Oklahoma City at Miami

Real Deal

wade was fouled, that really put the game away

but not that upset by this loss, shooters were missing, chalmers disappeared..liked what the big men did though - magloire juwan damp and joel all had a good game

okc played good defense too

Edited by Clutch

Solid win for OKC tonight...not going to act like it's a huge win by Miami had some confidence coming into the game so I think it's a nice victory for the Thunder on the road.

The Heat are absolute trash. I hope they enjoy losing in the first round because they are awful. There is no way that their "big three" is going to stay together. At least one of them will be ditching after year three of their contract because that team is not going to win asn NBA Championship.

Lol, trollin at its finest.

Nice win for OKC. They deserved this one. The BIg 3 just went cold in the second half and we gave up way too many second chance points.

Lol, trollin at its finest.

Nice win for OKC. They deserved this one. The BIg 3 just went cold in the second half and we gave up way too many second chance points.

No, I'm dead serious. The Heat will only be a regular season team, and will not win a NBA Championship with the roster they have right now.

There's one thread I've been dying to dig up, but I'll wait until the Heat are ousted in the first round, and second round if they are lucky enough to escape the first round.

• Owner

Motivated teams have no problem beating the Heat, it seems, and the problem is...the Heat should be more motivated than anyone else in the NBA. That's the reason why they all came together...the motivation to win it all.

Once the playoffs roll around, those opponents will want it even more than they do right now. LeBron and Wade will need to get right. Their second half (or fourth quarter) struggles aren't going to fly in a seven-game series, especially when one (or both) are forced to defend another superstar/all-star player, as you saw tonight with LeBron getting lit up by Durant.

No, I'm dead serious. The Heat will only be a regular season team, and will not win a NBA Championship with the roster they have right now.

There's one thread I've been dying to dig up, but I'll wait until the Heat are ousted in the first round, and second round if they are lucky enough to escape the first round.

So we just went 3-1 against the 1,2,4 and 8 seeds in the West and the Heat is "only a regular season team"?

Obvious troll is obvious. I'd be more worried about how the C's have looked since those retarded ass trades they made.

Motivated teams have no problem beating the Heat, it seems, and the problem is...the Heat should be more motivated than anyone else in the NBA. That's the reason why they all came together...the motivation to win it all.

Once the playoffs roll around, those opponents will want it even more than they do right now. LeBron and Wade will need to get right. Their second half (or fourth quarter) struggles aren't going to fly in a seven-game series, especially when one (or both) are forced to defend another superstar/all-star player, as you saw tonight with LeBron getting lit up by Durant.

So the Lakers weren't motivated the 2 times we beat them? I guess the Spurs were just taking the night off on Monday too, right?

And you honestly think that come playoff time, there's gonna be someone out there who wants it more than LeBron or Wade does? I don't think so. Kobe is the only guy I can think of just because of the competitor that he is.

Edited by Charlie Sheen

• Owner

So the Lakers weren't motivated the 2 times we beat them? I guess the Spurs were just taking the night off on Monday too, right?

No, the Heat just keep getting screwed by the refs, or it's Spo's fault.

Nobody said a damn thing about the Lakers.

[expletive] the Heat. I was about to reply to ECN and say they are still a potential ECF team, and could even get to the Finals depending on who they face, but I don't feel like defending that trashy, cocky team anymore.

And you honestly think that come playoff time, there's gonna be someone out there who wants it more than LeBron or Wade does? I don't think so. Kobe is the only guy I can think of just because of the competitor that he is.

You said it yourself: the Heat have that massive target on their backs. Everyone wants to beat them. Everyone gets up to beat them. It wasn't just you, either...I'm pretty sure one of those conceited fools on the big two said it.

There are 29 teams in the NBA that would love to beat the Heat in the playoffs. They would love to see them humiliated in the first round. People don't like LeBron James, and he doesn't have a single ring on his finger yet (much different than hating a champion).

This is you making sure the Heat are getting respect. They were about to get it from me in this post, but I'd much rather spit on them.

http://www.officialpsds.com/images/thumbs/okc-thunder-logo-psd22442.png

The Celtics are completely fine. They've thumped the Heat just like every half-decent team in the NBA has this season. I guess each loss is Spo's fault though?

