Its time...

Flash

haslem mostly

This. Which is why I always lol when people blame Bosh for Milsap and Okafor going off. UD was on MIlsap late while Bosh was on Fesenko/Jefferson. Bosh actually packed Millsap late in the game which saved an easy bucket.

http://www.irishroundtable.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hot%20seat.jpg

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2007/02/19/image2492866.jpg

Edited by Flash

The biggest problem for the heat is the point guard position.. Elite pointguards can penetrate their defense which allows the bigs to get easy buckets. I.E. Okafor and Milsap. Dont think the problems as big at the C than pg but both still.need to be addressed. N i think spo needs more time we're only 9 games into the season guys itll take time for things to work themselves out.

This. Which is why I always lol when people blame Bosh for Milsap and Okafor going off. UD was on MIlsap late while Bosh was on Fesenko/Jefferson. Bosh actually packed Millsap late in the game which saved an easy bucket.

Well you certainly didn't want Haslem on Jefferson right?

Do you seriously think Riley isnt behind the scenes calling all the shots right now?

Please, if Riley wants something done differently, it will be done differently. Firing Spoelstra right now isnt going to do anything except make it look like the Big 3 just wanted a scape goat for their own failures.

Do you seriously think Riley isnt behind the scenes calling all the shots right now?

Please, if Riley wants something done differently, it will be done differently. Firing Spoelstra right now isnt going to do anything except make it look like the Big 3 just wanted a scape goat for their own failures.

of course he probably gives tips here and there to spo, but having him in ur face in the locker room or on the sidelines or practices is completely different

Spo isn't the one wearing #3 and losing his city to LeBron James.

Lol @ this notion. I go to every game, live in the city of Miami and I can completely 100% say that that's not the case at all. Wade still gets the biggest ovations, by a lot and is still most beloved sports figure in Miami history. People here have made it known that he's still the real king of Miami and I don't even think its a question anymore.

I also completely endorse firespo.com

• Owner

Lol @ this notion. I go to every game, live in the city of Miami and I can completely 100% say that that's not the case at all. Wade still gets the biggest ovations, by a lot and is still most beloved sports figure in Miami history. People here have made it known that he's still the real king of Miami and I don't even think its a question anymore.

You'll see. You don't want us to judge the team so soon, so do the same.

• Like 1

You'll see. You don't want us to judge the team so soon, so do the same.

Do you live in Miami? No. People here are still wearing Wade County shirts, Wade jerseys everywhere you go. I don't thin you realize how much he means to this city. Yeah, LeBron might be the bigger name across the country, but Miami is, and always will be Wade's town.

You're making an assumption based off of nothing because you know nothing that goes on here.

• Owner

Do you live in Miami? No. People here are still wearing Wade County shirts, Wade jerseys everywhere you go. I don't thin you realize how much he means to this city. Yeah, LeBron might be the bigger name across the country, but Miami is, and always will be Wade's town.

You're making an assumption based off of nothing because you know nothing that goes on here.

Yeah, we're all pros at making predictions/assumptions based off of nothing.

Rudy Gay makes a winning jump-shot against the Miami Heat and now the Heat are going to blame it on Spoelstra? Spo is a great coach in my opinion! the Heat just don't have enough chemistry just yet! They need to play with each other and I could promised you that it will be different with some time and experience. Spoelstra should not get fired at all. He's the youngest coach in the NBA and knows what he's talking about. Sometimes, he makes bad rotations but that's because the other players other than the big three aren't that great.

Why are they blaming it on him? That is total bull[expletive] to be honest, you have the big three who are all good players and you have a bench that really does suck [expletive]. Its hard to have certain minutes for each player, Riley is tripping and needs to know that its gonna take a while to build around the players.

Edited by Tony

Funny how all the Heat fans are pinning this on Spo. It's not Spo fault that the media created this made hype on the Miami Heat winning 70+ games this season. Not Spo fault LeBron added to the hype by saying they are gonna win 8+ titles. Not Spo fault that Wade + LeBron can't co exist so far. Not Spo fault that Bosh playing style is not like a Rodman player that will do all the dirty work and is really an over sized guard that only shoots and drives in on occasion. It is really Spo fault right for D-Wade state line of 1-13, 1-5 FT Line, 5 TO's, & 0-4 from 3PT Line. Also his fault for the bench for just combining for just a measly 4points. Yup Spo it's all your fault. I knew it would happen from the beginning that he would get canned but I didn't expect it this soon. Spo might not even make it till All-Star Weekend which is sad because he might not even get a full year with his first legit team in his career. If Spo would only let the players chill right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OHiv9TTQM

