ALCS Discussion: New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers

Cobb

Better question. How many Yankee fans here

1) Live in New York

2) Have ever lived in New York

3) Born in New York

4) Dont have a baseball team near them to root for if they have never lived in New York or were not born there.

I would like to know. Thanks. ;)

Reason, Waldo, Guru all fall under #4 at least

1) Live in New York

3) Born in New York

4) Dont have a baseball team near them to root for if they have never lived in New York or were not born there.

C'mon man, we know who this is directed at. Flash's mother's uncle's niece's friend's sister's mailman's brother's third cousin's florist's nephew knew someone who is a Yankees fan once... it's clear that he had no choice in the fanhood. Plus the Marlins have poor management and aren't as good.

Friggin hater. :lol:

• Like 3

Even though I get Kingfish/Yugo's point, saying somebody isn't a "real fan" because they aren't at a playoff game is kind of silly. I went to 25ish Phillies games this past regular season, but did not purchase postseason tickets because of how expensive they are. And many of the "fans" at the playoff games are not real fans at all. They are just people with money who go because they can.

Edited by Phightins

1) Live in New York

3) Born in New York

I think a better question is, how many Laker fans actually show up to the game before halfway through the 3rd Quarter?

The Yankees have a huge fanbase, so they will have "real" fans no matter where they play. I hate the Yankees, but not all of their fans are bandwagon, although they do have a lot of those.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

I never said anything about being at the actual games. What I dont understand is how you can be a Yankee fan if you have never lived in New York, or was not born there. And you dont have a team near you to root for. If you dont have a team in your area, its understandable to pick whatever team you like best. And im not talking about New Jersey, thats close enough to be a Yankee fan. But anyways, people will still root for the Yankees because they win. :rolleyes:

I think a better question is, how many Laker fans actually show up to the game before halfway through the 3rd Quarter?

First of all that is a huge exaggeration and the arena is filled by the time the 1st quarter ends. And during playoffs/Finals time the arena is filled before tip off. I would know because I actually went to Game 1 of the Finals this year. And blaming people for not being there on time is stupid, do you have any idea how bad LA traffic is? Just, be quiet.... please, k?

Edited by kingfish