Sheridan: Melo Will Only Accept Extension With NYK

Teletopez

lol dude...

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

Still doesn't change the fact that he had the right to leave. He played out the contract he signed and won 2 MVP's during that time. He gave Cleveland as much as he could considering the garbage he had for a supporting cast.

How long before he left was that quote? Situations can change over time you know..

Edited by Flash

Still doesn't change the fact that he had the right to leave. He played out the contract he signed and won 2 MVP's during that time. He gave Cleveland as much as he could considering the garbage he had for a supporting cast.

How long before he left was that quote? Situations can change over time you know..

He had the right to leave.. But you don't leave your hometown on a bad note.. This was April 2010, 8 months ago... while the Cavaliers had the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.. garbage supporting cast FTW.

It's cool that he signed with your team.. I was disappointed.. but you DONT DO THAT TO YOUR HOMETOWN...

Not on national TV, with no idea with what's going down up until the hour before "The Decision."

I wonder what you would've thought if Wade was top 3 players in the NBA.. and he pulled the same bull[expletive] LeBron did.

LeBron and Melo are both punks, one for telling Cleveland he doesn't want to go ring-chasing and wants to build a champion there (and eventually going against his word, last-second), and the other for demanding a trade and refusing to sign that extension for anyone other than the Knicks.

Denver just needs to deal him to the Eastern Conference for picks and youth, and let that conference stack their top teams with trios of all-stars and superstars, so they can all fight to see who gets beat in the NBA Finals next.

I don't see how this makes Melo a punk, because he wants to play for NY? He's a grown [expletive] man and FA has allowed players to decide to play where they want to play. He wants to play for NY, no clue how that makes him a punk.

Phil trashed Pau a few weeks back, talking about how he gets punked by his brother. Jordan slapped Kerr in the face, and he has thrown his teammates under the bus plenty of times while interviewed during games (stating how they aren't playing well).

Him trashing Bynum was a bad thing to do, but it was warranted. Kidd was still an all-star quality point guard at that time (made the AS team at least once after that), and while all of that is going on, Drew is on his fourth consecutive season with a major knee injury.

Not sure what else to say about it.

Here's a fact: if he wanted traded to Chicago, he wouldn't have voided the trades (two or three of them, in fact). If he wanted to go to the Clippers, he wouldn't have voided that deal. It was written, over and over again, that he was voiding deals that Chicago and the Clips would lay out for Mitch. Same with Atlanta when they phoned.

Do you think Melo would void a trade to the Knicks if he had a no-trade clause? Haha, no way.

Would LeBron have voided a trade to Miami? Bosh to Miami? When Garnett wanted out of Minnesota, would he have voided a deal to the Lakers? Did he dispute going to Boston?

When a player wants out, they ask for the trade, and then they take it. Kobe voided at least 6-7 trade offers from other teams. It's not hard to figure out what his intentions were. People found reason to hate on him because he won rings with Shaq...then they found reason to hate when he was accused of rape. They found reason to hate when he asked for a trade. Now they have found reason to hate because he's got two more. Puts a smile on my face. Kobe stated before that he would be a Laker for life, he declined trades that would've given him a better opportunity to win a championship (in the East, on a better team than the Gasol-less Lakers). He didn't ditch the Lakers for the Clippers, when they offered him the cash and a way out of a relationship with Shaq in 2004. He has never opted out to become a free agent. It's all right there in front of you guys.

He's loyal, and he knows where he should be, win or lose (usually winning). Can't say the same for others. Ironically, the Heat and Knicks fans are going to be pissed off when someone opposes what LeBron did, and what Melo will eventually do, but I definitely understand why.

even if you're right, which I still doubt, it's a double standard. you're apparently fine with Kobe criticizing his teammates publicly and making 'fake' trade demands, but I'd bet everything I own that if it was LeBron who did either of those things, you would be on his [expletive] like flies on [expletive]. it's cool, though, that's just Laker fans. Kobe is God and unless he leaves the Lakers, he can do no wrong. just one of the many reasons I'm no longer a fan of Kobe or the Lakers.

Edited by HOV

He had the right to leave.. But you don't leave your hometown on a bad note.. This was April 2010, 8 months ago... while the Cavaliers had the best record in the league, five games ahead of the Lakers.. garbage supporting cast FTW.

