Is Tony Parker underrated?

Real Deal

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Manu seems to think Tony Parker is underrated at the point guard position. He says that he won his first ring at 19 years old, has three total, was the Finals MVP for the last one, and has been a major contributor to a Spurs team that has 11-consecutive 50+ win seasons (he was a part of nine).

Underrated point guard? Where do you rank him on the top ten list?

Ever since the emergence of George Hill, Parker has been thrown around as expendable and overrated. I tend to disagree, Hill's more explosive as a scorer but Parket is more potent and can break down defenses with his slashing ability and feed Duncan. So yes I'd say he's pretty underrated and the Spurs should most definitely resign him after this season.

I'm going to say No...most people realize how good of a PG he really is. I will say this though: He isn't very flashy, which is why he doesn't always garner as much attention as the CP3's and Deron Williams of the league, but he can play, and most NBA fans know that.

I wouldn't necessarily he is underrated, but he is overdoubted. Simply because he had injury troubles last year, doesn't mean that you should throw him under the bus. He proved against the Pacers that he's ready to go this year and be the same Tony Parker who led the league in points in the paint. I can't wait to see what he does this year, but in answer to the question, not underrated, but definitely overdoubted.

CP3

D Will

Rondo

Nash

Billups

Westbrook

Rose

BJ3

All these guys i would put above Parker. I answered No to the poll.

Just because he isn't better than those PG's doesn't mean he's not underrated. In fact, that might argue the case for him being underrated more so than not. And I would not put Jennings over him, or Westbrook and Rose for that case ATM just because they haven't had the experience that Parker has had to lead a team like the Spurs to a ring. If Pop gives a player a leader role, he's a good player.

Although he definitely isn't underrated, he still is a top 10 point guard. He's become underappreciated by Spurs fans. A lot of us say that Hill could lead the team just as well, but if that were the case, Pop would make that decision.

Edited by sas45champs