Miami at LA Clippers

Bosh has done a great job of getting to the line tonight, but he has really struggled from the field. He has gotten a lot of nice looks from some of his favourite spaces on the floor (the elbows and the top of the circle), but he just hasn't been able to knock down the shots.

Miami's half court defense is stifling the Clippers offense right now. They just can't score on them in the half court. They have missed some open looks, but Miami has played great defense. Forcing the Clippers to play a half court game and limiting their opportunities to run is what has allowed them to cut this lead down to 5 points. If the Clippers are going to have any chance of extending their lead, or even keeping it, they are going to have to find ways to get out and run because their half court offense is no match for Miami's defense.

Gomes has played really well defensively on james in this quarter. He has forced him into some very tough shots and, most importantly, has kept him on the perimeter for the most part.

Bledsoe with another highlight reel block, this time on James. What will go unmentioned because of that awesome block is the amazing rebounder from James over Bledsoe to give him the 2nd shot opportunity. That was a nasty block from Bledsoe, though.

The Clippers have managed to get their transition game going again, and they are up 10 now. This has been the key of the game all night long. Whoever controls the tempo has controlled the game. Should be interesting to see how the 4th quarter goes.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Spo made 2 awful decisions in the 3rd that completely destroyed their momentum when they were down by 3-5pts...

-Taking Wade AND Bosh out at the same time for the last 3min or so.

-Once again, keeping Joel out there for too many minutes. When Z was in the game they were killing the Clippers on the boards, but now the opposite is happening. GIVE DAMPIER MINUTES!!!

Wasn't that a travel on LeBron? I just happened to look up at the end of the play, but it looked like he took two hops after catching the ball (due to rolling his ankle or something previously). I only caught the portion just befor ehe took the stepback, so I could definitely be wrong.

Of course then he drains a stepback three pointer off of a quick move and then started hobbling around afterwards. It is amazing how much players forget about their injuries/pain when the have the ball in their hands. Not saying he was faking it or anything like that, just always find that entertaining.

I really hope that no Heat fans start complaining about the officiating considering how many times Griffin has been hcked with no call and the fact that there has been 3 possessions in a row where you could easily have called a foul on the Heat.

I like that they are letting them play, though. As long as they are allowed to do it on both ends, I love it.

This has been a great game and hopefully we are in store for a great finish.

Griffin with the staredown of Chalmers after the nasty dunk. I love it! :lol:

EDIT: What happened between Griffin and Chalmers in the first place? I missed it and didn't see what sparked the animosity.

Trying a point guard...that's some Kevin Garnett type stuff guy. You're better than that Blake.

Seriously?

The two were just yapping at each other for a good 30 seconds and received double techs. Of course he would be pumped up after a huge dunk like that considering what just happened.

It's not like it was just some random act of him trying to be hard or something. If a point guard is going to run his mouth to a big man, why shouldn't he be allowed to do something like that after throwing down a huge dunk?

If Chalmers hadn't ran his mouth with Griffin (and Griffin did it back, I'm not saying he is in the wrong or anything), then I would have a problem with Griffin "trying a point guard", but considering Chalmers was running his mouth 15 seconds earlier, I fail to see how you can fault Griffin for being emotional.

So I take it none of you saw Blake Griffin run down the court and push Mario Chalmers down from behind on purpose?

Clearly, which is why I asked what happened between the two of them about 4 posts ago. If that is what happened, I agree that it was a dick move on Griffin's part.

Bad shot from Wade. No need for a three that early in the shot clock, especially when you have been able to get into the paint all night long.

Davis has come up big down the stretch. Two huge baskets from him.

Now Bosh takes a three? Brutal execution from the Heat down the stretch. Just awful shots that should not be taken.

EDIT: Another Bosh three? What the hell. Just terrible execution from the Heat. Why on earth is Bosh taking back to back threes?

Seriously?

The two were just yapping at each other for a good 30 seconds and received double techs. Of course he would be pumped up after a huge dunk like that considering what just happened.

It's not like it was just some random act of him trying to be hard or something. If a point guard is going to run his mouth to a big man, why shouldn't he be allowed to do something like that after throwing down a huge dunk?

If Chalmers hadn't ran his mouth with Griffin (and Griffin did it back, I'm not saying he is in the wrong or anything), then I would have a problem with Griffin "trying a point guard", but considering Chalmers was running his mouth 15 seconds earlier, I fail to see how you can fault Griffin for being emotional.

You didn't see what happened before, did you..