NLDS Discussion: Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants

Cobb

The bash-bash-bash-bash-bash-'backpeddle in case he [expletive]s on my chest' defense doesn't fly with me :)

bash-bash-bash? I did what I did, called an apple an apple, no bashing at all. How he performs in one game doesn't change what he is a bad 2, decent 3. Despite what he did tonight, Lowe has no business starting game 1 of a playoff series and Lincecum vs Lowe is a still a funny match up to me.

Hey uh btw, who won? Oh okay.

bash-bash-bash? I did what I did, called an apple an apple, no bashing at all. How he performs in one game doesn't change what he is a bad 2, decent 3. Despite what he did tonight, Lowe has no business starting game 1 of a playoff series and Lincecum vs Lowe is a still a funny match up to me.

Hey uh btw, who won? Oh okay.

Lowe's 1.69 NLDS ERA says that you're wrong. Lowe's performance against Lincecum tonight says that you're wrong. Lowe starting this game 1 against one of the best pitchers in baseball and leaving the game down by a single run says that you're wrong. Basically... well... everything says that you were wrong. Outside of your pride and your ego, preventing you from realizing that your anti-Braves trolling was foolish.

Y'all really need to stop being such a collective group of pansies and eat your GD crow when your [expletive] talking turns around and slaps you in your lips.

Edited by The Reason

:lol: There's plenty of things that say I'm right. Especially Lowe's numbers since singing that deal 2 years ago. You're just so obessed with showing up people and trying to "make them eat crow" that you get lost in the fact that i admittedly said I don't know how good Lowe will do. You find me one post where I said "Lowe will get lit up" then I will eat your crow. Everything that I said is true and remains true till now.

Lowe still isn't a 2 pitcher

Volquez is still better than Lowe

Lowe still has terrible stats

and if they end up rematching I will still find the Lowe-Lincecum match up funny.

btw one more time just for you

I said "I'm not even saying Lowe does bad, I just think it's a funny match up"

Cool huge font, bro. You still mad?

Lowe has a career 3.33 ERA in the postseason, better than Pettitte. That's before last night's start. That's why it isn't a funny matchup. That's why it's foolish that you try to bash on the guy who just [expletive] on you tonight.

Take off the Mets homer troll glasses. Mets suck, we get it. Doesn't mean you have to attack the Braves pitcher who made you look completely foolish, or attack and admittedly troll Flash just because his teams are flying higher than yours.

Get over yourself. Lowe teabagged you. Balls in your mouth. There's actually a hair between your teeth :lol:

Crow is fatty, you better just eat this one before the pile gets too high. Don't want you getting high cholesterol.

Cool huge font, bro. You still mad?

Lowe has a career 3.33 ERA in the postseason, better than Pettitte. That's before last night's start. That's why it isn't a funny matchup. That's why it's foolish that you try to bash on the guy who just [expletive] on you tonight.

Take off the Mets homer troll glasses. Mets suck, we get it. Doesn't mean you have to attack the Braves pitcher who made you look completely foolish, or attack and admittedly troll Flash just because his teams are flying higher than yours.

Get over yourself. Lowe teabagged you. Balls in your mouth. There's actually a hair between your teeth :lol:

Crow is fatty, you better just eat this one before the pile gets too high. Don't want you getting high cholesterol.

-_- lol @ you trying to bring the Mets into this. Sure Lowe has a good ERA, but he's obviously not the same pitcher he was back then. Which is my whole argument. His ERA in the postseason after 2004 (before last night) was 4.10, that's why it is a funny a match up.

Then lol @ you adding a completely unnecessary part to your post just to attack me personally, The two sentences made your point, everything else is just to try to attack me. I guess that's just your thing, you'd rather attack me than actually have a sports debate. Grow up k?

BTW - Learn what a troll is, because by your definition you are doing it right now. Lol I love how I'm 'trolling' right now too, I just said I thought it was a funny match up and you want to argue to you are blue in the fact that someone [expletive] in my chest or shoved their balls in my mouth like anyone says that anymore.

Edited by STATCity

-_- lol @ you trying to bring the Mets into this. Sure Lowe has a good ERA, but he's obviously not the same pitcher he was back then. Which is my whole argument. His ERA in the postseason after 2004 (before last night) was 4.10, that's why it is a funny a match up.

Take his stats from the last 21 innings or over his 89 innings body of work... Right, use the small sample size. It helps your argument. :angry:

Bringing the Mets into it because it is clearly your motivating factor against the Braves, against the Yankees. Right? -_-

Then lol @ you adding a completely unnecessary part to your post just to attack me personally, The two sentences made your point, everything else is just to try to attack me. I guess that's just your thing, you'd rather attack me than actually have a sports debate. Grow up k?

To steal two lines from you:

I did what I did, called an apple an apple :o

Everything that I said is true and remains true till now. :o

Oh, you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you? :lol:

BTW - Learn what a troll is, because by your definition you are doing it right now. Lol I love how I'm 'trolling' right now too, I just said I thought it was a funny match up and you want to argue to you are blue in the fact that someone [expletive] in my chest or shoved their balls in my mouth like anyone says that anymore.

