No one talks about the Jazz

AboveLegit

They are undefeated in the preseason (7-0) and had some nice wins. Against the Lakers on Sunday, Gordon Hayward dropped 26 and looked great out there. Deron Williams is also playing well... Will the Jazz be under the radar this season like they always are? I hardly ever see people talk about them, but it's basically a given that they will make the playoffs, as long as Sloan is the coach.

It's just like no one talks about the Spurs, yet they are always playing great. I'll be the first to admit that Gordon Hayward is looking very good out there right now, and I was a main doubter on draft day, but it's looking like things are going to work out for him in Utah. With guys like Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Deron Williams, and even throwing Andrei Kirilenko into the mix, they look like a very promising team heading into the postseason.

I think that they will compete out west, but their success all hinges on the health of Al Jefferson in my opinion. At the center position after losing Boozer, they need a dominating post presence to allow the offense to succeed, and with Jefferson they'll have that. Without him.....yeah not so much. Personally though, I think he'll stay very healthy and will be a huge contributor for Utah this year. Definitely a team that needs to be talked about a lot more. They will be a real threat this season.

Let me start out by saying that preseason means different things to different teams. The Lakers aren't really trying to win. They're trying to develop young players. The Jazz are trying to mesh their new roster together and develop their bench. The Grizzlies are more trying to compete.

With that being said, I know that our preseason success doesn't mean everything but I have liked the way that we've played. Al Jefferson creates a better matchup by far than Boozer ever did and I've liked what I've seen from our young guys.

It is true that the Jazz are constantly flying under the radar. I've seen the Jazz get placed 8th too many times than I can bear in prediction threads and occasionally some say they won't even make the playoffs! Maybe I'm a homer but I think this is for sure a Top 5 team. I like us better than last year.