Nets-Knicks ad feud continues

Guru

The Knicks recently released a radio ad tweaking the Nets, stating "Hey Nets. You can walk like us, you can talk like us, but you ain't never gonna be like us."
"I don't think we want to be like the Knicks. I think we'd more like to resemble the Lakers," the first-year owner said in a statement released by the Nets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5866744

lololol, I ♥ Prokhorov

I always lol @ this whole "tradition" the Knicks swear they have, especially that whole "mecca of basketball" bull[expletive]. 2 titles, you aren't the Lakers, Bulls or Celtics.

Edited by Flash

I always lol @ this whole "tradition" the Knicks swear they have, especially that whole "mecca of basketball" bull[expletive]. 2 titles, you aren't the Lakers, Bulls or Celtics.

How did you get any single piece of this from what was posted?

you ever watch a knick game? they have a huge dedicated fan base for a team that hasn't been over .500 in a decade. i'd like to see the lakers, celtics, and bulls arena if they hadn't been over .500 in 10 years.

• Like 1

you ever watch a knick game? they have a huge dedicated fan base for a team that hasn't been over .500 in a decade. i'd like to see the lakers, celtics, and bulls arena if they hadn't been over .500 in 10 years.

Why are they [expletive] talking then? They're in no position to be saying anything...to anyone.

Why are they [expletive] talking then? They're in no position to be saying anything...to anyone.

Because the Nets started the bickering by hanging a banner outside of MSG trying to steal fans... and the Knicks are better this year. Perfect opportunity for a response, no?

We are one game behind the most amazing team in NBA history, you know the greatness in Miami. That's a good position no? :)

Bringing Miami into this doesn't help your case at all. The point is, that's a stupid ad to run considering the Knicks have been irrelevant and under .500 for a long time.

Bringing Miami into this doesn't help your case at all. The point is, that's a stupid ad to run considering the Knicks have been irrelevant and under .500 for a long time.

:lol: Your point is you're a Knick hater and you're just trying to troll the Knicks, but ok

Edited by STATCity

Knicks are always top 5 in attendance every year regardless of record.

BTW, Phil Jackson (FORMER KNICK) helped the Bulls and Lakers win 11 championships and become what they are today.

NYC will ALWAYS be the Mecca of Basketball. Look at the players and coaches who come out of NYC and do work in the NBA the list is long...

Kareem, Melo, Dr.J, Jordan (Before he could walk lol), and many more...

Kareem, Melo, Dr.J, Jordan (Before he could walk lol), and many more...

I'll give you Kareem and Julius, but Melo moved to B-More when he was 8 and Jordan doesn't count. LA, Chicago, New Jersey are all catching up and if not they're already better at producing NBA talent than NY.

That's beside the point in this debate anyways.

I just don't think the Knicks should be trying the Nets, or anyone else for that matter until they're consistently winning and in the playoffs again. Its the same as if the Warriors came out and did that against the Kings. It just makes no sense lol.

The back-and-forth has sparked the return of a rivalry that both fanbases are enjoying. It's an entertaining stepping stone as the Atlantic Yards project progresses.

This is the first time in a while where I can crack fun at the Dolans, asbestos, and whatever else and expect a response.

Flash be [expletive]gin :lol:

How's he "[expletive]gin"? He said that he never understood the whole "tradition" thing with the Knicks, which makes complete sense, and that they are not on the Lakers or Celtics level.

Then, we have you, who thinks he's digging too far into it, and thinks that the statement is based just on this season. Saying, "you'll never be like us" does not sound like a statement based off of a better start from just this season, but rather a comparison of the history of both franchises.

You're just looking for a reason to bash him, even thought everything he said in his first post was correct.

He said that he never understood the whole "tradition" thing with the Knicks, which makes complete sense, and that they are not on the Lakers or Celtics level.

No, they aren't. And they didn't claim to be. I'm not sure where the outcry is coming from that the Knicks are as good as the Lakeshow or Celts, it was never even slightly implied. He said he doesn't know why NY is the basketball mecca, and then applied it to their recent success, or lack-there-of... Which couldn't be further from why it's referred to as that. But why should I say anything, right? I'm just obsessed with him. Hell, I'm obsessed with you too.

Then, we have you, who thinks he's digging too far into it, and thinks that the statement is based just on this season. Saying, "you'll never be like us" does not sound like a statement based off of a better start from just this season, but rather a comparison of the history of both franchises.

Okay then, let's look beyond this current season. Let's compare the history of both franchises.

New Jersey Nets:

1534-1959 43.9%

52-65 44.4%

0 NBA Championships

2 Conference Titles

4 Division Titles

New York Knicks

2483-2516 49.6%

179-171 51.5%

2 NBA Championships

8 Conference Titles

7 Division Titles

So talking this season or historically, I don't have to make much of a point. Or we could take your viewpoint and look merely at the last decade... Sweet.

You're just looking for a reason to bash him, even thought everything he said in his first post was correct.

I have 0 reason to do this, but thanks for jumping to his defense. This was fun. I'm so obsessed :lol: