ALCS Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers

Cobb

Probable Pitching Matchups:

Game 1 (10/15, 8:07 PM EST, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington): Yankees 6 vs. Rangers 5

Game 2 (10/16, 4:07 PM EST, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington): Yankees 2 vs. Rangers 7

Game 3 (10/18, 8:07 PM EST, Yankee Stadium): Rangers 8 vs. Yankees 0

Game 4 (10/19, 8:07 PM EST, Yankee Stadium): Rangers 10 vs. Yankees 3

Game 5 (10/20, 4:07 PM EST, Yankee Stadium): C.J. Wilson vs. CC Sabathia

Game 6 (10/22, 8:07 PM EST, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington): Phil Hughes vs. Colby Lewis*

Game 7 (10/23, 8:07 PM EST, Rangers Ballpark in Arlington): Andy Pettitte vs. Cliff Lee*

*= If Necessary

Times subject to change

All games on TBS

Edited by Cobb

I see us taking it in 5. I think Sabathia and Hughes do their job in Arlington and then we come home to face Lee. In game 4 all we need is 4 or 5 decent innings from Burnett and let the pen carry us from there in game 4 unless he's really on.

I think the Pettitte/Lee matchup might be a little more even than people think. Andy looked outstanding against the Twins.

OK, nevermind. Fooled everyone.

Also, why the hell is Jeff Francoeur in this lineup? He has been OK as a Ranger I guess, but he seems so easy to pitch to. Had to be exactly the guy CC wanted at the plate when he was struggling. Nobody gives at-bats away ulike Frenchy.

Edited by Phightins

Lets go Rangers! 3 runs before the first out!

Whats wrong CC?

He has a history of being un-CC-esque on extra rest. Plus, we started off down 3-0 in ALDS Game 1.

Edit: And Liriano was silencing our offense (until the sixth inning) similarly to how Wilson is right now.

So we'll see what happens.

Edited by Waldo

He has a history of being un-CC-esque on extra rest. Plus, we started off down 3-0 in ALDS Game 1.

Edit: And Liriano was silencing our offense (until the fifth inning) similarly to how Wilson is right now.

So we'll see what happens.

Damn this might get ugly for you guys Wali.

The Yankees can definitely come back. I've seen it way too many times for me to even consider this game being over.

I sure as hell hope they don't come back, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I completely agree they can definitely come back, they do have an all star roster after all.

Damn this might get ugly for you guys Wali.

Posada hit one on the nose last inning following two singles. We don't look totally confused against Wilson. Fifth inning means halfway through the game, and halfway through the game has meant our offense lighting up multiple times dating back to September.

C.C.'s fourth and fifth ER were baserunners who got on base with soft hits, so I'm not too worried about him at the moment.

Chosen the "Rangers fan"... They're called umpires. Not refs. SMH. -_-

Confidence, if the Lakers are losing a game this year and I come in and say "LMAO Kobe is getting worked, I love it"... Don't want to hear a single complaint from anyone. <_<

C.J. Wilson is pretty good. At least C.C. only going 4 leaves him available for a game 4 start if they're down 2-1... Which is seeming likely.

All or nothing offense is whiffing tonight! Really missing out on opportunities with runners on base.

Confidence, if the Lakers are losing a game this year and I come in and say "LMAO Kobe is getting worked, I love it"... Don't want to hear a single complaint from anyone. <_<

1. Are you a Yankees fan? If not, then why do you ever care? Even if you are I'm just stating the obvious.

2. Kobe never gets worked, so good luck with that. ;)

Edited by Confidence

Chosen the "Rangers fan"... They're called umpires. Not refs. SMH. -_-

C.J. Wilson is pretty good. At least C.C. only going 4 leaves him available for a game 4 start if they're down 2-1... Which is seeming likely.

All or nothing offense is whiffing tonight! Really missing out on opportunities with runners on base.

LOL my bad man. Also I am not a rangers fan I am just a Yankee hater.

1. Are you a Rangers fan? If not, then why do you ever care?

2. Kobe never gets worked, so good luck with that. ;)

1. New York Rangers, yes. Do ho ho. You were mocking C.C., I'm a Yankees fan. Makes sense, no? :)

2. I'm just forewarning. Don't get sensitive after a playoff loss if I come in with some anti-Lakers comments. Seems fair game, right?