Randy Moss waived by Vikings

NomarFachix

Once again the Patriots come off looking like geniuses...because that's exactly what they are.

The only teams in front of the Redskins (1-14) that I see MAYBE taking a shot at Randy Moss:

1. Rams - They could become a playoff team with Moss, and would generate a ton of excitement amongst the fanbase.

2. Arizona - Similar situation to the Rams

3. Jacksonville - Not really a likely scenario since they already have Sims Walker, Thomas, and Lewis, but they need to keep it close with all the talent in their division.

4. San Diego -They could end up cutting Jackson, making Moss the main guy. They have the best offense in the league, Moss would like it.

The other 9 teams ahead of the Skins are either out of the playoff picture already, too dysfunctional, or both. The only team that doesn't apply to those descriptions is the Raiders, who have already been with Moss, and we all know how that went...

Then next up is the Redskins, who I think need Moss the most, and fit's the description of a team desperate for a receiver.

Randy would help us out tremendously. Everytime you saw the Lions stacking up in the box, we would be able to throw a quick out route to Moss for 5-8 yards. Keep repeating that play over and over until they begin to back off. And instead of McNabb throwing at the feet of the players, just throw it up to Moss and let him grab it out of the air. That's a luxury I don't think I've seen in my time as a Skins fan.

At the very least, please make a bid for him. We missed out on so many good receivers, let's not let this one slip by.

I would LOVE for him to come back to New England.

Also, I know the season is FAR from over, but it's kind of funny to think of all of the people that said the Patriots were dumb to trade him for a 3rd rounder, yet all they have been doing is winning lately.

If the Patriots beat the Browns, and then beat the Steelers, I'm sure some of you will still say that they aren't a very good team and that you still don't believe in them.

Also, Danny Woodhead is the man!!!!!!!!

Also, I know the season is FAR from over, but it's kind of funny to think of all of the people that said the Patriots were dumb to trade him for a 3rd rounder, yet all they have been doing is winning lately.

If the Patriots beat the Browns, and then beat the Steelers, I'm sure some of you will still say that they aren't a very good team and that you still don't believe in them.

You can thank the Vikings piss poor defense for not tackling. It was like watching the Gophers football team.

Any ways, with reports saying he wasn't waived and reports saying that he was waived, I don't know what to believe. The only thing that the Vikings need to do is get rid of Childress.

If there is one QB who has the Steelers number, it's Brady so I wouldn't put it past the Pats to win that showdown.

Haha, now they are saying he was never officially waived, that Childress may have acted on his own and told the players Moss is no longer with the team.

WTF.

Doesn't seem like it matters...

People close to Randy Moss tell Fox Sports' Jay Glazer that there's "no way" Moss will return to the Vikings as long as coach Brad Childress is in Minnesota, even if club brass talks Childress out of waiving him.

Even if Childress relents on his plan, the future Hall of Famer won't re-report to the Vikings. Because of this, we're led to believe that the Moss transaction will become official Tuesday. It's worth noting that rumors of Moss' destination have slowed down considerably over the last few hours. Many NFL head coaches were asked about their teams possibly pursuing him, and several refused to touch the subject because Moss' release isn't official.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39957679/sports/player_news

4. San Diego -They could end up cutting Jackson, making Moss the main guy. They have the best offense in the league, Moss would like it.

Marty1090 Marty Caswell

I'll squash the Moss to SD rumors right now- just asked Norv Turner, who was surprised on his release. "We're happy with the guys we have."

I'm sure Norv is just splendidly happy that Patrick Crayton is his number one receiver. What an idiot.

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier or on another site, but they have one week and then a bye... Floyd and Naanee will both be back week 11 (Naanee might be back week 9, to be seen) and Jackson returns week 12. Crayton has one week left as the #1, not a big issue for the league's #1 offense IMO.

I'm noit sure how the Pats look like geniuses here. It's not like the Patriots would have waived Randy Moss, and he'd still be a probowl caliber player in NE.The only thing that happen here is the Vikings look really dumb. That's it. No one looks smart.

• Like 1

• Owner

So I'm hearing things about Zygi (owner) being pretty pissed at Childress for pulling this move and might actually fire the [expletive]er.

Good. It's long overdue.

