ALCS Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers

Cobb

If the Rangers lose the World Series, Cliff Lee will be a Yankee next year.

Feel free to quote me.

What does losing or winning the world series have to do with whether he becomes a Yankee? I think we all know its a foregone conclusion that Lee will go where the money and fame is and come to the Yankees win or lose.

Edited by STATCity

What does losing or winning the world series have to do with whether he becomes a Yankee? I think we all know its a foregone conclusion that Lee will go where the money and fame is and come to the Yankees win or lose.

While you are right about where he is going, Cliff Lee is not a "money and fame" guy. He will go there, though, because nobody will offer him anything close to what the Yankees can/will, so he'd obviously be foolish to turn it down.

While you are right about where he is going, Cliff Lee is not a "money and fame" guy. He will go there, though, because nobody will offer him anything close to what the Yankees can/will, so he'd obviously be foolish to turn it down.

That's because he's never had it before, now he's getting a taste of it. In NY every month of the season is October, if your the Yankees and not the suck Mets, he'd thrive here.

That's because he's never had it before, now he's getting a taste of it. In NY every month of the season is October, if your the Yankees and not the suck Mets, he'd thrive here.

I know exactly what you are saying...I just don't think he is that kind of guy, and he strikes me as the type of guy who will not change no matter how much money/fame he gets.

He will be a Yankee, though.

Good luck in the World Series, Rangers. Exciting ballclub they've got, though I can do without the claw/antlers and the fat slobs waving flags behind home plate.

Fish, I'm repeating the season over thing to you next May. I liked that.

• Like 1

Tough game to watch from the get-go. We struggled offensively all night and once again our bullpen shat the bed pretty nicely. I think Lee end up a Yankee but I think we really need to add another bat in the outfield. Its tough to find a better offensive infield than ours but we have to add another bat. This lineup's performance this series was embarrassing to be quite honest.

Edited by Flash