1. LeBron isn't from Cleveland, he's from Akron.

2. Look at where that team is now and tell me how good they are. He was EVERYTHING to that team.

It's cool that he signed with your team.. I was disappointed.. but you DONT DO THAT TO YOUR HOMETOWN...

Not on national TV, with no idea with what's going down up until the hour before "The Decision."

I wonder what you would've thought if Wade was top 3 players in the NBA.. and he pulled the same bull[expletive] LeBron did.

Again, not his hometown. Yeah, "The Decision" was done poorly I agree, but he had the right to do it. Had Wade left Miami, I would've been disappointed but I'd probably still be a Wade fan and I wouldn't expect the fans from every other team to care about it so much.

I don't see how this makes Melo a punk, because he wants to play for NY? He's a grown [expletive] man and FA has allowed players to decide to play where they want to play. He wants to play for NY, no clue how that makes him a punk.

So then there's a double standard? Because LeBron is a grown man too and he made a decision that he thought was best for him. Melo is handcuffing Denver more than LBJ ever did the Cavs because he want's only to play in NY. Its not that he want's to play in NY, that's totally fine. But play out your contract and then leave or be more open to different teams. He's killing Denver's chances of getting anything back for him.

So then there's a double standard? Because LeBron is a grown man too and he made a decision that he thought was best for him. Melo is handcuffing Denver more than LBJ ever did the Cavs because he want's only to play in NY. Its not that he want's to play in NY, that's totally fine. But play out your contract and then leave or be more open to different teams. He's killing Denver's chances of getting anything back for him.

LeBron isn't a punk for leaving, he's a punk for promising a championship and not to leave and the breaking their hearts on national TV and then going to Miami to be a sidekick to D Wade, is a was a [expletive] [expletive] dick move, but I have no problem with him wanting to switch teams, it his actions that surrounded 'the decision' that made LeBron what he is.

LeBron isn't a punk for leaving, he's a punk for promising a championship and not to leave and the breaking their hearts on national TV and then going to Miami to be a sidekick to D Wade, is a was a [expletive] [expletive] dick move, but I have no problem with him wanting to switch teams, it his actions that surrounded 'the decision' that made LeBron what he is.

Lol @ sidekick but that's a totally different discussion.

I believe he meant what he said in that promise but again, how long was that before the decision? Like I said above, situations change and I think he just got fed up there.

Melo isn't some saint either. His little "I'm not Chris Bosh" comment was pretty backhanded especially towards a guy he won a gold medal with in 08.

Point is, Melo deserves some heat for this situation whether you like it or not.

1. LeBron isn't from Cleveland, he's from Akron.

2. Look at where that team is now and tell me how good they are. He was EVERYTHING to that team.

Again, not his hometown. Yeah, "The Decision" was done poorly I agree, but he had the right to do it. Had Wade left Miami, I would've been disappointed but I'd probably still be a Wade fan and I wouldn't expect the fans from every other team to care about it so much.

LeBron is from Ohio. He was the whole team, you're right.. So when you tell an organization you're not leaving without a ring.. You better be ready to face all the scrutiny coming towards you when you leave without one.

Truth is, LeBron is an arrogant person. He should've went to college, so he could learn something about morals, respect, loyalty.. something in order for him to finally grow up.

I don't respect him as a person, I've never liked him.. Always thought he was overrated.. That probably is because he's so arrogant and cocky. I'd take a humble Durant over him any day.

LeBron isn't a grown man, he's a child... He swears he has a legacy.. but he has nothing but 2 MVPs... He's never won a ring and I hope he never does win one. He says he has no regrets with the whole Decision..

I hope in the next 5 years, he realizes what he did to his fanbase, persona, and "legacy."

He'll never be forgiven for what he did and how he did it until he gives a formal apology to Ohio.

Look, if he would've never had said the whole "I'm not leaving Cleveland without a ring," things would've been way different. But point is, he said it. A man is supposed to be held accountable for his actions.. Fans are fans, they take things to the heart. We all take things to the heart. If Dwyane Wade never had won a ring and said he'll never leave until he does so.. I would expect him to do that. Because when you're a man.. when you're grown up. You live up to your expectations.

If LeBron left on a good note, they wouldn't have booed him on his first game back to Quickens Loans Arena.