Get back to me when the Heat actually fill up more than 50% of their stadium.

[expletive] the Heat. I was about to reply to ECN and say they are still a potential ECF team, and could even get to the Finals depending on who they face, but I don't feel like defending that trashy, cocky team anymore.

You said it yourself: the Heat have that massive target on their backs. Everyone wants to beat them. Everyone gets up to beat them. It wasn't just you, either...I'm pretty sure one of those conceited fools on the big two said it.

There are 29 teams in the NBA that would love to beat the Heat in the playoffs. They would love to see them humiliated in the first round. People don't like LeBron James, and he doesn't have a single ring on his finger yet (much different than hating a champion).

This is you making sure the Heat are getting respect. They were about to get it from me in this post, but I'd much rather spit on them.

You're letting your Heat hate ruin your objectivity. Lol nothing you just wrote had anything to do with basketball, just your personal vendetta against the Heat. How bout we stop the knee-jerk reactions about a loss to a potential Finals team in OKC and get real.

• Owner

You're letting your Heat hate ruin your objectivity. Lol nothing you just wrote had anything to do with basketball, just your personal vendetta against the Heat. How bout we stop the knee-jerk reactions about a loss to a potential Finals team in OKC and get real.

Oh, but they weren't a potential Finals team until they beat the Heat, right? :lol:

I've already written enough about the Heat. You don't need me to tell you how they will lose to certain teams in the playoffs.

Knee-jerk reactions, huh? We lost to Orlando both times in 2009, ended up beating them in five games in the Finals. We lost to Cleveland both times last year (aka Miami 2.0) and the Cavaliers couldn't even find their way out of the second round, and we held up the trophy for a second-consecutive time.

My knee may have been jerking right before the all-star break, when the Lakers were unmotivated and playing like they didn't give a damn. You were jerking something else on Christmas Day.

In fact, Miami's knee-jerking (and possibly other jerking) started July 2011. Don't even begin to talk that trash.

• Like 4

Oh, but they weren't a potential Finals team until they beat the Heat, right? :lol:

I've already written enough about the Heat. You don't need me to tell you how they will lose to certain teams in the playoffs.

Knee-jerk reactions, huh? We lost to Orlando both times in 2009, ended up beating them in five games in the Finals. We lost to Cleveland both times last year (aka Miami 2.0) and the Cavaliers couldn't even find their way out of the second round, and we held up the trophy for a second-consecutive time.

My knee may have been jerking right before the all-star break, when the Lakers were unmotivated and playing like they didn't give a damn. You were jerking something else on Christmas Day.

In fact, Miami's knee-jerking (and possibly other jerking) started July 2011. Don't even begin to talk that trash.

I've been saying OKC can win the West since before the trades, you can go look it up if you want.

Again, more Heat hate for God knows why. We didn't play unmotivated tonight, we just had a bad second half and had trouble scoring.

If we were Cleveland 2.0, we'd be running their sets and plays but we're not. We're running our same offense from last year as some scouts pointed out in that thread I posted a while back. Just because we ISO a superstar a lot and don't have some complex offense doesn't make us Cleveland 2.0.

And again, your Heat hate is obvious at this point, way to stay unbiased lol.

I've been saying OKC can win the West since before the trades, you can go look it up if you want.

Again, more Heat hate for God knows why. We didn't play unmotivated tonight, we just had a bad second half and had trouble scoring.

If we were Cleveland 2.0, we'd be running their sets and plays but we're not. We're running our same offense from last year as some scouts pointed out in that thread I posted a while back. Just because we ISO a superstar a lot and don't have some complex offense doesn't make us Cleveland 2.0.

And again, your Heat hate is obvious at this point, way to stay unbiased lol.

He doesn't hate the Heat though. He likes Wade, and used to like LeBron, but the way LeBron went about going to Miami amongst other actions displayed by LeBron have made him not like him, but that doesn't mean he hates the Heat.

He's pointing out flaws that are obvious to anyone that watches basketball, and flaws that a six year old could see. The Heat are going to have trouble against teams with size, and with the Heat's lack of clutch shooting, they may be in serious trouble during the playoffs.