As far as Moss going back to Oakland, I doubt it. While we want to run and throw the deep ball, he would rather play for a championship (guess it doesn't matter if Oakland snags him off waivers). Moss could put us into the playoffs (hell, we are looking damn good right now), but I just don't see him going back to the Raiders.

Would the Chiefs consider him? They shouldn't mind another target for Cassel. It would piss me off, though.

It's tough to say, really.

Good. It's long overdue.

As far as Moss going back to Oakland, I doubt it. While we want to run and throw the deep ball, he would rather play for a championship (guess it doesn't matter if Oakland snags him off waivers). Moss could put us into the playoffs (hell, we are looking damn good right now), but I just don't see him going back to the Raiders.

Would the Chiefs consider him? They shouldn't mind another target for Cassel. It would piss me off, though.

It's tough to say, really.

The Raiders are pissing me off. They are supposed to be losing games so the Patriots can get a high draft pick, but that plan looks like [expletive] now. However, Oakland does have a somewhat tough schedule ahead of them from what I remember when I last looked at it.

Saw this on PFT.

The decision of the Vikings, one day short of four weeks after sending a third-round pick to New England for receiver Randy Moss, to cut Moss loose allows us to conclude beyond any shadow of a doubt that one or more persons employed by the Minnesota Vikings don't know what the hell they are doing.

And it's time for those people to be identified -- and to be fired.

It has to begin with coach Brad Childress, who has presided over a series of desperation moves aimed at winning now, with no regard to building a team that will contend in 2011 or beyond.

Multiple key veterans aren't under contract for next year. Multiple other veterans have no respect or regard for Childress.

There has been talk of a possible termination of Childress, coupled with an elevation of defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier into the top job. It can't hurt to give it a try. Childress commands as little respect within his locker room than any coach currently in the NFL, and it's amazing that this team has enjoyed some success with Childress running the show.

The fact that the team has been successful shows that someone in Minnesota knows what he's doing, and until proven otherwise we'll assume it's V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman.

Still, the best move for the Wilf family would be to hire a football czar, like Bill Parcells previously in Miami, to commence the process of salvaging the wreckage. Given that owner Zygi Wilf was an ardent Giants fan before buying the Vikings in 2005, Wilf possibly would be drawn to Parcells. Another candidate to take over the operation would be Tony Dungy, especially if Frazier, Dungy's former assistant in Indianapolis, would remain as head coach.

Regardless of how it plays out, the Vikings have to do something. With time running out on making arrangements for a new stadium, the Vikings will need to use either results or hope to make it happen. With 2010 destined to end in humiliation, the next best thing is hope. And the only way to manufacture hope is to wipe the slate clean and bring in men who have won Super Bowls elsewhere -- something no one currently managing the team has accomplished.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/02/time-for-heads-to-roll-in-minnesota/

Those who know Zygi Wilf say Vikings owner is angry his team plans to waive the player that he wanted, and worked to bring back, to Minn.

Almost every team will meet today to discuss whether it's worth it to place a waiver claim for WR Randy Moss. Some interesting decisions.

After this story, it's hard to think of him as anything other than a huge Richard.

When Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress told his players Monday afternoon that Randy Moss(notes) would be released because “we want good people that are good football players, and this just doesn’t fit,” several of them nodded their approval. Though Childress isn’t especially popular in the locker room, some Vikings were on board with his decision to move on without Moss four weeks after the polarizing wideout was reacquired in a trade with the New England Patriots.

Even before Sunday’s surreal address to the media following the Vikings’ 28-18 defeat to the Patriots at Gillette Stadium – during which he questioned Childress’ leadership while effusively praising his former coach, Bill Belichick, and the Patriots’ organization – Moss had alienated some of his teammates with his brash, entitled behavior, most glaringly in an incident that occurred in the team’s locker room last Friday afternoon, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk(notes). As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.

According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”

Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.

“This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AofPnMqFhKYfbkKETEFzR_DXScR_?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

I was very surprised when I saw this on ESPN. Some teams that I could see interested are the Indianapolis Colts (with their receiver injury issues), or maybe even the Kansas City Chiefs to add another receiving threat to their offense. I'm sure the Bills are going to take a look at him, but the attitude issues are definitely not what they need for their young franchise.