WJ Thread

Universe

Canada has looked awful so far in this game, regardless of the score and didn't impress me in either of the 3 games they played before hand. They will get nothing better then third this year.

Thought they made a bad choice with Roy so it'll be interesting to see who gets the start next game.

2nd period just started, Schenn already with the hat trick and 11 points on the tournament. Unfair.

He's pretty much the only scoring threat we have right now besides Ryan Ellis, who is a defensemen. So the forwards are essentially useless and are composed of a bunch of grinders. We need Louis Leblanc to step up, Jaden Schwartz to come back healthy and we need some scoring from guys like Hamilton, Eakin, etc.

2nd period just started, Schenn already with the hat trick and 11 points on the tournament. Unfair.

Yeah, he is clearly a level above most players in this tournament and it is almost unfair that he is even playing in it (especially against a team like Norway) considering he should probably be in the NHL, or at the very least, the AHL.

Not that I'm complaining or anything like that because he has been far and away the best player on the Canadian roster. Canada will definitely need him to keep up this high level of play when they face teams like Sweden or the USA.

Hopefully he can get another goal and tie the Canadian record for most goals in a game (Mario Lemieux and Simon Gagne both had 4). That is about the only reason to continue watching this game at this point.

Oh yeah, Ryan Ellis' two assists in this game made him the highest scoring defenseman in the history of the tournament.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

With the exception of Campbell, the American team was quite underwhelming. About time Canada starts to dominate, they have so much talent.

I actually don't think that this Canadian team is really all that talented (at least compared to other teams over the past few years). They don't have the game breakers like they had in previous years like Hall, Tavares, Eberle, Hodgson etc... but they have outstanding chemistry and are just relentless on the forecheck.

They do probably have the most talent out of any team in the tournament (like always), though.

The States were really disappointing. I expected a much better game than what we saw yesterday as it could've easily been 8-1 or worse if it wasn't for Campbell. They really missed guys like Stepan and Schroeder as guys who had great tournaments last year and were expecting more from this year, like D'Amigo and Morin, were invisible out there.

USA beats Sweden 4-2 to win Bronze, making it the first time in their history that they have won back-to-back medals in this tournament, as well as winning a medal on home ice.

I only saw the third period of this game, but you have to wonder why they didn't play with that kind of effort against Canada. Not that I think they would've won because Canada was absolutely flying in that Monday night game, but they definitely wouldn't have been embarassed and throughouly dominated like they were.