• Like 1

I'd be more worried about how the C's have looked since those retarded ass trades they made.

lol those trades have been working wonders so far. Kristic and Green are playing rejuvenated basketball and really making a difference. we were able to turn a bunch of trash (minus Perkins) into a couple really good, productive players. we also got three picks out of those trades (one from Cleveland, one from Sacramento, and a first rounder from the Clippers, I think). I post on a C's forum and even the people who were strongly against the Perkins deal at first are now applauding Ainge and calling him executive of the year. we've won 10 of our last 14 games and Green's been playing like an all-star this past week.

Holy shit...every time we lose a game we get absolutely shit on. Where are you guys when we win? Why can't you shower us with compliments on a great win rather than lurk in the darkness and then pounce on us after a loss. I can do the same shit to any NBA team. Whenever the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, or Bulls lose, I will be there pointing out their every weakness, but when they win, I will just sit here coming up with a new way to shit on them when they lose again.

• Owner

Holy shit...every time we lose a game we get absolutely shit on. Where are you guys when we win? Why can't you shower us with compliments on a great win rather than lurk in the darkness and then pounce on us after a loss. I can do the same shit to any NBA team. Whenever the Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, or Bulls lose, I will be there pointing out their every weakness, but when they win, I will just sit here coming up with a new way to shit on them when they lose again.

You can actually go over to TLN (the Lakers site I run) and see all of the praise I give the Heat, among all of the Lakers fans.

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/41359-should-we-be-worried-about-the-heat/page__view__findpost__p__764763 (Aug. 2010)

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/41359-should-we-be-worried-about-the-heat/page__view__findpost__p__764914

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/41359-should-we-be-worried-about-the-heat/page__view__findpost__p__764921

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/41359-should-we-be-worried-about-the-heat/page__view__findpost__p__765008

Best post in that topic, though...made back on August 4th (before the season started)...

Haha, okay, even though I clearly stated the Lakers are the better team. Doesn't mean they don't have anyone to worry about, though. Being the best doesn't mean you're worry free, invincible and unbeatable, although that seems to be the popular conclusion as of late.

You guys will see. The Heat will develop chemistry and will be near the top of the East by All-Star Weekend. Spoelstra will run ISOs for James and Wade as their offense, pick and roll teams to death otherwise, and they will basically beat teams with their star power and their fastbreak (which will be the most dangerous feature of this team when they play us).

LA will struggle to get HCA over Boston and Miami, and at the end of the day, it's going to be a problem. I still think we have the best shot at winning it all because of Kobe and Phil, but I really don't want to see us in the playoffs, having to beat out a West team without HCA (say, Dallas) and then needing to make a trip to the Finals and play four games on the road.

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/41359-should-we-be-worried-about-the-heat/page__view__findpost__p__766264

You can follow the topic and see where I posted a follow-up, beginning of this month.

http://thelakersnation.com/forums/topic/48274-who-do-we-want-if-we-get-to-the-finals/page__view__findpost__p__882967 (a different topic)

The fact is, on both sites, I'll post things to get debates going. Here, with the Heat, I'm not going to sit here and praise them when their own fans blame the coach for every little thing the big three does wrong. I'm not going to praise them among those that actually stated that the Wade/LeBron duo was already better than Kobe/Shaq (lol). I won't give them any credit on OTR because there are Heat fans on this site that stated this team would win 4-5 titles in their first 6-7 seasons together, and predicted they would win 70+ games, etc.

This is basically my middle finger to anyone who actually thinks I talk shit on the Heat because I hate them. I've praised them plenty of times, over and over again, more than anyone on OTR and TLN combined, with the exception of the Heat fans. The truth is, I have held back plenty of times on OTR...could've said much, much worse, but when I post in Heat topics, I don't go too far into it. This particular game is different, because my initial post was going to praise Miami...but, as expected, I had my ass jumped before I could even type the first line approving the Heat as a serious East contender, so this is the end result of that.

Geez.. Someones butthurt about the Lakers being motivated (at least the last time the Heat played them) and still losing to the Heat.. Or something.

Edited by Abro

Why are all you Heat fans so impressed with your team when you guys only beat a good team at home? Dallas could do that. OKC could do that. Same with Portland. Heat haven't proven anything, and they sure haven't lived up to the hype, The team is barely in the elite status if it's there at all. Only 3 wins in the past 9 games right? I don't think the Laker fans are the ones that are butthurt.