Melo: "It's a Time for Change"

Carmelo Anthony made perhaps his most revealing public comments to date concerning the stalemate between him and the Denver Nuggets.

"They [Nuggets management] want to sit down and talk, but my thing is it’s way beyond this year. It ain’t got nothing to do with the new GM, Josh [Kroenke], the players. For me, I feel it’s a time for change," Anthony said.

"If I do nothing now, I’m never going to do anything. I feel like my time is now to make a decision if I want to leave or if I want to stay," he continued.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69802/20101028/melo_its_a_time_for_change/#ixzz13foeRXr9

How soon will he be moved? Deadline or before?

The Nuggets beat a very good Jazz team yesterday, if Denver can keep a hot streak going for the next few weeks then I can easily see this going down to the trade deadline. By then if the Nuggets are still in the top 3 or 4 spots in the West, I wouldn't be all that surprised if they opt to keep Melo for the rest of the season much like Toronto did with Bosh. However, if the Nuggets crash in the second half of the season like the Raptors did then they are in deep, deep trouble.

He'll be moved before the deadline in my opinion. It's sad to see that he wants to leave, but it's good to see that it's not because of anything personal with the team. He's tried to take them into the Playoffs before, but it just hasn't worked out for him. It seems every time he gets somewhere that he wants to be, his team falls short. And that's why he wants to go to a new team and see if change will help him achieve his goal of winning a Championship. Now that he puts it like this, it makes it so much easier to see where he's coming from. Probably helps Denver fans not hate him as much as well, even though they'll be very upset when he is traded.

Trade him. If I was a Nuggets fan I would be disgusted by how he's treated the city. Let him go. He couldn't get you past the first round more than ONCE in SEVEN PLAYOFF APPEARANCES. So at that point, is he that big a star?

It's not. But are you saying that Melo wasn't/isn't surrounded by talent in Denver?

Basketball = team sport. It's a team effort to win games, and while stars do have the largest impact in games, even the best don't even average one third of their team's points. Considering that Melo's career playoff average is about the same as his career regular season average, he played his part and is not to take full blame.

Edited by Poe

Basketball = team sport. It's a team effort to win games, and while stars do have the largest impact in games, even the best don't even average one third of their team's points. Considering that Melo's career playoff average is about the same as his career regular season average, he played his part and is not to take full blame.

Nobody is saying he deserves full blame, but you are making it seem like he deserves NO blame.

Also, how can you say it is a team sport and then go on to say that "he played his part." If it is a team sport, everyone on that team is to blame, no?

Edited by Guru™

Nobody is saying he deserves full blame, but you are making it seem like he deserves NO blame.

But I didn't say he deserves no blame.

Also, how can you say it is a team sport and then go on to say that "he played his part." If it is a team sport, everyone on that team is to blame, no?

There are multiple members to a team and each play a part in the victory/loss. If a member is over/under par in their performance out of what is expected from their role on the team, then they were a larger part to the reason the team won/lost.

Never is a single player to take full blame for a loss, but they can have larger or smaller part of the blame. Again, Melo's career average in the playoffs is the same as the regular season, so I can't agree that Melo is the single reason the Nuggets continually failed to advance in the playoffs like CF appears to suggest.

And again, NBA =/= PGA. Lakers vs Nuggets is not Kobe vs Melo, it's the Lakers team versus the Nuggets team. If the Lakers win, it's not "Kobe beat Melo", it's "LA beat Denver".

Edited by Poe

^I wouldn't categorize Nene, Afflalo, Ty in that group.

CB since the past season (and also on Team USA) has done many 1-on-4 3pt pull up in transition. I swear when veterans and supposed "leader" like him are supposed to be like fine wine, getting better with age, CB is getting crazier and more selfish with age.