Portland at Philadelphia

Real Deal

• 2 months later...

Really impressive win by the Sixers. It's not like they beat the Blazers by 1 or by 2 in a tough win but they win by 9 points! I mean.. come on... what's wrong with the Blazers this day. I'm not underrating the Sixers but the Blazers should of win this game easily despite the roster talent Philadelphia has. Roy didn't have a nice game and finished with only 10 points 3-9 from the field but I mean.. Blazers are still a better team with or without Roy. Mathews and Alridge had good games! it's not like all the players were off! Sixers just out ran them and out hustled them and that made the difference.. anyways, great win for the Sixers they should really be happy as RD said

I went to this game, 8 rows behind the Sixers bench, foul-line extended. First time I've ever been to Philly and a Sixers game and had a great time. The arena is really nice, the fans were great (even though the stadium wasn't full, they were passionate...something I'm not used to as a Nets fan), and the game was good. It was very strange as both teams dropped about 30pts a piece in the first half, but the final score was low. In the first half the Sixers were getting KILLED in the paint, giving up 3 alley-oops to Aldridge and getting killed on the boards. In the 2nd half the defense tightened up and the Blazers offense went hay-wire. Roy looked really, really bad, and without him to go to they were having trouble getting anything going. Iguodala was also non-existent offensively, and one fan said sometime in the 3rd or 4th quarter when he had only 2pts, "That's the most expensive 2pts in the NBA." Haha. The 2nd half Evan Turner also seemed to be in Collins' doghouse, not getting any PT. I also noticed during timeouts Turner was looking at the big screen or joking around, which told me a lot about his work ethic or willingness to get back into the game.

Overall, had a fun time. I got tickets for March 30th when the Rockets come to Philly, and I have the same seats. Can't wait.