Dallas at Miami

Real Deal

Just using the logic that others are using in judging the Heat.

It's true that the Lakers haven't beaten any qualified teams this year, but they've already proven themselves...there's nothing that needs to be explained here. On the other hand, Miami has a target on their back, and while they've been able smash on mediocre teams, they've yet to beat an elite team. Until they do that..hell, until they win a championship, people won't stop trying to downgrade them.

That defending champion talk is BS. You are DEFENDING your championship, you haven't won it already. The Lakers are the ones with a target on their back.

Also, winning a championship means absolutely nothing for the following season, you still have to prove you can win it again. The Heat won it in 06, one year later we were out in the first round, year after that we were the worst team in the NBA. So really, the fact that the Lakers won two championships doesn't mean anything to me, it just means that they have to play well to get to the third, and right now, they are playing just as bad against "elite teams" as we are. Yet we get labeled as not being able to beat good teams where as the Lakers have a magic switch on their championship trophy that allows them to beat good teams whenever they are in the mood for it. This talk is just really hypocritical IMO.

Lakers only have 1 win against a team above .500 so far this year. Just saying. So while it's true we're the defending champs, we've been less than stellar in the regular season so far.

Although our record last year, at this time was 21-4, this year? 21-5. I don't put much emphasis on the regular season anymore, because it's obvious the effort is not there. And for a team that's made it all the way to the Finals 3 times out of the last 3 years it's understandable. I can only hope we come out with more energy than we did last night on Christmas so we don't completely embarrass ourselves. Looking at the Laker's track record on Christmas though, I'm not too optimistic.

As for the Heat they are playing great basketball right now, and with Mike Miller back they will be even more dangerous. Yes it was enjoyable poking fun at their early season struggles, but I'm sure anybody with an ounce of intelligence knew they were gonna get it together sooner or later. I don't know if I'd consider the Heat the best team in the league, but they are certainly up there that's for sure. None of this matters anyway, they'll get a shot to prove themselves in the playoffs just like everybody else, when it matters.

Edited by The Artesticle