Gerald Wallace potentially being dealt...

N.1.A.K.

They could get into the playoffs with Miller and Jackson in the backcourt along with Diaw, Thomas, and Camby upfront. It also helps them long term by losing the contract of Wallace and Diop.

As for Portland, I'm not entirely sure what they're thinking here. They would need to play more small ball with Wallace as the PF and LMA at C, so it doesn't create a logjam at the 2-3 spots. I guess they are trying to play Roy at point guard to free up minutes at the 2.

why is mj trading young-ish for old?

money.

The Blazers deal would certainly do that next season, as Miller's contract is expiring (team option worth $7.8 for 2011-12) and Camby is owed $9.2 million in the last year of his deal while Wallace, Diop and Augustin are set to earn a combined $20.7 million. The savings are even greater in the subsequent season, as Wallace and Diop have player options worth a combined $18.7 million for the 2011-12 campaign (Augustin is a restricted free agent).

DJ Augustine, Brandon Roy, Gerald Wallace, LaMarcus Aldridge, Joel Przybilla

Patty Mills, Rudy Fernandez, Wesley Matthews, Nicolus Batum, DeSagana Diop

Greg Oden, Armon Johnson, Luke Babbitt, Cunningham

Tough decision, but if this trade does happen, I take it that it wont be the last one Portland makes as I think they really want to keep Matthews in the starting five. Maybe...

Roy, Matthews, Wallace, Aldridge, Przybilla

Augustine, Rudy, Batum, Cunningham, Diop

Hmm....