You were trolling! You came in and made a negative post referring to Lowe (via Mets bias and Braves hatred) and got the conversation to take a huge turn from the game to "zomg Lowe is awful". You laughed at the matchup, you said he's not even a #2 starter, you said he's not better than Volquez. In the end, he gave up a single run, pitched like a #1 starter, and performed light years better than Volquez. :)

But instead of being humble and having the ability to say something like "wow, didn't see that coming" or "wow I was wrong, Lowe was awesome"... You play the e-pride game that you weren't wrong, he still sucks, etc etc etc. Get over yourself and admit that you made a mistake talking [expletive] on a guy who came out and was awesome and made you look stupid. :)

Derek Lowe pitched magnificently. You pointed out how awful he's been since he arrived in Atlanta and downplayed all of his ability, you even downplayed his hot September in an effort to make a point. Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong? Is it pride? I'm not sure what it was, but you were clearly wrong in everything that you said... Yet you're yet to admit that. It's sad :(

I'm not going to respond to this again, because it's turned into an unnecessary argument. You were wrong, we both know that you were wrong. I just wish that people on this site had the same ability to admit fault and admit that their big talking backfired that they do to downplay and smack talk leading up to the game. S M H.

Take his stats from the last 21 innings or over his 89 innings body of work... Right, use the small sample size. It helps your argument. :angry:

Bringing the Mets into it because it is clearly your motivating factor against the Braves, against the Yankees. Right? -_-

You were trolling! You came in and made a negative post referring to Lowe (via Mets bias and Braves hatred) and got the conversation to take a huge turn from the game to "zomg Lowe is awful". You laughed at the matchup, you said he's not even a #2 starter, you said he's not better than Volquez. In the end, he gave up a single run, pitched like a #1 starter, and performed light years better than Volquez. :)

But instead of being humble and having the ability to say something like "wow, didn't see that coming" or "wow I was wrong, Lowe was awesome"... You play the e-pride game that you weren't wrong, he still sucks, etc etc etc. Get over yourself and admit that you made a mistake talking [expletive] on a guy who came out and was awesome and made you look stupid. :)

Derek Lowe pitched magnificently. You pointed out how awful he's been since he arrived in Atlanta and downplayed all of his ability, you even downplayed his hot September in an effort to make a point. Is it really that hard for you to admit that you were wrong? Is it pride? I'm not sure what it was, but you were clearly wrong in everything that you said... Yet you're yet to admit that. It's sad :(

I'm not going to respond to this again, because it's turned into an unnecessary argument. You were wrong, we both know that you were wrong. I just wish that people on this site had the same ability to admit fault and admit that their big talking backfired that they do to downplay and smack talk leading up to the game. S M H.

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2010/05/are-you-wizard.jpg

It's his most recent body of work and his stats since entering the NL. That is the only reason I used it, but yes Lowe does has impressive overall post season numbers.

I'll admit I do not like Braves, but I honestly did not say it because of that. I said it because like you said, Lincecum is one of the best pitchers in baseball, and Lowe hasn't had an ERA under 4.00 since 2008. I do not hate the Yankees, I hate their fans, specifically the front runners who know nothing and are fun to troll. I'm rooting for the Twins, not against the Yankees, and that is the honest truth as well, although I do not expect you to believe me.

Nope I'm mad because like you said there's no point for this, at all. You're obviously the one mad I'm rooting for the Twins which is probably the reason you even brought this up in the first place, just to try to make me look bad or something.

"zomg Lowe is awful" yeah that's exactky what I said. I was not trolling, I was making predictions for the post season and used Lowe vs Lincecum as a reasoning for picking the Giants over the Braves. I still believe Volquez is better, now Lowe is probably a better post season pitcher, I didn't realize his impressive post season stats til after I made that comment. However I still believe Lowe is not a good 2, maybe in the post season, but certainly not in the regular season, and I still think Volquez is a better pitcher. Talking small sample sizes your using 5 2/3 innings to make your argument :lol:

I think it's obvious "I did not see that coming" I see no point in saying it, but here just for you, wow I did not see that coming. E-pride? Cute term brah. I don't get what I'm admitting I'm wrong to? That it's not a funny match up? Because I still think it is a funny match up? You tell me what I'm supposed to be wrong about. Everything I said I still stand behind. Again just for you, Lowe performed excellent last night, gave up 1 run should have 0 runs, so even though I never said he would suck or play awfully, I was wrong in some [expletive]ed up way by just saying it was a funny match up, it wasn't a funny match up last night it was a good one. However I still believe if they do rematch it is a funny match up so...take that for what it's worth.

Again I'm not trying to downplay what Lowe did or his September, but 6 starts in a whole season will not make me jump on the octloweber band wagon. Lowe isn't an ace, although yes, he has performed as an ace as of late, he is not one. If it was Pelfrey vs Lincecum I'd still think it's a funny match up because I don't think Pelfrey has a right performing against Lincecum in game 1 of a play off series. Although now I'm probably going to get ripped for comparing Pelf to Lowe, despite Pelf having a better year than Lowe.

It has, because you turned into it, for not point. I overlooked Lowe's impressive post season stats, despite that I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE LOWE HAS A RIGHT PLAYING AGAINST LINCE IN THE POST SEASON. I will admit fault, and I would have admitted had I said something like "ROFL'Z Lowe is [expletive]ing awful, he's going to get lit up, that game won't even be close" however what did I say? I made it nice and big for you 2 posts ago but you still are intent on ignoring it. Yes please don't post again, because this is the most pointless thing I've ever participated in on this site.

You're obviously the one mad I'm rooting for the Twins which is probably the reason you even brought this up in the first place, just to try to make me look bad or something.

Nope, could care less, we're up 2-0. Just don't like someone talking smack and then not owning up to it.

I did not see that coming

Thank you.