Dallas at Miami

Real Deal

Also, LOL @ the thought that this makes Miami a mediocre team. Had they made a few more FT's we're talking about how they're the best team in the league going into Christmas.

No, no one outside of Miami would consider them the best team in the league. And, no one is going back to the argument that the Miami Heat can't beat good teams yet, they are just sticking with their accurate assessment.

No, no one outside of Miami would consider them the best team in the league. And, no one is going back to the argument that the Miami Heat can't beat good teams yet, they are just sticking with their accurate assessment.

The Lakers have beat less quality teams than we have. Are they unable to beat good teams now too?

The Lakers have beat less quality teams than we have. Are they unable to beat good teams now too?

The Lakers have a track record of three Finals appearances and two titles. They've earned themselves the benefit of the doubt by proving they could beat great teams the past two seasons.

That being said, neither the Lakers nor the Heat are playing on Dallas' level right now. They won this game on the road no less. They've beaten Boston. They've won in Oklahoma City, in San Antonio, and in Utah. They've now swept the Heat. They're a fluky 20-point collapse against the Bucks away from a 16-game winning streak.

Their first Heat win came on the second day of a back-to-back after a win in San Antonio. They have a game in Orlando tomorrow, which will be very impressive if they pull off that win.

The Lakers will be fine down the road, Miami probably will be too. San Antonio is playing pretty well, but as of right now, and right now only, it's the Mavs followed closely by the Celtics---and then everybody else.

• Like 4

Also, forgot to mention in my previous post, but why the hell didn't Spo play Dampier tonight? It's the first time since the streak started that he didn't play...coincidence? The most dominant part of their streak, the few games before and after the win at Utah, Dampier was getting double digit minutes. Since he's seen his minutes decrease they've played like crap 3 of the last 4 games. They barely got by the Cavs, crushed the Knicks, got lucky against the Wizards, and obviously lost tonight.

The Lakers haven't proven anything, nope. Only the last two titles with pretty much the same cast. Even if you won tonight, how can you consider yourself better than Boston?

• Owner

With the Mavericks beating the Heat both times this season, I wonder if it's still a good idea to listen to Mark Cuban when he says the Heat are the best team in the NBA.

Or...maybe, just maybe, he was taking a shot at the other West teams (Spurs, Lakers), like I stated from the start.

Also, forgot to mention in my previous post, but why the hell didn't Spo play Dampier tonight? It's the first time since the streak started that he didn't play...coincidence? The most dominant part of their streak, the few games before and after the win at Utah, Dampier was getting double digit minutes. Since he's seen his minutes decrease they've played like crap 3 of the last 4 games. They barely got by the Cavs, crushed the Knicks, got lucky against the Wizards, and obviously lost tonight.

For real I was thinking the exact same thing! I don't understand why he didn't even play. Its just rediculous, but there must be a reason I guess.

With the Mavericks beating the Heat both times this season, I wonder if it's still a good idea to listen to Mark Cuban when he says the Heat are the best team in the NBA.

Or...maybe, just maybe, he was taking a shot at the other West teams (Spurs, Lakers), like I stated from the start.

you. Are. Retarded. Hahahaaha

Edited by Abro

• Owner

you. Are. Retarded. Hahahaaha

...hurts, huh?

Since you decided you were going to make a comment, you can go ahead and explain yourself now. You still listening to Mark Cuban when you want to know how good your favorite basketball team is?

• Owner

And..........................................here comes the banhammer......

Nah.

Real Deal: I was just kidding btw.. Haha I kno The Heat arent the best. I was just sayin what cuban said thts all. I think tht the best team is the spurs right now personally.

Well, we have at least one Heat fan that would still argue they are the best team in the league, and they would still give me the Cuban quote, so it was hard to sense the sarcasm. And yes, I agree, the Spurs (or Celtics) are currently the best team in the NBA. Probably San Antonio as of tonight.

Nah.

Well, we have at least one Heat fan that would still argue they are the best team in the league, and they would still give me the Cuban quote, so it was hard to sense the sarcasm. And yes, I agree, the Spurs (or Celtics) are currently the best team in the NBA. Probably San Antonio as of tonight.

Haha I still think tht the Heat WILL be the best team by the end of the yr. I just thought it was adding to the post wen I stated what Cuban said. N yah the spurs are for me but wen the C's are healthy probably them.

The Heat have one of the top defenses, so it only helps us down the road against elite teams. We really just need some kind of offensive game plan, rather than chuckng up jumpers all the time.

look, if we had Mike Miler fully healthy and ready to go tonight, we would have won. his three point shooting would have made up for LeBron's offensive mediocrity. who cares about who's the best team right now? the playoffs is where it counts. Dallas might be slightly better now, but will this aging team be able to keep it up for the next several months? I want to see if the Mavs and Spurs will still be playing like this next year.

btw, would you guys make this deal if you were Dallas?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2a5lrfn

Edited by HOV

The said quote was said at a different time, therefore making today's win much less relevant to it, if at all. And even if it was said today, the win doesn't change the quote. And even if it could, this isn't the first time the Mavericks swept the best team in the league in the regular season.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

The said quote was said at a different time, therefore making today's win much less relevant to it, if at all. And even if it was said today, the win doesn't change the quote.

So, the conclusion is that the Heat aren't the best team in the NBA.

And even if it could, this isn't the first time the Mavericks swept the best team in the league in the regular season.

Eh, it may be relevant. Since the 2007-08 season, the Mavericks are 2-7 against the eventual NBA champions. No sweeps.

Ironically, the one championship team they did sweep...was the 2006 Heat, but they also lost to them and the referees in the NBA Finals and Shaq didn't play in one of those regular season games to begin with, so...

At the end of the day, whether he said it in mid-July, November, or this month, Cuban said what he did to annoy the Spurs and Lakers (mainly Pop and Jax, and their fans). It was obvious from the start, because there was no reason why anyone should believe the Heat were, at any point, the best team in the NBA, not when they have two losses against a team that ALSO has the better record (Boston) and a loss to another that ALSO has a better record (Dallas).

But, yeah, no need to discuss this one any further. It's pretty clear now. The eclipse should be showing in a while, so I'll get back to watching that.

check out Arroyo's numbers:

0 points

0 steals

0 rebounds

1 assist

3 turnovers

I think we would have been better off had he not played at all.

he's just one of those guys that annoys me no matter what lol.

Arroyo pretty much never plays well against really good defensive teams. As it is his offense isn't too impactful, and his defense is absolutely horrible. As Miller gets his rhythm back, I think we will see about 8-10MPG with Wade at PG, LeBron/Miller/Jones at the wing spots, and Bosh/Howard/[insert C by commite] down low. Wade can't be any worse than Arroyo defensively at the PG position, and Miller would give them an elite shooter, someone who can make plays for others and as you saw tonight, he's tremendous on the boards for a SG/SF. There can be so many variations to the lineup now that Miller is back that can really, really open up this offense.

lol at ppl trying to downplay the Lakers cuz they haven't beaten any good teams this season though they're the defending champions ffs.

Just using the logic that others are using in judging the Heat.