Death Penalty Views

EastCoastNiner

Are you guys for or against the death penalty? This is a question that is often argued over in this country, and I was wondering about people's views about it.

The reason I bring this up is because of a trial that is going on now. Some of you may have heard of it, but if not, read this:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/evidence_in_connecticut_family_murder_4PUNg0Ut9jzMGdId2e5flO

These two sick bastards saw this mother and her two young daughters leaving a parking lot one day and followed them home to see where they lived. They then broke in a few days later I believe in the early morning, beat the [expletive] out of the dad, tied him up, had the mother go to the bank and take out money, and then raped all of the women in the family. Not only did they rape them, but they tied them up and set the house on fire. The husband managed to get outside and yell for help. He was so bloody that his neighbors didn't recognize him.

Some people say the cops acted poorly by not arriving quick enough, but I'm not too sure about that. These two sick bastards should die for what they did!

The defense team is trying to save them by saying the cops arrived too late and could have save the three women from being killed. That is a cowardly defense.

Also, new evidence shows that one of the girls got loose and tried to help her sister get free.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/evidence_in_connecticut_family_murder_4PUNg0Ut9jzMGdId2e5flO

This isn't the clearest photo, but this is weeks and months after Dr. Petit was beaten.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-WN7GbL2vrY/Rrde6BvycYI/AAAAAAAAB4g/2abm27O5uNE/s320/dr.%2Bpetit.jpg

These two animals should be put to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha funny timing, I have a paper on the humanitarian theory due on Monday.

Anyways, I agree that they do deserve to be tortured to death. But these days it seems like our justice system is more about trying to "cure and deter" rather than to give the son's of [expletive]es what they deserve.

Heres what I think. Life sentence in prison + option of receiving death penalty. Meaning that if someone did something bad enough, the worst punishment should be life in prison but the criminal gets the option of receiving the death penalty or not. Either way it sucks.

The death penalty is the easy way out, and so is jail. I think there are better solutions to help these people, rather than just tossing them to the side.

At what point are we going to start holding criminals accountable for their actions?

• Like 1

• Owner

I have an uncle that has been in and out of jail numerous times, and I also know of a high school classmate that is currently in prison. My uncle talks about how he would rather live in jail right now, how you get to work and make money, get an education, and basically live for free. The guy that I went to school with, he's in prison for murdering a girl, and apparently, he has been telling his friends you can do more with your life in prison than you can living on your own outside of it.

So I recommend doing something else. Death penalty? I really don't care. Do something, though...just don't let them enjoy the rest of their lives in prison.

I agree with the death penalty, it is good in some cases.But it is also good because the government doesnt have to pay 40,000$ a year for living in a cell too.

My sociology teacher claims that it's actually more expensive for the government to give the death penalty as oppose to life in prison. With all the appeals by the suspect it ends up costing so much in lawyer fees for the government then to just throw the guy in a cell.

My sociology teacher claims that it's actually more expensive for the government to give the death penalty as oppose to life in prison. With all the appeals by the suspect it ends up costing so much in lawyer fees for the government then to just throw the guy in a cell.

Sad but true. The appeals process for those sentenced to the death penalty needs to be re-worked somehow because of the costs of living for those years before they are executed.

death penalty is bull[expletive]. thanks god we don't have this in canada..

You gotta be kidding me...

http://api.ning.com/files/OJ-ucDM0QPVIwD*79se9eEt9KvYqmbw8G1LnhnZs*7bHW9ChXpWt6ihmehEF56R4jwUeUA*0WqX*yKy2moRa69exv66dS0Su/gtfo.gif

• Like 1

I hate when people act like prisoners are patients instead of criminals.

Exactly. It all goes back to holding them accountable for their actions. Prisons aren't prisons anymore they're like a retirement home for criminals, maybe even nicer than some retirement homes.

Sad but true. The appeals process for those sentenced to the death penalty needs to be re-worked somehow because of the costs of living for those years before they are executed.

Which is why I am opposed to the death penalty. And because of wrongful conviction; sure doesn't happen often but once is one time too many.

Which is why I am opposed to the death penalty. And because of wrongful conviction; sure doesn't happen often but once is one time too many.

Every system has its flaws. However, most of the time the guy is guilty.

I never said they are patients. Don't put words in my mouth.

Shut up. You said you wanted to "help" these criminals. Therapy? Last time I checked people that go to therapy are patients. Medicine to control urges? Still patients. Please [expletive]ing explain to me how you plan on helping these people.