Division Leaders Announced

Real Deal

• Owner

Two leaders for each division, with the exception of the Southeast (due to the Heat), who get three.

I'm going to say this right now, and this has to be understood: all division leaders are expected to be on their best behavior and to represent OTR by displaying mature attitudes towards the community as a whole, engaging in basketball discussion, and encouraging others to do the same.

Repeating from the other topic, DL's will be asked to...

1) move Gameday topics (no matter the teams or division, all leaders will be expected to help each day)

2) recruit for your division (bringing in fans for all five teams)

3) edit topic titles for those five team forums, open and close topics, merge topics

Division Leaders will be monitored closely by Kyle and the moderators for a month or two into the season. In other words, they will be under a microscope, because eventually, some of them will be taking over an entire team forum by themselves (if we have enough to reach 30), and there may be one or two promoted to moderator sometime next year.

There isn't much more to say beyond that. Each DL should be aware that the rope to hang themselves with is short. While it takes a little bit for members to be suspended, it will take less for DL's to be cut from the staff. The few, the merrier. That doesn't mean the DL's can't have fun, but I don't want to see them involved in flame wars, spamming for other sites (that will actually get you banned), or abusing power in the team forums.

Here are the assigned Division Leaders. I did what I could to give everyone their primary or secondary options.

Dash - Northwest

Sun Tzu - Northwest

----------

Lkr - Pacific

Prodigy - Pacific

----------

deestillballin - Southwest

The Reason - Southwest

----------

STATCity - Atlantic

TheHutch - Atlantic

----------

The Lone Granger - Central

TheBullsInsider - Central

----------

Legacy - Southeast

Built Ford Tough - Southeast

Cobb - Southeast

To the DL's, you'll see a Staff section near the bottom of the site.

You'll also be able to move Gameday topics and make edits in your forums by Tuesday (more than likely, I'll have it set up tomorrow). EDIT: Nevermind, I did it tonight, haha.

Thanks for applying, everyone. I really have a good feeling about all of you guys doing work, since you've been getting it done as posters recently (and some of you for a long time).

^_^ Awesome thanks, i noticed the blue under my avatar and i was like 'oh cool!' lol. Congrats to all the other guys that got picked, and to those of you who may have applied and didn't get picked, stay active, I'm sure you'll be a team leader soon enough.

This sounds a lot like the forum version of The Apprentice. :lol: Anyways congrats everyone and thanks Real for the opportunity.

Sun Tzu lets keep the Northwest clean. ;)

• Owner

I got the division with 2 of my 4 least favourite teams in the league. :lol:

Oh well, I can make it work. Shouldn't be too difficult considering Miami's new roster, Orlando being a great team and Wall and Arenas in Washington.

To be honest, I gave the Southeast to three guys with moderating experience (Legacy was a moderator here, Cobb has been doing a lot of forum moderating, and you've done it outside of OTR). There are definitely a few others who I could've given it to, but those actually gave me two divisions...and I believe you stated you wanted the Atlantic or anything else. Cobb and Legacy listed the Southeast as their second choices.

I filled out the Southeast first. The Heat forum could be the busiest of the season, or second to the Lakers. Because Kyle and I frequent the Lakers forum more than any other team forum, I figured the division that needed the most attention would be the SE.

To be honest, I gave the Southeast to three guys with moderating experience (Legacy was a moderator here, Cobb has been doing a lot of forum moderating, and you've done it outside of OTR). There are definitely a few others who I could've given it to, but those actually gave me two divisions...and I believe you stated you wanted the Atlantic or anything else. Cobb and Legacy listed the Southeast as their second choices.

I filled out the Southeast first. The Heat forum could be the busiest of the season, or second to the Lakers. Because Kyle and I frequent the Lakers forum more than any other team forum, I figured the division that needed the most attention would be the SE.

Just to clarify, I wasn't complaining or anything as even though I don't particularly like the Heat or Magic, I by no means hate them. Your reasoning for selecting us is very solid.

I didn't really care which forum I got, though. Like I told you, obviously the Atlantic would've been my first choice because of the Raptors, but even then, I'd be in the same situation with the Knicks and Celtics (who are my two least favourite teams).

Just found that slightly amusing, thats all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

The problem with that is that everyone will want to have access to their own forum, and do the same thing with the draft topics. Editing the first post with information...it seems like the way to go, but what it does is prevents discussion in that topic. Edits don't show up as new posts.

Plus, there's reason why I can't give BFT access to a forum outside of the division he's moderating. I can't really go into details about it just yet, but it's sort of important to what we're going to do in the very near future.

He does have the second post in that topic, though...so I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal if he were to edit his post every now and then.