Stop looking at [expletive] from a, "OH I'M MIAMI HEAT I WONNZZ LIKE OMGGGG I HAVE TO BE A RETARD, BE IGNORANT AND SHOW EVERYONE THATT I WON LEBRON.. LIKE LOLZ."

If someone is right, you acknowledge it and learn from it.

Just as one day, hopefully, LeBron apologizes and life will go on.

• Owner

even if you're right, which I still doubt, it's a double standard. you're apparently fine with Kobe criticizing his teammates publicly and making 'fake' trade demands, but I'd bet everything I own that if it was LeBron who did either of those things, you would be on his [expletive] like flies on [expletive]. it's cool, though, that's just Laker fans. Kobe is God and unless he leaves the Lakers, he can do no wrong. just one of the many reasons I'm no longer a fan of Kobe or the Lakers.

Haha, well, I hate to inform you, but LeBron was my second favorite player at one point. Then he disrespected the Magic in the playoffs after he lost, wore a "Check my $tats" shirt during the summer, prancing around with his Cavalier teammates during blowouts and laughing at other teams, re-tweeting EVERYTHING good that his followers say about him (to the point where it's a bit creepy, narcissistic and obsessive)...and, finally, it got old.

And I'm pretty sure I did say that it was bad that Kobe called out Drew (check the post you quoted, actually). Kobe can do wrong. He was egotistical early in his career, shut out a lot of teammates and friends. He committed adultery.

However, he did no wrong by pushing the organization to put talent around him AFTER they lied to both him and Phil Jackson.

Here's what's weird, though: I don't see ANY Heat fans criticizing what LeBron James has done, in the past or present, now that he's on the team. Should you stop rooting for the Heat now? It seems like LeBron is the god-like player according to most all of the Miami Heat's fanbase, and that he has never done wrong.

• Owner

He's not a free agent.

If anything Melo is not a "punk" because he is letting his team and other teams know before hand that he isn't going to sign with them.

Here's the thing, though: what does that do for Denver? He's letting them know he wants just one team, and that he's leaving regardless. So, basically...

"Hey, Denver, trade me to the Knicks before February (even if it means you're going to get ripped off), or lose me to the Knicks and get nothing in return come July. The Nets will give you Favors and picks? So? I don't want to go anywhere else, so deal with it."

I would let the punk leave in July, so he is forced into signing a 70% deal, and two years shorter, after the new CBA screws him over.

• Like 1

My sources tell me Denver has convinced New Jersey to do trade without his extension promise, Melo will be traded to the Nets. Sorry Knick fans.

No need to be sorry, if this is true. Let him go to Jersey, hopefully he doesn't sign an extension, and we sign him in the offseason without giving anything up.

Nets would be dumb to do this, though.

No need to be sorry, if this is true. Let him go to Jersey, hopefully he doesn't sign an extension, and we sign him in the offseason without giving anything up.

Nets would be dumb to do this, though.

Nets are convinced once he's traded there, Melo will not take massive pay cut just to move to New York. In 2012-2013, they move to Brooklyn with better crowd.

Nets are convinced once he's traded there, Melo will not take massive pay cut just to move to New York. In 2012-2013, they move to Brooklyn with better crowd.

Better crowd than the Knicks?

Still an immense gamble for the Nets, one that doesn't really make sense. But you have the sources!

If we were convinced of that this deal would have went through before the season even started.

Get out of your delusional world, he is going to the Knicks; via trade or FA.

Haha, well, I hate to inform you, but LeBron was my second favorite player at one point. Then he disrespected the Magic in the playoffs after he lost, wore a "Check my $tats" shirt during the summer, prancing around with his Cavalier teammates during blowouts and laughing at other teams, re-tweeting EVERYTHING good that his followers say about him (to the point where it's a bit creepy, narcissistic and obsessive)...and, finally, it got old.

And I'm pretty sure I did say that it was bad that Kobe called out Drew (check the post you quoted, actually). Kobe can do wrong. He was egotistical early in his career, shut out a lot of teammates and friends. He committed adultery.

However, he did no wrong by pushing the organization to put talent around him AFTER they lied to both him and Phil Jackson.

Here's what's weird, though: I don't see ANY Heat fans criticizing what LeBron James has done, in the past or present, now that he's on the team. Should you stop rooting for the Heat now? It seems like LeBron is the god-like player according to most all of the Miami Heat's fanbase, and that he has never done wrong.

so egotism, disrespect, and adultery < arrogance?

if you're judging players based on off the court decisions, how could Kobe possibly be above LeBron?

