Who Is The Worst Team In The East/West?

BadgerFan

East - Raps

West - T'Wolves

Reason? Their best players are Andrea Bargarni and Michael Beasley/Kevin Love, both former 2nd/3rd options on the team last year. Yes they might score more, but still, with no notable fresh blood in either team it's hard to see them rack up wins.

East: Raptors

West: Suns

I'm picking a surprising team out West. I don't see Phoenix being much with just Steve Nash and Jason Richardson running the show out there. It's an interesting pick (and definitely one that I made because I didn't want to copy everyone), but I think the T-Wolves showed that they are a decent team capable of winning some games yesterday. So I'm going to pick the Suns...there we go lol.

• Like 1

I'm picking a surprising team out West. I don't see Phoenix being much with just Steve Nash and Jason Richardson running the show out there. It's an interesting pick (and definitely one that I made because I didn't want to copy everyone), but I think the T-Wolves showed that they are a decent team capable of winning some games yesterday. So I'm going to pick the Suns...there we go lol.

The Wolves showed that they can win SOME games, the Suns only had 2 players actually show up and play decent and were close/leading most of the time against a young, talented Portland team. Suns will still end up winning 38-42 games this year. Horrible reasoning.

Damn, I was actually going to say the Suns as well before coming into this topic. I too think they will surprise people (not in a good way) and struggle for most of the season.

• Like 1

• Owner

In the East, it'll be the Raptors. They look like they'll be playing city rec basketball the entire season, give me the ball and let my parents watch me score basketball, lol.

In the West, Minnesota. The rotations are weird, the players won't learn the offense, Beasley and Johnson's roles may be too big right now, and Rambis isn't exactly the coach you want to bring in for this type of team. Minny needs Rubio, badly.

• Owner

I'll wait until AFTER the season before I say who are the worst teams in each division. Thanks.

It's great to be optimistic, but most want to call it like they see it. Few see Minnesota doing much with what they have.

It takes a while to recover after losing someone like Garnett, especially when the trade ended up being a ripoff. It doesn't help that one of your top picks couldn't make it over here for a few years, because if he was here now, people would have higher hopes for the Wolves.

It's asking a lot more from Ridnour, a guy who has scored around 10 PPG his entire career, shot around 41-42% for most of it. In Minny, he'll need to score more, shoot 45% or better, and throw seven or eight assists per, all while doing this in an offense he'll need to facilitate...so, more or less, a 2005 Kobe Bryant role.

That is, unless Beas and Johnson (and Love) all start scoring the ball effectively while finding a balance.

Is it possible? Most definitely. Is it likely? I don't think so. With the talent, they should be a 45-win team...but lack of defense, no discipline in the offense, rotational issues and lack of true size (relying on Darko is not going to work out for them), it's just something you have to expect before a game is even played.

The Heat are in a different boat. I can predict that they will be a top team in the East because James and Wade are true superstars, and Bosh is an all-star. They will win 50+ on talent alone, especially when those players were winning that many games with their own teams. But out West, I don't see very many teams challenging the Wolves (if that makes sense) for that 15th spot. Sacramento has Evans, Cousins and Landry. The Clippers have Griffin, Gordon, Baron and Kaman. Pending injuries, those two teams should win more games.

• Owner

As you can see in the game against Utah, the Suns' pick and roll, and their ability to run, can win them at least 40 games. I wouldn't be shocked to see them as a bubble team in April, or actually in the playoffs as a bottom seed.

Smh at people who are saying the Suns are going to be the worst team in the league, after losing Amar'e, Barbosa and Amundson whilst gaining a bit in Hedo, Childress and Warrick... we lost Amar'e Stoudemire at most, not LeBron James, jeez.

I think it will be the Raptors for the East and the Timberwolves for the West.

The T'Wolves are actually starting to be one of my favourite teams in the West but I just can't see them getting a higher seed with all the new competition in the West, with the new additions.

It's great to be optimistic, but most want to call it like they see it. Few see Minnesota doing much with what they have.

It takes a while to recover after losing someone like Garnett, especially when the trade ended up being a ripoff. It doesn't help that one of your top picks couldn't make it over here for a few years, because if he was here now, people would have higher hopes for the Wolves.

It's asking a lot more from Ridnour, a guy who has scored around 10 PPG his entire career, shot around 41-42% for most of it. In Minny, he'll need to score more, shoot 45% or better, and throw seven or eight assists per, all while doing this in an offense he'll need to facilitate...so, more or less, a 2005 Kobe Bryant role.

That is, unless Beas and Johnson (and Love) all start scoring the ball effectively while finding a balance.

Is it possible? Most definitely. Is it likely? I don't think so. With the talent, they should be a 45-win team...but lack of defense, no discipline in the offense, rotational issues and lack of true size (relying on Darko is not going to work out for them), it's just something you have to expect before a game is even played.

The Heat are in a different boat. I can predict that they will be a top team in the East because James and Wade are true superstars, and Bosh is an all-star. They will win 50+ on talent alone, especially when those players were winning that many games with their own teams. But out West, I don't see very many teams challenging the Wolves (if that makes sense) for that 15th spot. Sacramento has Evans, Cousins and Landry. The Clippers have Griffin, Gordon, Baron and Kaman. Pending injuries, those two teams should win more games.

Ridnour has done really well when it comes to shooting and passing this season. The only thing that ever holds this team back is TURNOVERS.

Some reason i get the feeling the Sixers will be the worst team in the East. Not a big fan of Turner. Brand is washed up. They got worse at the center position by getting Hawes. Iggy is not gonna get any better.

I agree with Minny being the worst in the West.

Edited by DaFranchise03

Some reason i get the feeling the Sixers will be the worst team in the East. Not a big fan of Turner. Brand is washed up. They got worse at the center position by getting Hawes. Iggy is not gonna get any better.

I agree with Minny being the worst in the West.

Turner has done his job. Coming off the bench he's delivered some clutch points for us down the stretch, playing solid defense, and also he's around the ball like crazy for the rebounds. He's exactly what you want coming off the bench, he's done his job.

Elton Brand washed up? Are you sure about that? He has a stat line currently of 18ppg, 9.6rpg, 2.6spg, and 1.8bpg. He's looked better then ever in a 76ers uniform, and quite honestly I'm seeing a lot of resemblance from his ol' 20-10 days with the clippers. He seems to be way more aggressive, his shot is on, I really love what I'm seeing out of EB.

Hawes hasn't been amazing, and although he's starting for us, he barely sees back up minutes. He's only averaging 16mpg, and in those 16mpg though, he's played some solid defense (1.2bpg) and just doing what he's asked to do.

Iggy isn't going to get any better.. because he doesn't have to. He's not our best scorer on this team, it's Lou Williams. Trust me, Lou Williams, everyone will know the name of him by seasons end. He's easily our best pure scorer, and he's doing exactly what Jamal Crawford was doing last season in the same exact role. Playing the 6th man role, and seeing starters minutes and putting up major points.

Anyhow, were definitely not the worst team in the league.. This team has too much depth and just overall too much talent to be the worst team. We should have ripped off 2 straight right now, damn Wizards game :facepalm:

IMO, the worst teams are:

West: T-Wolves

• 1 month later...