Denver at LA Lakers

Real Deal

• 7 months later...

Not sure how this one will play out. WIthout a go to guy, I think Denver will struggle to score on us. They get very little scoring from their bi gs and as long as we dont give them open looks on the perimeter should be an easy win.

Nobody on Lakers can stop Lawson... that's for sure. Unless Kobe wants to stick to him, and Ty is faster than Westbrook. Ty getting to the lane means drawing defenders and = open shooters... unless Bynum wants to protect the paint by himself and leave Nene open.

I assess one thing that gives this new Nuggets team problem = athleticism. Athletic teams like Heat, Thunder can give us trouble. But old Kobe, Gasoft, awkward Ron are no athletic.

I sense that Hines Ward would flagrant foul Ty or one of our screeners and Kenyon and Ward getting into fight.

Nuggets 105, Lakers 89.

Have I mentioned our defense? Yeah, even Kobe would be like "WHA?? I CAN'T SCORE!!! These THUGGETS ARE FO REAL!!!"

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

This game is going to come down to whether JR Smith can catch fire. If he can, the Nuggets should get a double-digit win. If he misfires like Jason Terry did against the Lakers a few days ago, then this could come down to the wire.

Unlike Melo era, we counted on J.R. as X factor, but we have many weapons now. Case in point, Nuggets couldn't score in the 4th quarter against Kings in last game, and Felton scored 14 pts. Other nights, it's Nene, Ty, or Wilson Chandler carrying the offense.

But like always in every season since we acquired J.R. in 2006, he's always had a poor-average first half season, and strong second half season.

But I have long time ago quit counting on J.R. to have big games against Lakers :lol:

• Owner

We shot under 30% and Gallo is Shaq at FT line... and only trailed by 7 to Lakers at halftime on the road? I'll take it.

Still 24 mins to play :)

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you guys really needed to take that lead going into the half. Utah was pretty happy about their lead the other night, until they blew it. LA is now a very good second half team.

By the way, I'm impressed. Denver is far better defensively. I figured they would be, though. Plus, they have a lot of depth. I've seen them probably three times since the Melo trade, but it helps seeing them play against the defending champs.

• Owner

Refs with a big FU to Kobe once again.

Yep. Taking a look at all of the FT numbers this season, it's pretty obvious. People are too stuck on the calls he used to get in his prime, and need to stop living in the past.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you guys really needed to take that lead going into the half. Utah was pretty happy about their lead the other night, until they blew it. LA is now a very good second half team.

By the way, I'm impressed. Denver is far better defensively. I figured they would be, though. Plus, they have a lot of depth. I've seen them probably three times since the Melo trade, but it helps seeing them play against the defending champs.

We're too sir. In the past 5 games or so, our first half defense has gone below the new team's standard, but second half we've been giving a 30, 35, 39 second half pts to opponents.

Youu ain't seen nuthin yet. :)

My streaming still sucks, I have no clue why :(

Edited by Multi-Billionaire

• Owner

Lucky shots like that against us Nuggs and then he acting like it was pure skill are why I hate old Mamba

Must be the luckiest player in the history of the game, then.

No idea why everyone decides to hate on LA today. Hope you do it until June, though.

Must be the luckiest player in the history of the game, then.

No idea why everyone decides to hate on LA today. Hope you do it until June, though.

I only hate LA when they play Nugs

Gallo is playing like Dirk Nowitzki with ball handling skills

Whooooosh Ty with a steal

Concern is this monster Bynum, two guys blocking him out and he still got a rebound, 14 rebds???

Props to Lakers for their D tho, definitely best D so far on us since Melo trade.