Miami at LA Clippers

• 4 months later...

Nice set of moves in the post from Bosh to draw the foul on Jordan. I've seen him do moves like that before, but I've never seen him combine the spin, head fake and up and under in such a smooth fashion before.

Baron Davis has looked great to start the game. I haven't caught a Clipper game since the beginning of the season, but he looks like a completely different player from then. I know it is only the first 4 minutes, but already he has had a nice three to beat the shot clock, a great lob to Jordan and an impressive And 1 in transition where he ran the ball right down the Heat's throat. He looks so much more energized than I've ever seen him in a Clipper uniform.

The Clippers have done a great job of attacking the Heat's defense so far. They aren't allowing them to get set in their half court defense and as a result they have scored 16 points in the first 5 minutes. This is the kind of game that they are going to have to play all night long because they aren't going to be able to scoring consistently in a half court set.

Late foul call to send Bosh to the line, but the right one. He was definitely fouled there, even though the ref had his thumb up his [expletive] and didn't call it until the shot was missed.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

The Heat are playing brutal transition defense right now. How do you let Eric Gordon get a wide open dunk like that after a made basket?

Davis with a huge dunk as well, off of a great play by Griffin to lead the break and a very nice pass from Jordan as well

Bosh has looked really effective in the post tonight, though. I don't recall too many times when he has looked this good with his back to the basket on the block.

Flash, are you really complaining about the officiating right now? There have maybe been 1 or 2 bad no calls all game so far, but when you are playing aggressive defense like the Clippers are, you are going to get the benefit of the doubt. Instead of complaining about the refs, I would be furious with how awful the Heat's transition defense has been.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I'm sure that the lead won't last and Miami will go on a run at some point later in the game, but the Clippers looked very impressive in that first quarter. I don't remember the last time that I've seen a Clippers team play such good basketball for an entire quarter. They were running the Heat out of the building and completely abusing them in transition. They seemed to hit everything that quarter and really fed off of the crowd, who were fantastic.

I'm confident that we can win this, but our energy in that quarter was pathetic. Gotta get it together before it gets too big for us to come back from. I think tonight it'll be Wade leading the charge.

Not to mention, this is like a Finals game for that team.

How about Griffin so far? 6 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and he has led the fast break about 3 times, as well as just ran the half court offense a possession ago.

Now he spins baseline on Anthony, gets hammered by two Heat defenders and still finishes, despite no foul being called.

And Flash, I hope you don't complain about the officiating for at least the next 5 minutes after the refs didn't call a foul on Griffin when he was clearly hit by two Heat defenders, and then Wade gets a ticky tack call on the next trip down. :P

And Flash, I hope you don't complain about the officiating for at least the next 5 minutes after the refs didn't call a foul on Griffin when he was clearly hit by two Heat defenders, and then Wade gets a ticky tack call on the next trip down. :P

Well it was bordering on obvious at that point so I'd hope they'd be nice enough to give us one tonight. They tried hard against Portland, but tonight has started off pretty bad.

Well it was bordering on obvious at that point so I'd hope they'd be nice enough to give us one tonight. They tried hard against Portland, but tonight has started off pretty bad.

C'mon son...the officiating has been pretty damn even tonight. At first they were calling ticky-tack fouls on BOTH teams, and now they are starting to let them play.

The Heat really have to watch this tempo and keep things slow. The Clippers are too hot to run with right now. The Heat need to force a slower tempo to throw the Clippers off their rhythm,

And the Griffin spin move on Anthony wasn't an obvious foul that they didn't call? The Heat have maybe 3 plays all game long where they can legitimately complain about a no call (Davis hacking Bosh early in the 1st, a James layup and one other one that I can't remember at the moment). That is hardly a lot this far into the game, and the Clippers have a few no calls that they could complain about.

I just think it is pretty wack to complain about the officiating when your team has looked so lifeless and been completely outplayed.

• Like 1

The first 4 minutes of this quarter are going to be crucial for both teams, but more so the Clippers. If they can maintain this lead, perhaps improving on it by 3 or 4 points, they will be in good shape for the rest of the game. However, if they allow the Heat to get it down to 6 points, I can see them starting to panic and force their game.

Not saying that the winner of this next 4 minutes will win the game or anything.

Impressive rebound by Griffin. The only Clipper with 4 Miami players around him and he is the only that comes down with the rebound and the basket. Impressive hustle by him there.

Nice up fake from Bosh to draw the foul on Jordan. He knows that Jordan is anxious to block everything in sight, so he gave him the pump fake to draw the foul. Smart move by the veteran to take advantage of the anxious youngster.