Ten Favorite Games Ever ?

Oliver P

1. Zelda Ocarina of Time

2. Ghost Recon 2 (Only because of online)

3. GTA Vice City

4. Kingdom Hearts

5. FF7

6. Cod 4

7. Kingdom Hearts 2

8. Gears of War

9. Halo 2

10. GTA 4

I forgot a bunch of games so my list has no order, I just love all these.

Rampage, Star Fox, Golden Eye, Harvest Moon, Jet Force Gemini, Mario 64, DK Country, Kirby.......pokemon.....ahh I can go on for a while.

Edited by SRV

hmm pretty hard to rank them...

1 herc's adventure (ps1)

2 Diablo 2 (pc)

3 Halo 1 (xbox)

4 Dino Crisis 1 (ps1)

5 Resident evil 1/Deadly silence (gamecube/DS)

6 Hunter The reckoning (xbox)

7 Conkers Bad Fur Day (N64)

8 James Bond Golden Eye (N64)

9 Pokemon Gold (gameboy advanced)

10 Desert Storm (xbox)

Didn't they make a Double Dragon/Battletoads mixed game once? Either way I remember playing Battletoads a ton, fun game, especially when you get on those little space cruisers or whatever they were

Yeah, it's called Battletoads and Double Dragons, lol.

I can't decide on order and on last 2 so I'll just list 8.

Grand Theft Auto

NBA (Nintendo 64, I don't know which version it was though)

World Of Warcraft

NBA 2K11

Pokemon

Kingdom Hearts

Call of Duty

Super Smash Bros.

For me it's hard to pick just 10 as I love alot of games..but here's a rough list.

1. TES IV: Oblivion

2. Mass Effect 2

3. Chrono Trigger

4. Pokemon Gold & Silver(DS versions)

5. Super Smash Bros Brawl

6. Perfect Dark

7. Super Mario Galaxy 2

8. Mass Effect 1

9. Goldeneye 64

10. Mario Kart Wii

Honorable mentions: Final Fantasy 8, Diddy Kong Racing, NBA Street Vol 2, Gears of War 2, Fallout New Vegas, Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2, Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, WCW/NWO Revenge

2. Donky Kong series for Super Nintendo... used to play this with the old man and my brother for hours on end as a kid lol

Oh yeah I remember that series, or rather that game as I only had the first one. Awesome game.

6. NBA Live with Vince Carter on the cover.... this game is legitimately why I became so interested in basketball lol

Really ? Weird lol I first became interested in basketball too. Well I liked basketball before but this game made me love more ! It wasn't the same game, it was NBA Super Tecmo Basketball for the Super Nes. That game was awesome. That is it was awesome at the time lol cause now we have a thousand of games better...

I love the NBA live series. I think I got them all until the 2008 one. I remember I even got the very first NBA live, it was in 1994 and there was a pic of the 94 Finals on the cover. Great game at the time, even better than Tecmo.

7. James Bond.... it's so low because I never had N64... but whenever I got a chance to play it at my friends, God I loved it

I liked that game as well. But only with other players. I found it quite boring alone... But with another player it was awesome.

8. That Mario game for Super Nintendo that had them all... pretty fun game

Oh yeah it was Super Mario All Star. Loved that game. With all the first four Mario (Mario 1, Japanese Mario 2, American/European Mario 2 and Mario 3). Mario 3 is one of the very best Super Mario series, I would have mentioned it in my top ten but I didn't want to mention two games of the same series.

3. Bubble Bobble

Holy [expletive] I used to play this game a lot on arcade when I was a kid ! Then I got it on my first computer, an Armstrad CPC 464. Loved that game.

Other fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom 2, Mortal Kombat and the Dead or Alive series are honorable mentions. My list is mostly full of rpgs.

I was never a fan of Mortal Kombat personally... Dunno why. Well I only liked Sub Zero and Scorpion in that game in fact haha. But I always prefered Street Fighter II. By far the best fighting game ever for me. No one could and in fact still can beat me at that game. :D

1. Toejam and Earl (Genesis)

Nice I thought that I was the only one to love that game lol. I've never met someone who was as a fan of this game as I. I really love that game. Well especially with another player. Alone the game can be boring... But with another player it's one of the best games ever ! I don't know how many people I forced to play this game with me haha.

Besides it's thanks to that game that I heard for the first time of root beer. As a matter of fact we don't have this soda in France so the first time I saw it in that game I had no idea what it was... Besides I didn't even speak English at the time.. I just thought it was regular beer lol. Well I heard about this drink many times since (by watching TV shows and movies in English and stuff) but I still haven't tasted it. Wonder what it tastes like... It's gonna be the first drink I'm gonna taste when I'll be in the US, can be sure of that haha.

Honorable mentions: NBA Street Vol 2

Awesome game right here. I had, and still have in fact the three NBA Streets on Playstation 2. The three best street games ever IMO. Especially the one you mentioned, the second one, I don't know how many times I played that game... Fantastic game.

