so horrible after such a strong season on that side of the ball last year. They are giving up 107PPG on 49% shooting this year, and the first half against the Blazers has been much of the same.

The Thunder need to get back to the strong defense they had last year if they want to have any shot at getting homecourt and winning a playoff series this season.

Miller absolutely schooled Westbrook in the post. That was a nasty move that Miller put on Westbrook. Absolutely filthy.

Also, how many lobs have the Blazers had in this game? I've couned at least 5 so far. They are doing an absolutely terrible job defensively.