Why is Chris Bosh in so many trade rumors...?

Guest STL10

• Owner

If the Heat ever consider trading Bosh, it needs to be for a back-to-the-basket power forward or center, someone that they can throw an entry pass to in the post. If he can run the floor well, that's an extra incentive for this team.

They need to be able to run the break well, but also be effective in a half-court set, because the contenders will attempt to slow down Miami, force them into a slower pace, which will limit the amount of points they can put on the board AND force them into playing defense for 48 minutes.

Trading Bosh would be stupid this early in the Miami Heat project. Right now he's playing great, and he's doing his work very comfortably within the confines of the offense. He's automatic with all those open mid-range jumpers he's getting from LBJ and Wade, and he's pretty damn effective and efficient in face-up situations (of all the Big 3 he's been the most aggressive in iso situations when it comes to getting to the rim). For the last 10 games or so his game has really picked up and he's been the most consistent of the Big 3 by far. Most importantly, as I mentioned before, he's found his niche in the offense and is doing it within the flow of the game.

To answer the question as to why he's in so many trade rumors, it's because he was the early-season scapegoat of the Heat's roster, and he's soft and the most likely of the Big 3 to get traded.

I do believe the Heat will strongly consider a Bosh-Melo swap if Denver wants to talk deal.

Bosh is no interior presence, he is a mid-range scorer, which is what Melo does, only better. Melo's mid-range game, catch-and-shoot, and scoring in half court sets when the ball stalls is Melo's forte.

Both Wade and LeBron are primarily slashers and finishers. When the opposing team is playing lockdown halfcourt defense, the Heat can turn to Melo to work his one-on-one magic. On open court, LeBron and Wade can murder teams.

Bosh would definitely be the best offer Denver gets, if the Heat offers, even if the Nuggets are very high on Derrick Favors. So if the Heat want to do it, I'm sure it's almost deal done.

Do the Heat want to do it, though? Melo is averaging 23.3 ppg and a career high 8.1 rpg. He can play PF, he has played inside this year more often than any in his career, and I think is a better interior scorer than Bosh... Melo is also playing arguably his best defense of his career so far this season.

Bosh is no defensive stopper, no rebounder, if he's just another scorer in the Heat's fold, the Heat might as well replace him with a better one in Melo.

LOL Melo for Bosh? do you really think it would happen for the Nuggets? they'd never want that to happen in my opinion since Melo is a better overall player than Bosh and a better leader for sure. I think the Heat should trade Bosh only for a lot of fillers to make a more talented bench

• Owner

If the Heat want to give up 60 points in the paint every game, they will trade Bosh for Melo, and stick Melo at the four. Teams will eat them alive down low.

Bosh isn't the ideal defender, but he's a better defender than Melo is when you're talking who can defend the power forward position better.

I think the chances of us trading Bosh is below 0%

People just needed to stir up some BS to get a story going.

Why would we trade Bosh when we have no post game to being with....at least we have some what of a post game with Bosh.

Edited by SRV