EDIT : By the way I saw that many people, everyone who mentioned a Zelda game in fact, mentioned Ocarina of Time. So I was just wondering, have you ever play the third Zelda, a Link to the Past on Super Nes ? Cause even if I like Ocarina a lot I personally always prefered the SNES version, I dunno I was expecting the Ocarina to be better to be better, it's still great but it's not long enough and it's easier than the Link to the Past IMO... So anyway was just curious about that.

Edited by Oliver P

I think fighting games in general would be my #11. Games like Tekken, Street Fighter, Dragon Ball Z and the other fighters I mentioned brought something different to the table and that is what I loved so much about them. Personally I'd give the slight edge to Dead or Alive just because DOA 3 was so awesome to play when I was a kid.

I also forgot Halo 2, that easily should be somewhere in my top 5.

By the way Oliver, Ryu or Ken? Personally I liked to use Ken although Ryu was clearly better. Bison was pretty sick too.

ok this isn't an exact order, but trying to get it as close as possible(which isn't possible). I'd probably have to develop an algorithm to determine my top 10 lol

BFME

Pokemon Gold/Silver

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

half life 2 + expansion packs

counter-strike

team fortress 2

Super Mario World

Battlefield 2

Battlefield 2142

BFME 2

EDIT : By the way I saw that many people, everyone who mentioned a Zelda game in fact, mentioned Ocarina of Time. So I was just wondering, have you ever play the third Zelda, a Link to the Past on Super Nes ? Cause even if I like Ocarina a lot I personally always prefered the SNES version, I dunno I was expecting the Ocarina to be better to be better, it's still great but it's not long enough and it's easier than the Link to the Past IMO... So anyway was just curious about that.

Hell yeah Ollie, Link to the Past was great. The opening scene where you're running through the rain sets the tone so well.

Yup yup, great game. Almost mentioned it in my top 10. Only I'd be talking about Game Boy Advanced version, I'm not as old as you guys :lol:

I'd probably have to develop an algorithm to determine my top 10 lol

If anyone on this forum could do it, I'm sure it'd be you :lol:

^ :lol:

To be honest, I've never really been into The Legend of Zelda. I've tried to play a few of them, but I just get bored after a lil while. I have severe gaming ADHD though, Fish and Cobb can attest to this from Gears sessions(I quit randomly in the middle of a round because I'm bored :lol: )

I only really played completely through Twilight Princess, as far as Zelda games go. I still have Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask on that Gamecube special disk...might try OoT at least.

I only really played completely through Twilight Princess, as far as Zelda games go. I still have Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask on that Gamecube special disk...might try OoT at least.

You should def try OoT amazing game, first game that really revolutionized the side quests. Was really ahead of its time, it could come out today and still be an awesome game, that's how good it was.

BTW - I DL'd oblivion and played through the beginning but I don't think my Laptop can run it, everytime I get in a battle and the game has to load 3 or 4 enemies the game gets extremely laggy.

Edited by STATCity

I never beat any of the Zelda games (Aside from Wind Waker), but they are still my favorite. Every time I would get into a hard temple I would just give up. I beat Ocarina of Time with a gameshark lol

Edited by SRV

By the way Oliver, Ryu or Ken? Personally I liked to use Ken although Ryu was clearly better. Bison was pretty sick too.

Haha that's a good question... Well when I was younger I prefered Ken. But that's just because he's American lol, well I've always loved America... But now I like them both equally. Well I stil l prefer Ken a bit though. USA USA !! :D

But anyway Ryu clearly better ? Well I ain't sure about that... In the first Street Fighter II they're exactly the same lol. They start to be different in the second one, I mean Street Fighter II'. And they're getting more and more different with each new SFII... But I honestly don't feel that Ryu's better. His Ha-Do-Ken is better than Ken's but Ken's Shoryuken is better. And I personally prefer Ken's Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, cause it's a multi hit move.

Well as the Hadoken is my favorite weapon I'd say that Ryu is my favorite caracter in the Turbo version, but in the first two versions I prefer to pick Ken.

As for Bison, well I never was a big fan of him to be honest. My favorite boss always were Sagat and Vega. Especially Vega in fact, I'm very strong with Vega.

By the way I don't know if you know this but if you end the game without losing one battle in the mode very hard, you have a different ending, you have a special picture at the end (it doesn't work in arcade, only in the Super NES version). And if you end the game without losing one ROUND, you got another picture. But it's really, really hard lol...I did it only once.. But I was very proud of myself that day haha. Especially that I don't know anyone else who did it.

But I ain't as good as I used to be now, I don't think that I could do it again, especially that I don't play video games often haha.

Hell yeah Ollie, Link to the Past was great. The opening scene where you're running through the rain sets the tone so well.

Yeah the opening scene is awesome man. That game really is unbelievable, definitely my favorite game ever.

Yup yup, great game. Almost mentioned it in my top 10. Only I'd be talking about Game Boy Advanced version, I'm not as old as you guys :lol:

Lol I see... Is it the Advanced version the exact same as the Super NES one by the way ? Never played the Advanced so I dunno.

