The Heat suck lolz!

YugoRocketsFan

Waiting for the Heat to play some better teams. They've weathered an early storm, and have feasted on a host of bad teams, which is good. However, aside from a win in Utah, which is impressive, they haven't beaten too many teams of note.

On the other hand, with the exception of Milwaukee allergic reaction to offense keeping them well-below .500, the Eastern Conference is now basically up to common preseason expectations, or at least my preseason expectations.

People do have a short memory. I do remember a lot of people jumping back on the Chris Paul bandwagon at the start of the season and now most of them are back saying Deron is the best. I am not saying whether that is true or not, but it's a good example of how most people tend to only remember short-term events.

I think you guys misunderstood the thread he made.

At the beginning of the season before the players only meeting everybody was on the Heats nuts saying they suck, hell I still think they do, but nobody is out expressing it.

Edited by deestillballin

I think you guys misunderstood the thread he made.

At the beginning of the season before the players only meeting everybody was on the Heats nuts saying they suck, hell I still think they do, but nobody is out expressing it.

With all the hate I have for the Miami Heat, I have to admit they're playing way better. You can't say they suck when they go on a 7 game winning streak and beat the Jazz who are a really good team (who could just beat the Magic by 12 (yesterday) ). Heat finally understood they have to drive to the rim more often instead of popping for random shots.

Example: If you look at yesterday's highlights, Carlos Arroyo drove to the rim!!!! First time I saw him make a lay-up :lol:

I just don't say anything because this is pretty much what I expected from them....the haters just want us to go on a murder spree of the Western Conference before they give any credit. Apparently the Eastern Conference as a whole blows, so winning against them is as good as beating a highschool team.

If we beat the Lakers, maybe people will get a good indication, but then people will say "The Lakers didn't have Bynum" so we will be back to square one.

It's funny people mention how Heat haven't done so well against .500 or better teams, yet, neither have the Lakers and no one is jumping on their backs or making a big deal out of it. The Lakers are 2-4 against teams currently .500 or better, and after 23 games, they have only played 6 teams that are currently .500 or better.

And what, they are half a game ahead of us? Heat are 16-8 and Lakers are 16-7. And the Heat's opponent record is .492 (18th in the league in terms of hardness of schedule) and the Lakers' opponent record is .412 (29th in terms of hardness of schedule). And yeah, Lakers don't have Bynum, but the Heat don't have Miller or Haslem. I agree that the Heat need to beat better teams to be taken more seriously, and I understand no one gives a [expletive] about the Lakers not doing so well as they are the defending champs, but this thing about the Heat not beating good teams is being so overblown.

It's funny people mention how Heat haven't done so well against .500 or better teams, yet, neither have the Lakers and no one is jumping on their backs or making a big deal out of it. The Lakers are 2-4 against teams currently .500 or better, and after 23 games, they have only played 6 teams that are currently .500 or better.

And what, they are half a game ahead of us? Heat are 16-8 and Lakers are 16-7. And the Heat's opponent record is .492 (18th in the league in terms of hardness of schedule) and the Lakers' opponent record is .412 (29th in terms of hardness of schedule). And yeah, Lakers don't have Bynum, but the Heat don't have Miller or Haslem. I agree that the Heat need to beat better teams to be taken more seriously, and I understand no one gives a [expletive] about the Lakers not doing so well as they are the defending champs, but this thing about the Heat not beating good teams is being so overblown.

You just proved why the Lakers don't need to beat every opponent by saying that yes, the Lakers are the defending champs. The Lakers have already proven that no matter what happens during the regular season, they have what it takes to get it done in the playoffs...Twice. They're back to back defending champs, what have the Heat done? They're the ones that have a lot to prove. They're the team with 3 super star players.

Like I said in a different topic, the Lakers could finish as the 8th seed in the West, but they'll still make it back to the finals waiting for the Celtics, Magic, or maybe the Heat. The Lakers have nothing to prove, the Heat have a ton to prove.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
  • Like 1

You can't just give the Lakers a free path to the finals....many teams in the West can handle the Lakers this year, thats what they are all geared for. The Heat won the title in 06, and look what happened the next season....so yes, until they get back to the FInals, the Lakers are struggling to beat good teams this year, just like the Heat.

• Owner

You guys do know that it's not just Bynum that's injured, right? Gasol is playing on a bad, bad hamstring again (what made him actually miss games last year), and he nearly missed the Kings game just nights ago. And do you guys not know what has been happening with Kobe's fingers/hand after every game?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/91/fullj.5c1df63f3036fce71d7e04a4681ee3ae/5c1df63f3036fce71d7e04a4681ee3ae-getty-103889397jg011_sacramento_k.jpg

Yeah, you guys don't have Haslem or Miller, but at least your top three players are all healthy as a horse. Come on now...you can't seriously tell me a fully-healthy Kobe/Gasol duo would lose four straight, five of their last six, can you? We had only lost three in a row once since getting Gasol.