Denver at LA Lakers

Real Deal

Anyway...I'll go ahead and say it: good game by the Nuggets. I honestly don't mind the loss as much, now that Drew and Gasol are hurt.

Thanks man... hearing it from a Laker fan feels good.

At first I was like, "did we win because Lakers were not 100% with Gasol and Bynum hurting?"

But we also got some key guys hurt: Afflalo and Birdman (after a mostly sub par season, had been playing great in the last 3 weeks before injury).

I've been saying Nuggets had not faced adversity yet... but they found it when they shot 29% at first half, even Gallo (80+ FT%) was Shaq at FT line. But they handled it well, stuck together as a team, the players and coaches figure game out together... and outscored the Lakers 55-43 in second half (only allowed 21 pts in 4th quarter) to a red hot, hungry Lakers team that were completely focused to win to chase Spurs on the Lakers' homecourt... is VERY encouraging.

Before trade, we were chumps (10-18) on the road, I believe at that point the worst road record of any playoffs team. After trade, we are 6-4 on the road and improving. Good times to be a Nugget fan... especially after season-long Melo crap.