To be honest, I've never really been into The Legend of Zelda. I've tried to play a few of them, but I just get bored after a lil while. I have severe gaming ADHD though, Fish and Cobb can attest to this from Gears sessions(I quit randomly in the middle of a round because I'm bored :lol: )

Well I used not to like Zelda as well, in the Nes days I mean. But as soon as I first saw the Super NES Zelda I immediately loved that game... I remember I immediately bought a Super NES only for that game.

I never ended Majora's mask. Well I was starting to get tired of video games the year I bought it so I sadly never played it a lot... But I never really liked it as much as LTTP and OOT anyhow.

Lol I see... Is it the Advanced version the exact same as the Super NES one by the way ? Never played the Advanced so I dunno.

Extremely similar...

here are the very minor differences

The SNES/Virtual Console (VC) or GBA?

1.Angry Dark World Tree:

SNES/VC. Touch them and they spit out the bomb.

GBA. You need to talk to them to spit out their bombs.

2. Arrows vs Pots.

SNES/VC:. Wooden arrows and Silver arrows won't break pots.

GBA: Wooden ones can break a pot whilst silver ones can go through more than 1 pot.

3. Hammer vs Bush.

SNES/VC. You can't destroy a bush with the hammer

GBA. You can destroy it with the hammer.

4.Helmasaur King and Crystal.

SNES/VC. The footsteps sound is different to GBA, getting hit (as with all enemies) will flash rainbow colours, explosion takes a while and so is the Crystal text.

GBA. Not shown due to size reasons. But watch the hit flash colour, the explosion length, the sound they walk and crystal text on my Dark Palace 4 Heart speed run.

Walking on portal.

SNES/VC. Takes a while to change.

GBA. A bit quicker but the sound is quite worse and there's no gap of music.

Getting a magic item (Lamp, fire rod).

SNES/VC: You don't get the magic meter filled.

GBA: You do get a automatic fill to the magic meter.

Dark rooms.

SNES/VC: Dino rhino's fireballs can be seen not just in the lantern's range.

GBA: Dino Rhino's fireballs can only be seen in the lantern's range.

Mirror Glitch.

This one did suprise me a bit.

SNES/VC. You go slow then fast and you can only stay in 1 direction. When you exit the SECOND/2ND Screen you just stay there, if the enemy hits you can continue playing.

GBA. Different to the SNES/VC and it does enables you to go almost anywhere.

Dropping bombs and cane blocks into pits.

SNES/VC: you just hear the Bomb/Cane drop sound.

GBA: You hear the Bomb/Cane drop followed by a pit sound.

Last part of Ice Palace.

SNES/VC. You had a switch that must be pressed on at all times to open the door but there's no blocks to support it. Speed runners and pro players would get the 6th Dungeon done before this one so they can use the Cane of Somaria to keep the switch on.

Other than that you would need to hit the crystal switch, then backtrack and push one of the 4 normal blocks down to the pit and push that block on the switch.

GBA: It had changed since then. Now the Cane of Somaria is useless as a speed trick because it has a big wall which you need to use the pit from the floor above to get to the other side. Same method is needed.

Enemy arrangements.

SNES/VC:

In one of the Hyrule castle rooms after getting the master sword, there are 2 red guards. Also the cave that is near the entrance to Turtle Rock's Mirror Shield but in the light world has 3 Green mimic movers.

GBA.

There is only 1 red guard and the cave room with mimic movers are changed into Cyclop walkers (those tough ones at East palace).

Entering a Dungeon.

SNES/VC. Walk in and continue as normal.

GBA: The game halts you and tell what room this is.

Fire Rod vs Bushes.

SNES/VC. No effect.

GBA: Can hit a row of bushes until it's gone.

Getting the flute.

SNES/VC. The flute replaces the shovel.

GBA: The flute has it's own slot so it doesn't replace the shovel.

Spin attack on 3 by 3 Grass.

SNES/VC. It would cut around the player except the grass tile he stands on (badly showned on vid because I was between 2 tiles and not purely standing on 1 tile).

GBA: Similar but the grass tile he stands on is also cut.

Hammer vs Light Rock.

SNES/VC: You can't break it.

GBA: You can break light Rocks but not Dark/heavy Rocks.

Swimming and Hookshot gap.

SNES/VC: It shows the arrow with a jump ledge gap. You can only swim normally.

GBA: A small bridge piece has been added because of screen size plus Link can now dive for under a second only useful in Palace of 4 Sword.

Opening Chests as a Bunny.

SNES/VC: You can't open chests as a bunny.

GBA: You can open chests as a bunny.

Witch's assistant.

SNES/VC: Normal looking sales man from the light world.

GBA: Changed a lot now it looks similar from more recent Game boy titles like the Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Shovel Directions.

SNES/VC: Only Left and Right directions can dig.

GBA: Up and Down are now included with Left and Right.

Just watching that video is making me consider downloading an emulator and playing it :lol:

Edited by STATCity