Car troubles. Please help!

kingfish

Okay so today I filled up gas in my car. Now I normally dont do this my parents just go ahead and fill it up for me cause its their money filling it up anyway. But today I had to fill it up. Its only like the 2nd time ive done this and the last time it went fine.

So long story short, apparently I put in diesel by mistake. I drive a toyota, 2003 model. Yes I know im a complete [expletive] tard for putting in diesel, I dont know what I was thinking. Honestly I know the difference and meant to put in regular, but I dont know what I was doing I just pushed the wrong button or something. Anyways I only put in 10 dollars worth, I had less then a quarter tank left, after I was done the meter went up to slightly below half. So anyways I drove around for a little bit, on the way home though it acted up and it wouldnt even run past like 20 mph, luckily I was able to get it home though.

So ive done some research and apparently, if I get some gas myself, like 93 octane of regular and just put it in, it should balance out the octanes and make it okay again, then next time I fill it up it will be back to normal. Can someone tell me if I should do this or am I just being a complete [expletive] tard again?

How many litres (or gallons is what I assume you use in America) went in? You could probably sifen (spelling?) all the fuel out if it's not too much. Either way, you're extremely lucky you're not having to buy a new car or engine right now.

3.8 liters = 1 gallon, just putting that out. BTW its not that serious to have to buy a new car or engine if you put diesel in it.

Well I mean I dont know how many gallons it was, but like I said, only 10 dollars worth of gas. As of right now I have half like 60 % empty tank, but the problem is theres diesel in there.

So what I was gonna do is fill the rest of my tank with regular gas to balance it out. Problem is I dont even know where to get the gas to bring to my car, obviously im not taking my car to the gas station. And im not sure if this is the best idea, so I need help.

Lol dude you are a complete moron. My suggestion would be just take it to a shop where work on car engins and [expletive] is done, let them know what happened and they will take care of it I am sure there are other idiots like you who have made this mistake before.

Move to New Jersey. The gas station attendants pump your gas for you here!

True...I hate pumping my own gas. But I only put premium in my car...and so many times they've pushed the regular button by mistake! so annoying! :lol:

better that then diesel though...lol

If you know cars you may be able to just disconnect the fuel lines and drain it yourself, however with most cars you will probably have to take the gas tank out of the car so yeah you probably will have to take it to a mechanic.

True...I hate pumping my own gas. But I only put premium in my car...and so many times they've pushed the regular button by mistake! so annoying! :lol:

better that then diesel though...lol

Haha yeah you have to keep an eye on them and make sure they do it right.

Lol dude you are a complete moron. My suggestion would be just take it to a shop where work on car engins and [expletive] is done, let them know what happened and they will take care of it I am sure there are other idiots like you who have made this mistake before.

but dont drive it there :lol: you'll [expletive] it up even more