One team lifers

Universe

Saw this thread on HF and thought it was interesting. In an age of big money, it's rare to see a Sakic or a Broduer as players jump ship or are traded during rebuilding. What are some of the current players you see spending all their time in one city?

Mike Richards is the first to come to mind, for obvious reasons haha. Plus he is on a 12 year contract.

Also, can't really see Sidney Crosby going anywhere unless something dramatically changes there, same with Ovechkin. Obviously Nick Lidstrom has spent his entire career with Detroit and I could see Pavel Datsyuk doing the same. Henrik Lundqvist too perhaps? Jarome Iginla? Who knows...this is a good question though. It would obviously have to be somebody in a relatively big hockey market...most players don't really like staying in the smaller markets for too long (see: Bouwmeester).

Edited by Phightins09

i can definitely see malkin leaving at some point

gagne for the flyers has been, but i can see him going somewhere else towards the end of his career

but iginla is a good example, i dont see him going anywhere. i dont know if toews is going anywhere. there are less and less as time goes by though

- Mike Richards (Flyers)

- Brodeur (Devils)

- Crosby (Penguins)

- Iginla (Flames)

Then all the dudes on Detroit that have been there forever like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, etc. Richards is an awesome leader and Iginla is probably the best Captain in the league. That guy Kane on Chicago could possible be there for a long long time.

I see Malkin eventually leaving to lead his own team like others have said. Ovechkin is an attention whore so I don't see him staying with one team his entire career.

Edited by Diesel

• 2 weeks later...

Ovechkin and Crosby will both stay with Washington and Pittsburgh respectively for their entire careers. I just don't see either of those two ever leaving where they are now and the cities that they play in absolutely love them. These two are basically the two players that rejuvinated the Pens and Caps (you could throw in Malkin for the Pens as well, but Crosby had the biggest impact). I wouldn't be surprised to see Malkin as a Pen forever as well, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him leave.

Obvioulsy Broduer will be with the Devils his entire career considering he will probably only play for around 2-3 more years. The same can be said for Lidstrom.

Jarome Iginla will be a Flame as long as they don't decide to blow up their roster and move him in the process.

Mike Richards will be a Flyer for life. He is the prototypical Philadelphia Flyer.

I think that Henrik and Daniel Sedin will be with the 'Nucks for life as well.

Pavel Datsyuk will be a Wing forever if you ask me.

Toews and Kane I can both see being Hawks for their entire careers as well, but it wouldn't surprise me if one of them eventually left.

Rick Nash will probably be a Blue Jacket for life, but I wouldn't be surpised to see him leave towards the tail end of his career.

I think that Luke Schenn will be with the Leafs his entire career as well but that might be just because he is my favourite player on my favourite team lol.

Then there are the obvious ones like Henrik Zetterberg and Rick Dipetro who are locked up for basically the duration of their careers and nobody would trade for Dipetro at how much he is making. I don't see Zetterberg leaving either.

Those are just the guys off of the top of my head though. A lot will hinge on whether or not they manage to win with their current team and don't decide to go ring hunting at the tail end of their career.

Edited by Built Ford Tough