Beats by Dre Headphones

JYD

I heard it's the best sound ever and you don't hear anything else that the music. They're too expensive though so [expletive] this. I prefer buying 18$ earphones which aren't bad either

My earphones are kinda like that

http://www.radiusearphones.com/store/images/P/hpcaf11k.jpg

So I hit up the Best Buy today and tried out the skull candies, some sony ones for 100, bose, and the dre beats. i found that the dre beats were the best imo as far as comfort, looks, and sound was concerned...considering i do listen to mostly hip hop. i thought the rock actually sounded kinda better on the sony and bose though.

So I'm strongly considering buying them today on Amazon because I just realized I have a 50 dollar gift card to there. And also the WeSc headphones I currently have are so uncomfortable and terrible sound quality for me to continue to work out in and listen to lol. i won't make it til christmas. :lol:

I still can't figure out what the difference is between these two:

http://www.amazon.com/Beats-Solo-Headphones-ControlTalk-Black/dp/B002P8LZ36/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291151055&sr=1-5

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Beats-PRODUCT-Headphones-ControlTalk/dp/B003CP12GQ/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291151055&sr=1-9

The red ones say they are HD, the black say they are not. What is the difference between HD and non-HD when it comes to headphones? any other features between the red and black that make the difference of price 20 dollars more? I don't really get it.

I was listening to the Red HD ones in the store...sounded really good. But what is teh difference between the HD and non-HD...I don't understand.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by JYD

I've honestly have had the Studio Beats for a 1 year+, I love hip-hop.. so the bass was amazing on them.. minus the sound leakage, but I could give a [expletive] what people think of me while I listen to real [expletive].

The worst part is that they are made so cheaply for 300$, I had been through 6 pairs.. the best thing was that I had a warranty from Best Buy from them, so I just went in, got a new pair, and left..

About a month ago, the warranty was up after like the 7th pair or something like that, so I thought let me invest in something else with better quality. I got Bose QuietComfort 15 noise cancelling headphones, they definitely weren't as great with the bass, but they did they did an amazing job.

There are definitely better headphones for 300$ though, Sennheiser & Kilpsch are amazing brands. You might want to invest your money into something along those lines.

I'm looking for a new pair of quality headphones as well, I gave the Bose headphones to my father after 1 day lol.

i ended up just buying the dre beats ones. they were the most impressive ones for 200 that I had a chance to try at best buy. so far i love them, no complaints. we'll see how long they last. hopefully they don't break i'll try to be careful with them.

Yeah don't get those ones he posted lol. Honestly, RESEARCH headphones to get good ones. Don't just buy them after trying them on or reading a few reviews. Look at specs, multiple websites for reviews by professionals, not by every day people. Everyone has Beats for the logo, not the sound quality.

Yeah don't get those ones he posted lol. Honestly, RESEARCH headphones to get good ones. Don't just buy them after trying them on or reading a few reviews. Look at specs, multiple websites for reviews by professionals, not by every day people. Everyone has Beats for the logo, not the sound quality.

idk the sound quality is pretty good but 200 bucks was a lot that i paid. i'd been looking at them for months and kind of putting money aside for them. plus, like i've stated for the ones i got to try they were the most impressive in that price range (best buy doesnt really offer the greatest selection to try) i also use headphones at least 3 hours per day so i figured i might as well invest in a pair that looks cool lol and sounds pretty good.