LA Lakers at Miami

Real Deal

That play where Wade led Kobe into that screen by LBJ was awesome. What a hard screen by Bron on that one. That 2/3 pick and roll is going to be such a weapon for us I think.

The Bulls used that for 9 years with Pippen and Jordan. Take notice Miami...

Even though Kobe didnt play well down the stretch tonight, he still is a beast for practicing afterwards. I love Kobe. :wub: ^_^

But he should also be practicing his D cause Wade beat him off the dribble several times in the 4th. :blink:

• Owner

Even though Kobe didnt play well down the stretch tonight, he still is a beast for practicing afterwards. I love Kobe. :wub: ^_^

But he should also be practicing his D cause Wade beat him off the dribble several times in the 4th. :blink:

Only a couple of times. There were a few screens, so I can't fault him for that. For the most part, Kobe played very good defense all game long.

Same for Ron, really.

Can't say the same for ignorant Gasol, who got LIT UP by Bosh. :rolleyes:

I'll only blame Kobe for a couple of dumb shots down the stretch, going cold a bit earlier, and the steal by Wade (which wasn't really Bryant's fault, more due to Wade playing very good defense).

Its definitely good to see that we won this one without great offensive games from Wade and LeBron. I didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bosh just needs consistent touches in order to establish a rhythm. He's very tough to stop when he's feeling it AND he decides to be aggressive.

Not really, unless he's practicing non-sense 35 foot 3's to win games

It was a poor shot selection on his part, get over it. The way Miami was defending him, and the way that the Lakers were playing, I don't blame him for pulling the trigger on the deep three. Plus he had made a three from that same range a couple possessions back.

Edited by Confidence

This is what Kobe had to say on his three point attempt:

"He knew I was going to make it, I was in rhythm, I went up straight, he knew it. He fouled the hell out of me and the refs missed it"

And he's referring to the corner three he took prior to the deep one.

• Owner

Didn't the Cavs beat the Lakers twice last year?

Yes.

CLE 102, LAL 87 (15 point loss, first meeting on Christmas)

CLE 93, LAL 87 (6-point loss, second meeting in Cleveland)

MIA 96, LAL 80 (16-point loss, first meeting on Christmas)

MIA 94, LAL 88 (6-point loss, second meeting in Miami)

Same teams, really.

lol stop complaining about the non-foul the Lakers still got the ball after the contact, Artest just blew an easy shot.

BTW difference between LeBron and Kobe, LeBron crys after he chokes, Kobe gets better. lol @ all the Lakers all on Kobes jock on this thread too :lol:

lol stop complaining about the non-foul the Lakers still got the ball after the contact, Artest just blew an easy shot.

BTW difference between LeBron and Kobe, LeBron crys after he chokes, Kobe gets better. lol @ all the Lakers all on Kobes jock on this thread too :lol:

It was a goaltend on Z. :rolleyes:

crazy, karma's a... jk lol. I'll stop doing that now out of respect for Heat fans.

I watched this whole game, but it wasn't exciting me for some reason. anyway, the difference was that Miami's bench finally produced this game. they combined for 22 points, which is a pretty significant improvement. Miller finally got back into his groove, which is great news for Miami.

LeBron was really unselfish this game. he was making things happen for his teammates. Wade was superb defensively (4 steals and a block), and Bosh totally outplayed Gasol.

besides that, I don't really have anything else to say. oh yeah, Miami's big men outside of Bosh are worthless. Dampier, Howard, and Z are likely to retire this summer, so they better improve at that center position.

• Owner

Is this not the second time we out-rebound LA? Pretty sure we did it on Christmas too. Not sure you can blame that on the refs.

I don't think anyone said the referees were the reason why we were out-rebounded.

Are you telling me that those fouls I mentioned weren't fouls?

Plus, the Boston Celtics are 29th in the NBA in RPG, just as they were last season, when they went to the Finals. Winning or losing the rebounding game doesn't determine the actual game.

Yes.

CLE 102, LAL 87 (15 point loss, first meeting on Christmas)

CLE 93, LAL 87 (6-point loss, second meeting in Cleveland)

MIA 96, LAL 80 (16-point loss, first meeting on Christmas)

MIA 94, LAL 88 (6-point loss, second meeting in Miami)

Same teams, really.

That's what I thought, thanks for the clarification.