Funny how all the Heat fans are pinning this on Spo. It's not Spo fault that the media created this made hype on the Miami Heat winning 70+ games this season. Not Spo fault LeBron added to the hype by saying they are gonna win 8+ titles. Not Spo fault that Wade + LeBron can't co exist so far. Not Spo fault that Bosh playing style is not like a Rodman player that will do all the dirty work and is really an over sized guard that only shoots and drives in on occasion. It is really Spo fault right for D-Wade state line of 1-13, 1-5 FT Line, 5 TO's, & 0-4 from 3PT Line. Also his fault for the bench for just combining for just a measly 4points. Yup Spo it's all your fault. I knew it would happen from the beginning that he would get canned but I didn't expect it this soon. Spo might not even make it till All-Star Weekend which is sad because he might not even get a full year with his first legit team in his career. If Spo would only let the players chill right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0OHiv9TTQM

I think you're missing the point. From the onset most Heat fans wanted him out, with a HoF coach waiting to take the coaching reigns. Now that they are 8-6 with expectations that they are to perform at 100% every night, I think almost every single Heat fan wants him gone. You are right, most of it is the players' fault, but it is the coach's responsibility to hold player's accountable, and it is also the coach's responsibility to have the players buy into his concept. If fans are freaking out about their slow start, you don't think the player's, many of whom risked millions of dollars for this experiment, aren't freaking out as well? Do you honestly believe from what you've seen from this team that Spo is NOT on the verge of losing this team (or already has)? Once you lose the respect of the players, and once you are on a hot seat that is starting to go up in flames, there is no turning back.

Edited by Nitro

• Owner

From the onset most Heat fans wanted him out, with a HoF coach waiting to take the coaching reigns.

I don't know about all of that. Most every Heat fan I ran across here, and on a few other basketball sites, have been praising Spo up until the first loss of the season to Boston.

How long until Riley replaces Spo?

Never.

I don't think he will, he will be "behind the scenes" helping him out though

only if they lose misreably

First 3 game losing streak or where they have a 10 game stretch of like 4-6.

Personally, I think Spoelstra will do just fine and won't be on the hot seat unless the team really fails to live up to expectations (ie less than 50 wins or getting knocked out of the playoffs in the 2nd or 3rd round).

Other posts, other topic...this one about Riley hinting at coming back for the 2010-11 season.

The only time people have ever complained about Spo's coaching was when Beasley didn't play 36+ minutes. Coaching is beyond that, and he's done a very good job overall.

He did the same thing to SVG, and IMO it is plain wrong morally and ethically. Spoelstra is a VERY solid coach who payed his dues as an assistant to Riley, and has coached an over-achieving team two years in a row. This team is being built and growing with Spoelstra as the coach, and to keep that intact is important. Riley quit on the team twice when they went from contending to crap, and I'd hate to see him do it again, as great of a coach as he is.

People (even you, as a non-Heat fan) thought he was doing fine and figured he'd be in in for the long haul, some of those posts above were even after they brought in LeBron and Bosh.

The fact is, the Heat fans were made to believe they were going to start winning games now, challenging the Bulls' 72-wins now, and winning championships now. Since it's not happening immediately, they are already calling for someone's head, and who would be the first on the block? Easily Spo, because he doesn't have to be part of the team to win rings. You can replace him, realistically, and still get a championship. Same with anyone from Pittman to Arroyo, Chalmers, to Big Z, Dampier, Anthony, Miller, Jones, even Haslem.

Blame anyone but the core and Pat Riley. Ride the wagon until all four wheels fall off. That's why the ship for Spo is sinking so quickly, no other reason for it.

I don't know about all of that. Most every Heat fan I ran across here, and on a few other basketball sites, have been praising Spo up until the first loss of the season to Boston.

It was kind of a crapshoot to see how he would do, but I think 99% of Heat fans would take Riley over Spo from the get-go to coach this team. I think a fair amount of people thought Spo would do just fine, but that was a month ago. With the way things are going, there is a chance they will start the first 1/4 of the season as a .500 ballclub...with the Big 3 healthy and some decent role players, there is no excuse for that. That is mostly on the coach.

People (even you, as a non-Heat fan) thought he was doing fine and figured he'd be in in for the long haul, some of those posts above were even after they brought in LeBron and Bosh.

My post regarding Riley coming back to coach was 2 months before FA started. This is a very unique, delicate situation that realistically a 3rd year coach with little track record and no NBA playing experience likely can't handle.

Blame anyone but the core and Pat Riley. Ride the wagon until all four wheels fall off. That's why the ship for Spo is sinking so quickly, no other reason for it.

I agree with this. There is too much talent with the Big 3 and reputation with Pat Riley to not have Spo be the most expendable of the bunch. And honestly, if it was any other franchise, it would only be 1/100th of the issue it is right now, and that's because you have a HoF coach waiting in the wings.