I'll admit James is arrogant and immature, but none of what he's done comes anywhere close to rape.

Edited by HOV

• Owner

so egotism, disrespect, and adultery

if you're judging players based on off the court decisions, how could Kobe possibly be above LeBron?

I'll admit James is arrogant and immature, but none of what he's done comes anywhere close to rape.

All of his on-court problems are resolved. LeBron's aren't. Maybe he'll change, and I'll change my mind about him again...but I doubt it. Off the court, it's nobody's business but his and his family's. Not mine, not yours.

All of LeBron's problems were tied into basketball, which gives me every right to say what I want. That's the definition of an on-court act.

This LeBron love-fest you have going on was never, ever in sight until you started hearing about the possibility of him going to Miami, so don't start digging deep for compliments when you weren't looking for them 2-3 years ago, when he and his Cavaliers would've kicked the living [expletive] out of Wade and the Heat in the playoffs, if they had a chance.

And, Kobe didn't rape anyone, and you won't last here if you continue saying it, because it's baiting Lakers fans. Don't get too out of hand, like you did at RSZ (already notified by three people from there a while back). This is definitely not the place for it, and I won't hesitate to pull the plug...no big deal at all for me.

Mods, you know what to do if it happens again.

All of his on-court problems are resolved. LeBron's aren't. Maybe he'll change, and I'll change my mind about him again...but I doubt it. Off the court, it's nobody's business but his and his family's. Not mine, not yours.

but 'The Decision' and the Check My Stats shirt were both off the court scenarios and you've made those your business constantly.

All of LeBron's problems were tied into basketball, which gives me every right to say what I want. That's the definition of an on-court act.

so if LeBron were to rape, murder, or rob - that's nobody's business, but wearing a t-shirt means field day?

This LeBron love-fest you have going on was never, ever in sight until you started hearing about the possibility of him going to Miami, so don't start digging deep for compliments when you weren't looking for them 2-3 years ago, when he and his Cavaliers would've kicked the living [expletive] out of Wade and the Heat in the playoffs, if they had a chance.

actually, I'm not even that big a fan of LeBron. I like Wade and Bosh a lot more.

And, Kobe didn't rape anyone, and you won't last here if you continue saying it, because it's baiting Lakers fans. Don't get too out of hand, like you did at RSZ (already notified by three people from there a while back). This is definitely not the place for it, and I won't hesitate to pull the plug...no big deal at all for me.

lol I was the most mature member at RSZ. those guys are just mad I left them. actually, they disliked me well before I even registered there. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this warning. I was having a mature debate with you, but ok, I got the message. I just won't say anything bad about Kobe again. :mellow:

• Owner

The Decision had everything to do with basketball. Just because it was physically "off the court" doesn't mean it didn't. You don't seem to grasp the concept there.

Kobe's trial did not change the league. The Lakers were still a threat. Bryant came right out of a trial, missed part of the Denver game (where the trial was being held) and hit a game-winner to beat the Nuggets that same night. It had absolutely nothing to do with the game of basketball.

so if LeBron were to rape, murder, or rob - that's nobody's business, but wearing a t-shirt means field day?

You're being ignorant. No NBA player, that is in this game right now, has raped or murdered anyone. If they robbed someone, I sure don't know about it...and they haven't done it recently, or we would know. It would be frowned upon, but it has nothing to do with the game of basketball.

Plus, that's a crime. You go to prison for those three. Cheating on your wife isn't. Weird that you would put those three in the same discussion, though...

lol I was the most mature member at RSZ. those guys are just mad I left them. actually, they disliked me well before I even registered there. I'm not sure what I did to deserve this warning. I was having a mature debate with you, but ok, I got the message. I just won't say anything bad about Kobe again.

Nobody cares if you criticize Kobe's game, or even how he is as a person...but you're not going to call him a rapist, just like I wouldn't allow anyone to call Gilbert Arenas a murderer because he possessed a gun in the locker room. Don't become Diesel. He did the same garbage, hating Bryant so much he resorted to ridiculous comments that weren't true, and it's considered baiting. I'm pretty sure you don't want people to think you're our next Diesel.