Miami at LA Clippers

Lol, Blake Griffin pulls a [expletive] move, he gets celebrated for it. I can't even imagine what would happen here if Bosh, LBJ or Wade tried that.

Oh well. At least one team in LA finally beat us.

Edited by Flash
  • Like 1

Anthony played 24min, had 2 rebounds and had a +/- of -10. Z played 22min, had 6 rebounds and a +/- of +2. The run in the 3rd quarter was sparked by strong offensive rebounding, with Z playing a big part in that.

It's time for Spo to STOP with the Joel Anthony love-affair. Every damn night against teams with legitimate big men this happen.

FREE DAMPIER!!!

Lol, Blake Griffin pulls a [expletive] move, he gets celebrated for it. I can't even imagine what would happen here if Bosh, LBJ or Wade tried that.

Good god, cry me a river.

I clearly acknowledged that I didn't see Griffin supposedly push Chalmers from behind on purpose and I clearly said that if he did, it was a dick move on his part.

Nobody is running around celebrating that Griffin supposedly did some dirty move to a players who had his back turned to him (nobody even mentioned anything about it other than you and me, from what I remember, but I'm not 100% sure and I'm not going to look back to check if I am right). They are giving him credit for putting up 25 points, 14 rebounds and 5 assists including the dunk that basically put this game on ice.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• Owner

I didn't see anything. I like Blake Griffin, kind of like how you like LeBron...but I digress.

Haha, yeah, and it was the one with just 12 wins on the season.

EDIT: 13 wins now.

Good question. Had to send my main man a tweet.

http://twitter.com/#!/brandon_neal/status/25437570036924416

I wonder if he'll reply. I'm sure there will be 500,000 more doing the same thing, though.

That's awesome man!

Looks a few other people like it too.

Retweeted by marcel_emerson and 3 others

• Owner

I really wish Wade wasn't teamed up with LeBron and Bosh. If it had to be two other stars, it would've been nice if it were Howard and Paul, or Durant and someone else, two humble superstars that could share success with D-Wade.

Just took a look over the Clippers schedule and WOW, they've beaten some really good teams. Including the win over Miami tonight, they've beaten the Spurs, Nuggets, Bulls, Hornets, and the Thunder.

If only they were consistent. -_-

the stars were out last night, fellas. Rihanna, Jessica Alba, Lisa Leslie, and Billy Crystal were there, just to name a few.

I was really disappointed in how the Heat played at the beginning. they were just letting the Clips score at will. I'm not sure if they were playing down or what, but Miami's defense was atrocious. the Clips actually scored over 40 points in the first quarter!

Miami gradually got back into the game, but it was a little too late. it seemed like LeBron just gave up toward the end. if you watch the fourth quarter, you'll see he was almost totally aloof. our biggest problem was not being able to contain Blake Griffin. he was just making his defenders look foolish out there.

believe it or not, I think the Clips could have a pretty bright future. obviously, Griffin has to be the cornerstone of the franchise. they have a few other players with loads of potential, though - DeAndre Jordan, Al-Fariq Aminu, and Eric Bledsoe were all guys that really impressed me last night. if they build around that young nucleus, they could grow into something special.

in my opinion, they should be looking to deal Chris Kaman right now. centers are in high demand and there's tons of teams who'd love to have him. with the way Jordan plays alongside Griffin, I think it's time to look to the future. dealing Kaman and eventually Baron Davis would probably be in the best interest of the Clippers. lastly, I'd like to say that Griffin deserves to be an all-star this year. I know he won't make it, but he should be there. this guy's going to be the best PF in the game a few years from now, no question.

Just thought I would point this out because the whole Griffin-Chalmers incident was a bit of a hot topic when the game was going on. Flash claimed that Griffin was the one who shoved Chalmers from behind while nobody else mentioned it.

Anyways, here is a video of the incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBZBYBlsRtc

I know that it isn't very clear and is really brief, but if you look at the bottom left hand corner of the screen during the first 5 seconds of the video, you will eventually see the beginning of the Griffin and Chalmers incident. Now, unless Griffin shoved Chalmers on the previous possession or something, can somebody explain to me how exactly Griffin was the one who shoved Chalmers from behind when Griffin was in front of him when the whole incident started?

It is hard to tell from such a brief clip, but I sure as hell don't see Griffin do this:

So I take it none of you saw Blake Griffin run down the court and push Mario Chalmers down from behind on purpose?

Pretty hard to push somebody down from behind when you are in front of him. Griffin is good, but not that good.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a video of the incident that Flash was talking about:

So yeah, he has a point. Although Flash talked it up a lot more than it actually was considering it was a slight bump and not the "shoving him down" that he described it as. Chalmers is no angel in this situation either by elbowing Griffin in the back (and apperantly trying to trip Gomes as he was running up the floor, at least according to a poster over at ISH), which was well documented that he was having problems with, but I concede that Griffin was the one who instigated the entire thing and should be blamed.

Edited by Built Ford Tough